Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surf and Turf - Saturday 29th September 2012 - Lakes, Dales & Dragons

+24
SteveCat
MevsyD
TomCom
NoLongerChickenTim
mrfrance
terry lees
Radar
Cheshirecat
greencat
yamahamad
robertcains
kwakkat
littlecat
Snowcat
Robcat
JAM
frazmcfraggle
MrNutt
billyw
ellie
YZFJohn
Rosco
Dirt Bike Dave
Eddie990
28 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Surf and Turf - Saturday 29th September 2012 - Lakes, Dales & Dragons - Page 7 Empty Surf and Turf - Saturday 29th September 2012 - Lakes, Dales & Dragons

Post  Eddie990 Mon Apr 16 2012, 11:28

First topic message reminder :

Folks,

A heads up for this years S'n'T, as has become the custom it'll be the last weekend in September, we have booked the bunkhouse here;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good food, good beer and it's own waterfall (highest unbroken fall in England)

They also have B&B rooms for those that fancy it and camping for the brave amongst us (could be chilly in Sept!)

B&B is £40 pppn

For the bunkhouse its looking like £13 - £15 pppn or £16 - £20 with breakfast included.

We've booked the bunkhouse for as many people that want to come (I'm sure he said it can accommodate 50!) but if you would like one of the B&B rooms or camping etc. please get in touch with either me or terry lees and we'll deal with the landlord direct. I'm probably your best bet, by the time Terry has finished typing a reply we'll be booking for S'n'T 2013!
pmsl

We may be able to organise some live music, there might be a BBQ, there will be some great roads and the usual apres-ride activities clink Guinness old

Details will follow shortly.....

Chris

Last edited by Eddie990 on Fri Jun 01 2012, 19:50; edited 3 times in total

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Surf and Turf - Saturday 29th September 2012 - Lakes, Dales & Dragons - Page 7 Empty Re: Surf and Turf - Saturday 29th September 2012 - Lakes, Dales & Dragons

Post  Snowcat Wed Sep 26 2012, 17:06

Is it Black Tie Terry? LMAO

Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Number of posts : 2426
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Surf and Turf - Saturday 29th September 2012 - Lakes, Dales & Dragons - Page 7 Empty Re: Surf and Turf - Saturday 29th September 2012 - Lakes, Dales & Dragons

Post  terry lees Wed Sep 26 2012, 17:09

Nah, just come casual.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Sep 27 2012, 09:00

Hope you all have a great weekend and that the past weather won't dampen the ride-out. Fingers crossed for you that'll you'll get there and home avoiding any rain.
Hope you have a great burpday on Saturday Chris clink

Pam and I are heading in the opposite direction to the Isle of Wight to celebrate her milestone burpday. Hopefully the ride down will be dry as we've found her boots are no longer waterproof - there's a new pair waiting for her in a bike shop on the IOW Smile
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Sep 27 2012, 11:55

Yipeeeeeee, wall to wall sunshine forecast for Saturday.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Thu Sep 27 2012, 12:08

we need a IOL weekend bash next year guys come on you saffies get 1 planned
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Sep 27 2012, 12:28

terry lees wrote:Yipeeeeeee, wall to wall sunshine forecast for Saturday.

If this is coupled with sky to floor dryness (esp the floor bit) we're good to go Wink

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Thu Sep 27 2012, 12:30

Todays going quick deal

Done the washing, just got to pack and take the daughter to school tomorrow.

Looking forward to the rideup tomorrow.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Sep 27 2012, 13:28

Second that John, really looking forward to this weekend, not bothered about the sun making an appearance but as long as the roads are dry and it doesn't rain I'll be we'll happy.

Today can't end quick enough for me, dreaded observed visits today and as much as I know I can do my job, something always goes wrong when the boss is on your shoulder!!

1pm tomorrow can't come quick enough for me Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Thu Sep 27 2012, 13:40

Snowcat wrote:Second that John, really looking forward to this weekend, not bothered about the sun making an appearance but as long as the roads are dry and it doesn't rain I'll be we'll happy.

Today can't end quick enough for me, dreaded observed visits today and as much as I know I can do my job, something always goes wrong when the boss is on your shoulder!!

1pm tomorrow can't come quick enough for me Smile

If your not leaving till 1, you fancy company and you are taking a scenic route up I could swing that way via Peak District (haven't been through there yet) and ride up with you. Accourding to google maps the whole trip would be 4-5Hr for me - not an abnormal escursion for me. Let me know.

Should point out I will on the road around 10am and via Peak District it's less than 3Hrs to Oldham so would fit time wise. great

John.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Sep 27 2012, 13:49

Sorry John I'd jump at the idea but I'm finishing work at 1, then home, changed bike packed etc, I wasn't planning on setting off until about 3pm, aiming to arrive about 5.

Apart from a few shitty miles on the M66 I've got a pretty good route up to Hawes. If you want to postpone your set off time and meet up later I'd be happy of the company.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Thu Sep 27 2012, 13:54

OK, I am adding in a bacon butty at Peterborough Webbs (yep I know it's in the oposite direction - for the smart arses on here) and a few local favourites (roads) to slow my journey down - Keep the sun shining in your area.

PM me your Address and mobile and I'll time my route accordingly. Thumb Guinness

Looking at this at the Mo:
Fun Route to Oldham

John.

Last edited by YZFJohn on Thu Sep 27 2012, 14:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Google Map Link)
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Thu Sep 27 2012, 14:16

That route takes you right past my office window, but I finish at 1 so will hopefully be home and getting ready to go by then.

Grindleford to Hathersage is lovely, it's called 'Surprise View' you'll see why! Nick and I had a picnic there and I fell in the river lol.

There's quite a few speed cameras on that route & speed limits so take care. Pity you've missed out the Viagellia but you canna do it all!

ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Thu Sep 27 2012, 14:20

Suggestions Welcome Ellie. :whoop:
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Thu Sep 27 2012, 14:28

Pm'd you John. Just remember though I'm not as quick as you so don't be getting too frustrated if my progress isn't quite up to your (knee down) standards Wink I'm still learning Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Thu Sep 27 2012, 14:50

As PM'd, with my 60L Held bag on the back and in Textiles I will not be getting my knee down - Maybe on the rideout Saturday when I am on my own and no body looking.... old

Chris (Eddie) what bike have you sorted!!!! Your very quiet!!!! blind
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Sep 27 2012, 15:45

He'll be getting his knee down on the Friday night looking to propose getting a backie me thinks.

You can be my beeeaatch any time Chris.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:14

You really are a beeeaach Rosco, whats poor old Eaun going to think, poor lad will be devastated.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:15

Have a grand weekend everyone
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:45

terry lees wrote:You really are a beeeaach Rosco, whats poor old Eaun going to think, poor lad will be devastated.

No - I'm a tart, not a beeeaatch.

There is a slight technical difference.

Ironically my usual beeeaatch Bravepill6 (Euan) is taking my wife to the cinema while I'm away to see 'Brave'.

He's covering it up by taking his wife, his two kids and my lad though using the cover story of his boys birthday treat.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Thu Sep 27 2012, 18:33

YZFJohn wrote:
Chris (Eddie) what bike have you sorted!!!! Your very quiet!!!! blind

Possibly something like this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ???????

Well that's my guess... Davie
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Thu Sep 27 2012, 19:07

Nowt sorted yet lads, pillion begging it is :-(

Was hoping to put off collection of the KTM till after SnT but the buyer wanted to collect Monday.....

Will post up soon about petrol stops, there is only one rural station to be found where we are staying(expensive & sporadic opening). Please fill up enroute on Friday.

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Thu Sep 27 2012, 22:49

Tried & failed with the maps so for fuel info near the venue;

East - Catterick Garrison or Leyburn are nearest.
West - Ingleton
South - Settle or Skipton

Our 1st fuel stop is around 80 miles I think, so make sure you have enough when you arrive!

My number if you don't have it is oh78oh194526won.

Give me a shout if you get stuck. Look forward to seeing you all tmw.

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Fri Sep 28 2012, 00:16

Best wishes everyone for a safe and successful weekend. great

Unfortunately I can't make it as I'm up to me neck (that's knees if you're Ellie) with building works at home and really can't find an excuse good enough that would allow me to head off to the Dales and Lakes without the locks being changed. Mind you I could just use the ruddy great hole in the bedroom wall to get in! Shocked Really don't see what the problem is Don\'t Know

Have a great time. Enjoy the evening festivities and come back and tell us all about it Very Happy

Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Fri Sep 28 2012, 02:37

Well all you lucky surf'n'turfers, hope you have a great weekend. I'm jealous as hell I can't make this one again. I'll be sitting off the coast of Borneo this weekend making some holes in the seabed wishing I was flying around with you guys.
Ride safe everyone. Looking forward to the stories/pics.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Fri Sep 28 2012, 07:32

Just a little matter of a few hours work between me and the weekend, can't wait to see everyone later Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Sep 28 2012, 08:37

Dirt Bike Dave wrote:Well all you lucky surf'n'turfers, hope you have a great weekend. I'm jealous as hell I can't make this one again. I'll be sitting off the coast of Borneo this weekend making some holes in the seabed wishing I was flying around with you guys.
Ride safe everyone. Looking forward to the stories/pics.

You sound like a Borneo again biker.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next