Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taste of Lincolnshire 2020 - SIGN UP - Sept 4th - 6th Grimblethorpe Hall

+6
Little Ninja
FatCat
Radar
Robcat
Rosco
greencat
10 posters

Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2020 - SIGN UP - Sept 4th - 6th Grimblethorpe Hall Empty Taste of Lincolnshire 2020 - SIGN UP - Sept 4th - 6th Grimblethorpe Hall

Post  greencat Sun Feb 02 2020, 22:56

Taste of Lincolnshire 2020 - SIGN UP - Sept 4th - 6th Grimblethorpe Hall Grimbl10

Taste of Lincolnshire
ToL 17
4 - 6 Sept 2020

Here are details of this years Taste of Lincolnshire ride-out.

The intention was to return to one of our previous venues this year, but events outside of our control mean that this was not possible. Nearly paid a deposit, but found out just in time that the venue had gone into receivership! Dodged that bullet, but every cloud has a silver lining and have found and secured a new venue that I think you will like.

Different from anything else we've done before. This year it will be self catering. Rooms are a mixture of doubles, twins and a family room. Sorry, but no singles unless there's a low turn out. I've listed the options below. Beds are on a first come first served basis. If you want to secure a bed/room please update the list below by putting your name(s) against the bed(s) you want and forward a £25 per person non-returnable deposit to me asap. PM me for payment details. The total cost per person will be £130 for 2 nights accommodation including breakfast & dinner, but not alcoholic drinks. An order for those will be sorted nearer the time. Final outstanding payment will be needed by 4th July.

Grimblethorpe Hall

The accommodation is spacious and high quality and includes towels, but not toiletries. It's quiet, very rural and right in the middle of the Lincolnshire Wolds with great roads in all directions. It even includes undercover parking for bikes. The owner has asked for a single point of contact so please raise any questions here and I'll answer as soon as I can. If anyone wants to linger in Lincolnshire longer than 2 nights that should be possible, just let me know.

Accommodation
Bed
Cost
Name
Riders
Pillions
Fully Paid
Lunch Order
Shepherd's Cottage
Double
£260
Rob, Linz & Ewan
Y
Ham salad sandwich on multi-seed + chips, Cheese & pickle on multi-seed, Kids beans on toast
Anvil Cottage
Double
£260
Bignige & Jill
Y
Ploughman's x2 both + chips x1
Anvil Cottage
Twin Bed 1
£130
greencat
Y
Tuna sandwich no coleslaw
Anvil Cottage
Twin Bed 2
£130
Mechy
Y
Cheese sandwich no pickle + chips
Barn Cottage
Double
£260
Ian & Gilly
Y
Charcuterie & cheese + Chicken burger no mayo
Barn Cottage
Twin Bed 1
£130
Paul B (weasley)
Y
Ploughman's both
Barn Cottage
Twin Bed 2
£130
Paul
Y
Ploughman's pork pie
The Coach House
Double
£260
Tony(Radar)
Y
Ploughman's both + chips
The Coach House
Twin Bed 1
£130
Rosco (willing to swap!) (It's not that kind of weekend Ross)
Y
Ploughman's both
The Coach House
Twin Bed 2
£130
Stevecat
Y
Ploughmans pork pie
The Coach House
Family Room Bed 1
£130
?

The Coach House
Family Room Bed 2
£130
?

The Coach House
Family Room Bed 3
£130
?

More accommodation may be available on site, but that is yet to be confirmed. Otherwise there is ample accommodation in Louth or Market Rasen if alternatives are needed.

As usual we will be exploring some of the best roads and finest food Lincolnshire has to offer.
The start and ending point for the ride-out will be the hall, however pick-up points can be arranged once the route has been planned. There will be coffee, lunch and afternoon tea stops as usual. The route will be about 200 miles on the Saturday. The nearest filling stations are at Louth, Market Rasen or Horncastle. We will visit one of these first thing on the Saturday so just make sure you have at least 10-15 miles in the tank when you arrive.

I look forward to seeing you in September.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited by greencat on Wed Sep 02 2020, 22:00; edited 16 times in total

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2020 - SIGN UP - Sept 4th - 6th Grimblethorpe Hall Empty Re: Taste of Lincolnshire 2020 - SIGN UP - Sept 4th - 6th Grimblethorpe Hall

Post  Rosco Mon Feb 03 2020, 14:34

Hi Chris

I’ve sent you £25. Should be with you today.
I’ll share a twin with anyone....prefer blondes though.

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2020 - SIGN UP - Sept 4th - 6th Grimblethorpe Hall Empty Re: Taste of Lincolnshire 2020 - SIGN UP - Sept 4th - 6th Grimblethorpe Hall

Post  greencat Mon Feb 03 2020, 14:38

Thanks Ross,

I'll put you down in The Coach House for now.

Cheers.
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Mon Feb 03 2020, 20:31

We're in. All 2.5 of us.
Ross, it's grey haired blokes all around or bald I'm afraid.
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Fri Feb 07 2020, 00:50

Should be up for this, be it might just be flying solo
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sun Jun 21 2020, 01:13

Seeing as this one is still on, despite the the dreaded virus I am going to try and toddle along on the Ditch Pump
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Mon Jul 20 2020, 18:19

So, how many are going to this party Chris as there seems to be no updates recently?

What time are most folk arriving as we'll start popping up from around 5:30 from little old Worksop.
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Mon Jul 20 2020, 22:11

Robcat wrote:So, how many are going to this party Chris as there seems to be no updates recently?

What time are most folk arriving as we'll start popping up from around 5:30 from little old Worksop.

We're going Rob

Not sure when we'll be leaving yet. Don't know if any others from up this way are heading south. Actually got the Friday off this time though, so shouldn't be as late as last year. Smile
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  FatCat Mon Jul 20 2020, 22:15

Radar wrote:Seeing as this one is still on, despite the the dreaded virus I am going to try and toddle along on the Ditch Pump

I misread that as Dutch Pimp.

Don't know if that sounds better or worse for you Tony? Smile
FatCat
FatCat
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Mon Jul 20 2020, 22:35

Hi Rob,

Details updated. See the sign up list for who is going.
You're keen, there are still 7 weeks to go!

There are two places not yet taken. Either a twin or double room. I've contacted a few people to see if I can fill these, but no takers yet.
If you knows of anyone who might like to join us let me know. If I can fill these then we'll have some good food, so far we're on gruel and baked potatoes  Laughing  I'm kidding, but filling the place will make things better for all.

I expect to be there from 5pm on Friday 4th September. You're welcome to start arriving from then.

As we are in strange times my main goal this year is to have a great weekend and no one affected by the virus. I hope everyone will not object to a temperature check on arrival and follow the general guidance to wash hands frequently and keep at least 1m apart, preferably 2m apart. The venue is large and very comfortable with plenty of out door space so these restrictions shouldn't be too difficult to achieve. I want to see you all, but if anyone has symptoms please think of everyone and stay at home. Let's all stay safe.

I'm still working on the route and stops. More details to follow.
There is no pub or shops nearby so we need to be self sufficient. I'll be getting groceries and drink delivered.
Please have a think about any drink you would like to be included and I'll add it to the order for you and let you know the cost.

That's it for now. Post up if you have any questions.
Can't wait to see everyone.

Cheers, Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

SteveCat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2020 - SIGN UP - Sept 4th - 6th Grimblethorpe Hall Empty ToL Drinks

Post  greencat Sun Aug 09 2020, 10:03

Hi All,

A 'Drinks Order' column has been added to the sign up page.
If you would like to order anything please post up details.
You are if course welcome to bring your own.

Oh, and any late comers? There are still up to 3 spaces available.

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ninja Sun Aug 09 2020, 20:37

Evening all, Chris could you please add Strongbow dark fruits for me and any ales for Rob.

Thank you and looking forward to seeing you all there x
Little Ninja
Little Ninja
3Silver
3Silver

Female Status :

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Aug 10 2020, 09:19

Thanks Chris. I'll sort myself out, ta.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Aug 10 2020, 11:15

IPA, Cider, Gin(&tonic) and red wine are all good for me.
Thanks for organising us Chris.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillybaby Fri Aug 21 2020, 18:43

Rosco wrote:IPA, Cider, Gin(&tonic) and red wine are all good for me.
Thanks for organising us Chris.

Cheers
Rosco

Sorry Chris, didn't realise we hadn't given you our drinks order. Same as above for Ian and I, aside from the Gin & Tonic that is. Ross can have that all to himself Smile
Gillybaby
Gillybaby
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2014-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sat Aug 22 2020, 09:53

If no-one else signs up for G&T then best to leave it out.
Looking forward to it.
Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Sat Aug 22 2020, 17:47

If there is G&T around I’ll help get rid of it.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Sat Aug 22 2020, 20:43

There'll be gin. Don't fret!

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Wed Sep 02 2020, 22:03

Hi Chris and all,

I was hoping i might be able to join you this weekend, although I would have been staying in Louth, not at Grimblethorpe. However, other things have cropped up so it's not going to happen I'm afraid.

Anyway, I thought I'd send my best wishes to everyone - have a great weekend and enjoy thiose brilliant Lincs roads!

Bob H
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Wed Sep 02 2020, 22:09

Hi Bob,

That is a shame. It been a long time since we last met. Would have been good to see you again.
Thanks for the best wishes. We'll try and enjoy ourselves! Smile

All the best,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ninja Thu Sep 03 2020, 17:10

Ride safely tomorrow everyone and we cannot wait to catch up with yous over the weekend

Linz, Rob and Ewan
Little Ninja
Little Ninja
3Silver
3Silver

Female Status :

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down