Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

+13
weasley
thunderstruck
SteveCat
kwakkat
Boika
supernaut
bignige
westie
Dirt Bike Dave
0ldcat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Rosco
robertcains
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009 - Page 2 Empty Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

Post  robertcains Sat Feb 07 2009, 15:22

First topic message reminder :

I have been asked by Tel if i would like to organise this years Welshpool weekend as I know the area quite well & it is a great honour so thank you salute
It has traditionally been superbly organised by Diesel who lived in Welshpool but has I believe been bikeless for a couple of years so it has been missing off the calander since 06.

I live fairly local to Welshpool & have been hearing that the nightlife is less than desirable on a weekend lately with a fair bit of trouble so am proposing a switch to a nearby town called Bishops Castle which is located in the Shropshire hills just off the Welsh border. welshflag

Bishops Castle is a small town with a good number of pubs, Two micro breweries for you real ale fans :drunken: & b&b's aplenty & just a few minutes from the stunning Welsh roads.
After some consideration I have decided on a date of Friday 29th May to Sunday 31st May with the rideout into Mid Wales planned for Saturday, This is mainly due to the two bank holidays earlier in the month which could have possibly made logistical & accomodation issues arise.

The weekend & ride is open to all & you will be made very welcome on whatever machinery you ride or whatever you feel your riding abilities are.
We will wait for anyone who wants to ride at a slower pace by running a marshalling system which Tel has used to good effect on previous rides & the day will have plenty of stops for a fag or toilet break & we will get some lunch at either a chippy by the seaside or a bike friendly cafe on route.

As I am new to this forum & also new to organising this ride & dont actually know which routes you have traditionally used I am open to all suggestions of improvements etc so please dont be afraid to speak up :silent:

I'm sure Tel will be along soon to unlock this thread & look forward to hearing your views. I will start a seperate thread for an attendance list so that we can get a good idea of numbers.

Please take a look at the links below for details on BC
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks Nick clink
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

Post  robertcains Sun Mar 29 2009, 22:21

I'll sit down & work out a route soon, I dont think we will get in all of my favourite roads in Wales as it will take too long. 9.30am start sounds good.

I reckon we will have to go through Clun though as this morning I had to negotiate a woman walking her chicken, She looked really worried that I might run it over! Only in the sticks 'eh? lol!

robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

Post  kwakkat Sun Mar 29 2009, 23:26

9.30 am sounds fine to me so i can have my breakfast at the b&b
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Tue Apr 07 2009, 21:41

Bugger!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Apr 08 2009, 14:46

There was no parking to be had anywhere when I was there - and that was mid week Crying or Very sad Made my own parking space by the castle (which had fallen down by the time I got up there), as well as the other end at the cable way.
I'd bypass the place, but take in the twisties leading to it.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 09 2009, 22:20

I have very unhappy memories of that place from my time doing my R&I training in the RAF - wouldn't bother me if i never saw the place again - unfortunately i take it my wishes may be short lived!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Fri Apr 10 2009, 00:25

Dont worry Suzie, Aber is not on the current agenda great
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 11 2009, 22:12

I've just been checking out the dates for the Thruxton round of BSB, as it's the closest to me, and guess what. Yep, you've guessed it. It's the same weekend as Bishops Castle.

So, here's a proposition.

Anyone fancy getting up early on the sunday morning (after a night on the beer), riding down to Thruxton for the day to watch some racing???

I wonder how many takers there will be.

Tony
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Apr 13 2009, 20:31

oh i say depends on how bad i er we feel
i leave it to decide on the day lol
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 13 2009, 20:39

To be honest Pete, I'm not expecting that many takers. I'm not exactly sure how I'll be feeling.

Pity though cos Thruxton is normally a good meet.

Tony
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon Apr 13 2009, 21:29

If you lot get on BC's real ale I doubt any of you will feel like riding lol
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 14 2009, 10:28

won't be me i'm afraid - i'll have a long enough ride back and work next day Neutral
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue Apr 14 2009, 19:29

long ride back up across down
just remember as soon as you can under stand them suzie ask for direction home
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstruck Tue Apr 14 2009, 20:59

well i hope to be up for this one, never been on a ride out with more than 5 others, other than bike rallies in the early 80's, which i cannt remember them properly for some reason clink
thunderstruck
thunderstruck
5Bronze
5Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 42
Hobbies : cctv/intruder alarms, you know big brother stuff
Humour : wots that?
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Tue May 05 2009, 13:43

Can I ask what time peeps are going to be arriving please?
I'm due to meet the group coming down from Lincs somewhere near Telford roughly Friday lunchtime where I will guide them into BC with a possible stop at mine on route for a cuppa if anyone fancies it.
Obviously we wont want too much ale on Friday night (will we? Suspect ) So I was just wondering what anyone has planned? I'm quite up for a local pootle in the evening if the weather is fine but am aware that some will have ridden a long way already & may prefer just to chill out.

Ideas welcome salute

Nick
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue May 05 2009, 16:10

robertcains wrote:Can I ask what time peeps are going to be arriving please? ........................

Obviously we wont want too much ale on Friday night (will we? Suspect ) So I was just wondering what anyone has planned?

I'm quite up for a local pootle in the evening if the weather is fine but am aware that some will have ridden a long way already & may prefer just to chill out.

Ideas welcome salute

Nick
I plan on getting there early to mid afternoon, but I can alter that easy enough. May even make plans to hook up with the Lincs mob - depending on their route and timings.

Not averse to a mini bimble of an hour or two (50 ish miles or so Question ) say late afternoon early evening. great

I thought we were all going to be meeting at a local watering hole for some grub and a few socials as a meet & greet ~ catch up on Fri Eve. So I'd prefer not being too late at the local,~ allowing decent time to order a meal and eat it in comfort.

I shan't be kicking the ar** out of the ale on Fri ( Rolling Eyes ) as the Sat ride is going to be quite a day of it, and don't want to start with a thick head pale .
And anyway the ale contest is resereved for the social on Saturday evening Twisted Evil deal

Really looking forward to this now. See you all soon :whoop:

Tel

PS:
Where are we gathering for the Fri & Sat socials ?
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Tue May 05 2009, 19:39

[quote="0ldcat"]
robertcains wrote: May even make plans to hook up with the Lincs mob - depending on their route and timings.

I thought we were all going to be meeting at a local watering hole for some grub and a few socials as a meet & greet ~ catch up on Fri Eve. So I'd prefer not being too late at the local,~ allowing decent time to order a meal and eat it in comfort.

The lady where I got booken in recomended booking for evening meals a bit in advance, so I'm with you on that Tel. great but Mob realy !
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 112
Hobbies : Pies, Beer n Bikes
Humour : The Beatings will continue until Morale improves !
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 05 2009, 20:05

cards wrote: as soon as you can under stand them suzie ask for direction home
pete

Hey i'm your regular little homing pigeon Pete and in my job i've learned some very good non verbal communication skills shit happens (and if that fails - i learned russian at school - i'll just confuse them!) Twisted Evil

Oh ... as for the ride on friday - no thanks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue May 05 2009, 20:12

i was wondering if rob knows of a nice pub with good grub where we could all meet up on Friday night some where in BC
we could all meet there tel the last i know was that the Linc's mob was going to meet
up with me some where near here if you want to join more,s the fun
will find out more next week & maybe have a chat online that week before we go on Friday
say a Wednesday night the 27/5 /09 we then could make final preps as to what time & where to meet up & then the same to meet rob i think he said at the services on the m54 near tel ford will have to find out which or between which junctions
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue May 05 2009, 20:36

bignige wrote:The lady where I got booken in recomended booking for evening meals a bit in advance, so I'm with you on that Tel. great but Mob realy !

I was thinking more on the lines of either an Indian or Chineese or some pub grub (for example) rather than an evening meal at my B&B.

Anyone else up for an evening meal out some place in BC ?
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue May 05 2009, 20:44

a quiet drink candle light dinner dimmed lights soft music & fred sitting in between us
oh go on then tel clink
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Tue May 05 2009, 20:46

Sorry slap'ed Didn't make that very clear did I, she meant get booked in somewhere like a pub or restraunt not at the B&B (cus they don't do it anyway).
& yes I'll join you for a Pie & a beer or two or a beer & a pie or two 🐷 or a chinese in fact (anything but Indian)

Very Happy
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 112
Hobbies : Pies, Beer n Bikes
Humour : The Beatings will continue until Morale improves !
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue May 05 2009, 20:49

bignige wrote:Sorry slap'ed Didn't make that very clear did I, she meant get booked in somewhere like a pub or restraunt not at the B&B (cus they don't do it anyway).
& yes I'll join you for a Pie & a beer or two or a beer & a pie or two 🐷 or a chinese in fact (anything but Indian)

Very Happy

Booking the meals seems like a job for Nick then eh ? Chose the meeting pub and tell the Landlord innnnnnn-coming
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue May 05 2009, 20:53

if its ok with him & we can let him know how many there are dining
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue May 05 2009, 21:02

could use the sign up board, just put dining by yer name and how many and on what days ie :-

0ldcat ~ Dining x1 Fri & Sat
Cards ~ dining x2 Fri & Sat
Etc Etc
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 05 2009, 21:50

I aim to arrive about mid afternoon, spend an hour or so chilling out, catching up with Rob and Linz, before hitting the pub hard, well for food actually and a couple of J2O's, cos after all, I don't drink. Wink

Is anyone organising the good weather because the sun queen (a.k.a. Bea) won't be there. Crying or Very sad

Tony
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Tue May 05 2009, 23:29

The weather has been ordered well in advance! the only trouble is we seem to have used up more that our fair share of biking weather here lately & I just hope it doesn't run out as Wales can be a bitch sometimes in the fog grumpy

I may have a slight problem with regards to friday eve drinkies as i live some 10 miles away from BC & persuading the missus to do 2x taxi runs on both Fri & Sat would take some earning lol.

Saturday night will be a corker for sure & I may be required to hit the diet coke on Friday & drive/ride myself Crying or Very sad

If I was going to be asked for a recommendation for grub then the Three Tuns is the nicest of the pubs if a little pricey great

I think the chinese is a takeaway only? Tell you what i might try & get up to BC for a recce & take some pics of the town for you guys clink
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next