Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

+13
weasley
thunderstruck
SteveCat
kwakkat
Boika
supernaut
bignige
westie
Dirt Bike Dave
0ldcat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Rosco
robertcains
17 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009 - Page 3 Empty Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

Post  robertcains Sat Feb 07 2009, 15:22

First topic message reminder :

I have been asked by Tel if i would like to organise this years Welshpool weekend as I know the area quite well & it is a great honour so thank you salute
It has traditionally been superbly organised by Diesel who lived in Welshpool but has I believe been bikeless for a couple of years so it has been missing off the calander since 06.

I live fairly local to Welshpool & have been hearing that the nightlife is less than desirable on a weekend lately with a fair bit of trouble so am proposing a switch to a nearby town called Bishops Castle which is located in the Shropshire hills just off the Welsh border. welshflag

Bishops Castle is a small town with a good number of pubs, Two micro breweries for you real ale fans :drunken: & b&b's aplenty & just a few minutes from the stunning Welsh roads.
After some consideration I have decided on a date of Friday 29th May to Sunday 31st May with the rideout into Mid Wales planned for Saturday, This is mainly due to the two bank holidays earlier in the month which could have possibly made logistical & accomodation issues arise.

The weekend & ride is open to all & you will be made very welcome on whatever machinery you ride or whatever you feel your riding abilities are.
We will wait for anyone who wants to ride at a slower pace by running a marshalling system which Tel has used to good effect on previous rides & the day will have plenty of stops for a fag or toilet break & we will get some lunch at either a chippy by the seaside or a bike friendly cafe on route.

As I am new to this forum & also new to organising this ride & dont actually know which routes you have traditionally used I am open to all suggestions of improvements etc so please dont be afraid to speak up :silent:

I'm sure Tel will be along soon to unlock this thread & look forward to hearing your views. I will start a seperate thread for an attendance list so that we can get a good idea of numbers.

Please take a look at the links below for details on BC
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks Nick clink
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009 - Page 3 Empty Re: Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

Post  robertcains Tue May 05 2009, 23:29

The weather has been ordered well in advance! the only trouble is we seem to have used up more that our fair share of biking weather here lately & I just hope it doesn't run out as Wales can be a bitch sometimes in the fog grumpy

I may have a slight problem with regards to friday eve drinkies as i live some 10 miles away from BC & persuading the missus to do 2x taxi runs on both Fri & Sat would take some earning lol.

Saturday night will be a corker for sure & I may be required to hit the diet coke on Friday & drive/ride myself Crying or Very sad

If I was going to be asked for a recommendation for grub then the Three Tuns is the nicest of the pubs if a little pricey great

I think the chinese is a takeaway only? Tell you what i might try & get up to BC for a recce & take some pics of the town for you guys clink

robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Back to top Go down

Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009 - Page 3 Empty Re: Welshpool is back, well sort of................... May 29th 2009

Post  Guest Wed May 06 2009, 22:31

Hi

Not sure if I have done the right thing here to carry on the 'chat'. I seem to be confused with all this fantastic technology.

Anyway, i am interested in joining you guys for a ride, as i have not as yet riden with anyone yet.

I can probably only do saturday- sunday, so what does anyone reckon is best to do?

I am comin from mighty coventry.

Cheers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed May 06 2009, 23:08

You're right here for the chat & discussion.

Friday is for the meet up for those traveling from afar and are overnighting.
Saturday is the main event during the day, starting in Bishops Castle at about 9:30am.

So if you just want to do the ride out you need to work out what time to leave home to arrive for the start of the run from there (BC).
The ride out is between 175 and 195 ish miles, so if you are riding ~ home Arrow BC Arrow rideout Arrow home ~ it could be a long day.
Those of us from afar are stopping over again on the Saturday and meeting up in a local watering hole (again) for the tall tales of the days riding a few clink more tall stories a few clink a meal a few clink . . . . . I'm sure you get the picture.

Sunday is just recovery (from the social) and riding home in all our different directions. There's no plans for a ride out (that nick has made anyone aware of) for the sunday.
Anyways it's a MotoGP and BSB day that Sunday.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Thu May 07 2009, 00:42

I can easily organise a beautiful route for Sunday Tel but thought that most peeps would not be too interested after a hard night on the ale? I'm already planning BC mk2!
So many roads & so little time ponder
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu May 07 2009, 12:16

0ldcat wrote:Sunday is just recovery (from the social) and riding home in all our different directions. There's no plans for a ride out (that nick has made anyone aware of) for the sunday.

robertcains wrote:I can easily organise a beautiful route for Sunday Tel but thought that most peeps would not be too interested after a hard night on the ale? I'm already planning BC mk2!
So many roads & so little time ponder

No no m8, it wasn't a hint or suggestion for a Sunday ride.

It's a good call about the morning after the night before. I doubt you'd get many (if any) takers anyhow.

BC II eh ? . . . . . . . . . . . Now there's keen Exclamation What a Face
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Thu May 07 2009, 12:42

BC II eh ? . . . . . . . . . . . Now there's keen Exclamation What a Face

Yeah - probably best to wait to see how many highsides, looped wheelies, car-park-drops or hen do's we encounter before commiting to another one! Laughing

Names witheld to protect the guilty innocent.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 07 2009, 18:54

Greg wrote:Hi

Anyway, i am interested in joining you guys for a ride, as i have not as yet riden with anyone yet.

yeah come along you know you want to. Sure you'll find a b&b if you're wanting to stop over we all seem to be dotted here and there for the ride - can't remember which post i'm in now but the one entitled 'where's everyone staying' (strangely enough!) has the names of a few b&bs in i think or just google it and we'll meet up in the evening as Tel says for a drink or 3!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08 2009, 10:46

I will look into this, thanks for your help.
I have just realised its my step-dads bday tho that wknd, so may have to be elsewhere, although a date is not set as of yet.

I am loving the interests of the people on here. Bikes and drinks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri May 08 2009, 11:15

Greg wrote:I am loving the interests of the people on here. Bikes and drinks.

Not at the same time though ponder
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08 2009, 14:25

Us.....drink???? I think you're getting completely the wrong idea about us ......................... Rolling Eyes ponder ......... or maybe not! clink great
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Sun May 17 2009, 15:54

A few more pics I took this morning

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Six bells pub & brewery

The Three Tuns pub & brewery

BC's high street
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sun May 17 2009, 16:04

You've been a very busy boy, its a hard job but someones got to do it??!! Very Happy

Looks excellent, really can't wait now!!!

Got everything crossed thats possible to cross that my bikes ready!!!! Crying or Very sad
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 17 2009, 20:25

Looks a bit quiet. Will they be ready for us?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Sun May 17 2009, 20:29

topcatbones wrote:Looks a bit quiet. Will they be ready for us?

It was 8am this morning lol clink
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sun May 17 2009, 22:02

cool nick & its twined with Normandy so they be used to being invaded well it is near to the 6th of june
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 20 2009, 14:30

cards wrote:cool nick & its twined with Normandy so they be used to being invaded well it is near to the 6th of june
pete
well they'll certainly know it when they've been blinded by your headlight!! as for being quiet - well it won't be long - tho as RC is local best not be too noisy in case they take it out on him when we've gone!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Wed May 20 2009, 22:22

you leave my headlights out of this you bad girl
or its no lyt for you my girl deal lol
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 20 2009, 22:24

Sorry pete ........ wish i had a nice bright shiny headlight like what you've got - i'm only jealous .... honest haloangel
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Thu May 21 2009, 21:15

well friday tomorrow so thats 7 days to go best get the panners down along with the tank bag
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu May 21 2009, 21:35

cards wrote:well friday tomorrow so thats 7 days to go best get the panners down along with the tank bag

pete
We're all going for a weekend m8 .. .. .. .. How long you plannin on stoppin' rofl
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 25 2009, 20:09

Unfortunately i've had to cancel coming this weekend - gutted :down: Crying or Very sad the cooker finally decided to blow up this last week and also the freezer also went on the blink plus ..... the washing machine believe it or not and flooded the kitchen floor - just don't have the money now to come Crying or Very sad hope you all have a great time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Mon May 25 2009, 20:21

Well they say it comes in threes

1. Cooker
2. Freezer
3. Washing Machine

Bugger eh ! non covered by the dread in-sewer-ants ???

Shame you can't make it but if you have to lay out for three new main appliances everyone will understand.

Personally on such a piss poor week I'd be tempted to say F*** it and bend the plastic for a few extra bob and have a blast of a weekend and finish on a high rather than a low .. .. .. .. .. .. .. but then my glass is half full Very Happy

See you at ToL if not before great

Cheers
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 25 2009, 20:25

I was very tempted to do just that Tel but i really can't afford to just had a dentists bill too on top :(
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Mon May 25 2009, 21:19

Thats such a great shame Suzy, I'd be tempted to find out if you have suffered a power surge from your electricity supplier? If so they will be held responsible.
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 26 2009, 09:37

unfortunately the washer is about 15 years old and the other 2 were bought both at the same time bout 9 years ago - i think its old age just crept up but it's worth a check just in case as the hedge trimmers have gone too!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Tue May 26 2009, 12:51

Suzy, have you been running two of your 'special' electrical appliances at the same time? affraid

Perhaps the Optimate and the GPS together was a bit much?
Not really feasible unless you have a very long lead on the Optimate.

Just a thought. pokefun

Hope all your bad luck is out of the way before the ToL. Very Happy

To all going this weekend to Bishops Castle have a safe ride over and don't scare the natives too much.
The weather forecast looks good - whatever, you'll all have a great time.
The Welsh roads are fantastic. I'm sure Rob and co will have a cracking route planned. great
Sorry, but this is another rideout I can't make - 2009 is proving to be very uneventful.
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next