Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

+13
weasley
thunderstruck
SteveCat
kwakkat
Boika
supernaut
bignige
westie
Dirt Bike Dave
0ldcat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Rosco
robertcains
17 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009 - Page 4 Empty Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

Post  robertcains Sat Feb 07 2009, 15:22

First topic message reminder :

I have been asked by Tel if i would like to organise this years Welshpool weekend as I know the area quite well & it is a great honour so thank you salute
It has traditionally been superbly organised by Diesel who lived in Welshpool but has I believe been bikeless for a couple of years so it has been missing off the calander since 06.

I live fairly local to Welshpool & have been hearing that the nightlife is less than desirable on a weekend lately with a fair bit of trouble so am proposing a switch to a nearby town called Bishops Castle which is located in the Shropshire hills just off the Welsh border. welshflag

Bishops Castle is a small town with a good number of pubs, Two micro breweries for you real ale fans :drunken: & b&b's aplenty & just a few minutes from the stunning Welsh roads.
After some consideration I have decided on a date of Friday 29th May to Sunday 31st May with the rideout into Mid Wales planned for Saturday, This is mainly due to the two bank holidays earlier in the month which could have possibly made logistical & accomodation issues arise.

The weekend & ride is open to all & you will be made very welcome on whatever machinery you ride or whatever you feel your riding abilities are.
We will wait for anyone who wants to ride at a slower pace by running a marshalling system which Tel has used to good effect on previous rides & the day will have plenty of stops for a fag or toilet break & we will get some lunch at either a chippy by the seaside or a bike friendly cafe on route.

As I am new to this forum & also new to organising this ride & dont actually know which routes you have traditionally used I am open to all suggestions of improvements etc so please dont be afraid to speak up :silent:

I'm sure Tel will be along soon to unlock this thread & look forward to hearing your views. I will start a seperate thread for an attendance list so that we can get a good idea of numbers.

Please take a look at the links below for details on BC
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks Nick clink
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009 - Page 4 Empty Re: Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

Post  greencat Tue May 26 2009, 12:51

Suzy, have you been running two of your 'special' electrical appliances at the same time? affraid

Perhaps the Optimate and the GPS together was a bit much?
Not really feasible unless you have a very long lead on the Optimate.

Just a thought. pokefun

Hope all your bad luck is out of the way before the ToL. Very Happy

To all going this weekend to Bishops Castle have a safe ride over and don't scare the natives too much.
The weather forecast looks good - whatever, you'll all have a great time.
The Welsh roads are fantastic. I'm sure Rob and co will have a cracking route planned. great
Sorry, but this is another rideout I can't make - 2009 is proving to be very uneventful.

greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 1558
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009 - Page 4 Empty Re: Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

Post  Guest Tue May 26 2009, 15:01

I'm not entirely convinced that the cooker doesn't have something to do with christopher and water (long story) but he swears blind it wasn't him. :( oh well, just have to hope the weather is warm and dry enough at weekend for me to have a little ride anyway and then just sit back and wait for pete's post informing us he's halfway up snowdonia coz the satnav got confused - me, i prefer good old maps lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue May 26 2009, 18:42

Well ,

My baby is washed, polished, lub'd up and ready to go ... just got to get there now .. .. .. .. Whooo who :cheers:

3 Sleeps to GO :whoop: :whoop:
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue May 26 2009, 19:42

Its all for fred tel lol
taking bike for its service doing the washing & ironing later this week
it was very nearly a no go from me to but we,ve had some very very good news
so its thunder birds are go Oh & anything can happen in the next half hour
err thats stingray but a ho
pete
ps talk night tomorrow guys
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue May 26 2009, 21:57

For those that wish/want too we could hold a pow wow in the chatbox at say 8pm tomorrow (Wednesday 27th) What a Face great Confirm meeting place and departure times etc.
Probably more the Lincs and Notts lot really but all chatters welcome.

Cheers clink
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue May 26 2009, 22:14

Would love to!!

Campions League Final you know!!! Gotta watch Manchester Utd Lose!!! deal

Ellie x girlpower
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue May 26 2009, 22:44

ellie wrote:Would love to!!

Campions League Final you know!!! Gotta watch Manchester Utd Lose!!! deal

Ellie x girlpower
Ooooh Nooooooo KISSBALL instead of a bike chat .. .. .. .. .. hmmm ~ errrr ~ ummm ... n-n-n-numpty point ? ponder What a Face
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Deso Wed May 27 2009, 07:46

I'm sooooooooooo gutted I can't make this.

Hope you all have a cracking time and take loads of pics for me to look at. The weather looks like it's gonna be good over the weekend.

Enjoy!!!
Deso
Deso
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 74
Hobbies : Driving Instructor/ Bikes
Humour : I have a bit
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed May 27 2009, 10:16

Its OK Tel, being female I can multi-task, Footie and Tcats!!!

E xxx girlpower
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Wed May 27 2009, 13:19

I've tried looking at this and other threads but TBH there's so much banter interspersed with the facts that it's hard to see if I missed something. Anyway, is there a final agenda with place names and times? Eg:

Fri evening: at your own leisure
Sat am: meet at xx:xx hrs in the car park of the xxxxxxx. Aim to finish around xx:xx hrs
Sat evening: drinks and food at the xxxxxxx from around xx:xx hrs
Sun am: depart at your leisure

It may be somewhere but if so I've missed it - apologies for being dense if that's the case!

FWIW I am riding up Friday early afternoon, taking a leisurely route x-country from Reading, via Oxford, Chipping Norton, Moreton-in-Marsh, Fish Hill (yeeeeee-haaaaah!), Broadway, Evesham, Pershore, Worcester, Tenbury Wells, Ludlow to Bishop's Castle (note, not a single motorway mile!). Googly Maps reckons just under 4 hours, so should be there by, say, 3 or 4-ish. I've got Tel's number so hopefully we can catch up at some point.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Wed May 27 2009, 13:28

Hi Weasley, There is a discussion planned for tonight in the chat room on here at 8pm where hopefully we can liase to get final plans sorted out.
As the local bod I'll probably propose meeting up on Friday night in the Three Tuns which is at the top of the town for a drink, however I'm not sure about the plans for eating on Friday at the moment as originally I was unable to attend Friday until late on but my plans have since changed great
Saturday morning we will be leaving at 9.30am which gives peeps enough time to get brekkie in thier respective b&b's. I will suggest meeting at Harry Tuffins petrol station halfway up the town so we can all refuel if neccessary before the rideout
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed May 27 2009, 13:53

weasley wrote:FWIW I am riding up Friday early afternoon, taking a leisurely route x-country from Reading, via Oxford, Chipping Norton, Moreton-in-Marsh, Fish Hill (yeeeeee-haaaaah!), Broadway, Evesham, Pershore, Worcester, Tenbury Wells, Ludlow to Bishop's Castle (note, not a single motorway mile!). Googly Maps reckons just under 4 hours, so should be there by, say, 3 or 4-ish. I've got Tel's number so hopefully we can catch up at some point.

Would you mind if I tagged along Paul? I have plotted the same route. My mapper says about 5h30 for me. My first stop is the Oxford services (BP M40 J8a), having been on the A418. I have also tried to avoid the motorway, but will lower my standards if it helps me get out of London stress free!

Is Fish Hill nice? From Oxford it is all new to me.

Might be fun astounding the motorists with the sight of 'the twins' again Smile
robertcains wrote:As the local bod I'll probably propose meeting up on Friday night in the Three Tuns which is at the top of the town for a drink
Fantastic (for me) virtually next door to where I'm staying - Thanks salute

Will try and be online tonight.

-Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Wed May 27 2009, 18:59

will be riding up with tel & maybe some of the lincs lot but at nick said chat tonight at 8
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 27 2009, 21:07

Paul - I am meeting up with Rob (Robcat) and Linz in Hay on Wye (not far off your route) at 1pm for a spot of lunch before heading on to BC if you want to meet up.

If you do, send me a PM and I'll send you my moby number so we cant sort out where to meet.

Tony
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed May 27 2009, 21:58

Friday Evening ~ Meet at the Boars Head 7:30pm for 8pm Table ~ evening meal (own cost) ~ move to Three Tuns for j2o's

Saturday Morning ~ 9:30am Meet at Harry Tuffins Petrol Station (centre of BC). Set off when all Fueled and ready.

Saturday ~ Nicks all day Mystery Tour ~ approx finish time 5 to 5:30pm ~ return to B&Bs to rest and freshen up.

Saturday Evening ~ Meet at Boars Head 7:30 for 8pm Table ~ evening meal (own cost) ~ move to Three Tuns to inspect & sample the micro-brewery produce What a Face

Sunday ~ Own leisure departure ~ Prep and ride home.
weasley wrote:I've got Tel's number so hopefully we can catch up at some point.
No probs m8y Very Happy probably 1 hour in front of you, but that may change no plan survives 1st contact Shocked

Last edited by 0ldcat on Wed May 27 2009, 22:06; edited 1 time in total
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Wed May 27 2009, 22:00

Are we only trying two of the six pubs Tel? Could always do a tour after food on the Saturday & end up at the Tuns maybe clink ??
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 27 2009, 22:10

yeah, but how much distance is there between pubs????? Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed May 27 2009, 22:10

robertcains wrote:Are we only trying two of the six pubs Tel? Could always do a tour after food on the Saturday & end up at the Tuns maybe clink ??
You tell me your the organiser.

Get a Golf brolly and when your ready to move hold it above yer head pointy bit upper most and shout "THUNDERCAT PARTY FOLLOW ME" ~ the next pub is only 3 or 4 minutes away ! Twisted Evil

Don't forget to give us a 25 yard warning tho rofl
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Wed May 27 2009, 22:29

SteveCat wrote:Would you mind if I tagged along Paul? I have plotted the same route.

Not at all - I can meet you somewhere around Oxford - maybe at the Pear Tree intersection (where the A34 meets the A44). I'll have a better idea of times tomorrow, and maybe can detour to catch Tony on the way up.

Is Fish Hill nice? From Oxford it is all new to me.

It's better going the other way, as we'll be going down it, but it's 3 or 4 real sweeping corners strung together - look at a map just before you get to Broadway and you'll see it! I'm fairly familiar from Oxford to Worcester but lost after that.

Last edited by weasley on Wed May 27 2009, 22:33; edited 1 time in total
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Wed May 27 2009, 22:29

How far is 25 yards in todays money?? tongue
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Wed May 27 2009, 22:30

robertcains wrote:How far is 25 yards in todays money?? tongue

In a Reading taxi that's about a fiver!
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Wed May 27 2009, 22:32

topcatbones wrote:Paul - I am meeting up with Rob (Robcat) and Linz in Hay on Wye (not far off your route) at 1pm for a spot of lunch before heading on to BC if you want to meet up.

If you do, send me a PM and I'll send you my moby number so we cant sort out where to meet.

Cheers - s'getting late now so I'll look into it tomorrow and let you know.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed May 27 2009, 22:36

weasley wrote:
robertcains wrote:How far is 25 yards in todays money?? tongue

In a Reading taxi that's about a fiver!
Depends if it's up hill too ponder What a Face
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu May 28 2009, 13:12

Bishops Castle ~ The Plan

Friday Evening ~ Meet at the Boars Head 7:30pm for 8pm Table ~ evening meal (own cost) ~ move to Three Tuns for j2o's

Saturday Morning ~ 9:30am Meet at Harry Tuffins Petrol Station (centre of BC). Set off when all Fueled and ready.

Saturday ~ Nicks all day Mystery Tour ~ approx finish time 5 to 5:30pm ~ return to B&Bs to rest and freshen up.

Saturday Evening ~ Meet at Boars Head 7:30 for 8pm Table ~ evening meal (own cost) ~ move to Three Tuns to inspect & sample the micro-brewery produce. This may turn into a "Nicks' Guide" to the 6 pubs of BC What a Face great

Sunday ~ Own leisure departure ~ Prep and ride home.

The Ride Out Route Click Me

ONE MORE SLEEP :whoop:
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 28 2009, 17:36

Have good time you lot and please, please STAY SAFE!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Thu May 28 2009, 18:45

Yeah I second that - have the best time ever guys - looks like the weather is with you - Ride Safe great

Fi xxxxxx
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next