Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

+13
weasley
thunderstruck
SteveCat
kwakkat
Boika
supernaut
bignige
westie
Dirt Bike Dave
0ldcat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Rosco
robertcains
17 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009 - Page 5 Empty Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

Post  robertcains Sat Feb 07 2009, 15:22

First topic message reminder :

I have been asked by Tel if i would like to organise this years Welshpool weekend as I know the area quite well & it is a great honour so thank you salute
It has traditionally been superbly organised by Diesel who lived in Welshpool but has I believe been bikeless for a couple of years so it has been missing off the calander since 06.

I live fairly local to Welshpool & have been hearing that the nightlife is less than desirable on a weekend lately with a fair bit of trouble so am proposing a switch to a nearby town called Bishops Castle which is located in the Shropshire hills just off the Welsh border. welshflag

Bishops Castle is a small town with a good number of pubs, Two micro breweries for you real ale fans :drunken: & b&b's aplenty & just a few minutes from the stunning Welsh roads.
After some consideration I have decided on a date of Friday 29th May to Sunday 31st May with the rideout into Mid Wales planned for Saturday, This is mainly due to the two bank holidays earlier in the month which could have possibly made logistical & accomodation issues arise.

The weekend & ride is open to all & you will be made very welcome on whatever machinery you ride or whatever you feel your riding abilities are.
We will wait for anyone who wants to ride at a slower pace by running a marshalling system which Tel has used to good effect on previous rides & the day will have plenty of stops for a fag or toilet break & we will get some lunch at either a chippy by the seaside or a bike friendly cafe on route.

As I am new to this forum & also new to organising this ride & dont actually know which routes you have traditionally used I am open to all suggestions of improvements etc so please dont be afraid to speak up :silent:

I'm sure Tel will be along soon to unlock this thread & look forward to hearing your views. I will start a seperate thread for an attendance list so that we can get a good idea of numbers.

Please take a look at the links below for details on BC
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks Nick clink
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009 - Page 5 Empty Re: Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Thu May 28 2009, 18:45

Yeah I second that - have the best time ever guys - looks like the weather is with you - Ride Safe great

Fi xxxxxx

Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009 - Page 5 Empty Re: Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

Post  kwakkat Thu May 28 2009, 20:11

Well 5.50pm got the bike back from its 2 day 2 hours service that's how long it took
after they had blown the front brake seals & had to strip both the front calipers down
bike runs like a dream & stops better too cost £24.73 now thats why i took out the service plan major service at that too
well just finished putting the panners on checking we got everthing (never) & sweating like a pig roll on tomorrow morning
pete great
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 28 2009, 21:46

All packed and ready to roll.

Just had a hard game of squash to chill me out. I'm gonna struggle to throw my leg over the bike tomorrow cos I'll be aching. It was a tough game.

Ride safe everyone and see you tomorrow night.

Tony
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Thu May 28 2009, 22:24

OK, I think I'm packed. Just gotta throw the panniers over the bike tomorrow and hit the road (metaphorically). I'm taking a risk and leaving all wet/cold weather gear at home - this forecast had better be accurate!

Take it easy everyone and see you in the Boar's Head tomorrow night! clink
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri May 29 2009, 11:21

'spose I'd better make a start getting packed ..planning on setting off around 2pm..
Also leaving wet gear at home

Safe riding, see you at the Boar's Head tonight.

-Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5