Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kev Whitworth (Jacurutu) in a serious accident

+31
Lonterra
topcatbones
robertcains
tcatcarson
mechy69
zedhead
stretchie_
Bravepill6
Kev's_Jenny
Catapulted
SimonAKASimon
Robcat
terry lees
weasley
Eddie990
marantz100
supernaut
druidsam
funderKat
Krusty
MevsyD
Rosco
furball
greencat
ellie
0ldcat
Dirt Bike Dave
kwakkat
yamahamad
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Thecatlass
35 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Kev Whitworth (Jacurutu) in a serious accident - Page 5 Empty Kev Whitworth (Jacurutu) in a serious accident

Post  Thecatlass Sun Aug 22 2010, 17:50

First topic message reminder :

Hello all

I have received a message from Kev's wife (Jenny) today that Kev was involved in an accident whilst clambering across rocks in a scottish Loch. This happened earlier in the month and Kev has suffered a blood clot between his skull and brain (which has been successfully removed) and swelling to the brain. He is currently in a waking coma and is starting to respond to his surroundings but it will be a long time before his recovery can be fully assessed. Jenny will be sending regular updates which i'll post up. Infact, I'll post the email on this thread.

I know many have enjoyed some fantastic rideouts and chewed over the days events in the pub after with Kev and would like to wish him all the best.

I will contact Jenny and let her know that all our thoughts are with her and the family and i'd like to wish Kev all the very best in his recovery.

Gail xx
Thecatlass
Thecatlass
5Bronze
5Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 42
Hobbies : Bikes of course! oh and training manager as a job
Humour : Wicked ;)
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Kev Whitworth (Jacurutu) in a serious accident - Page 5 Empty Re: Kev Whitworth (Jacurutu) in a serious accident

Post  Rosco Fri Apr 29 2011, 09:45

We'll see if he wants to sit on a bike tomorrow.
There might be a BMW or two kicking around but we'll stick him on a thundercat whether he wants to or not!

Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 6659
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Kev Whitworth (Jacurutu) in a serious accident - Page 5 Empty Re: Kev Whitworth (Jacurutu) in a serious accident

Post  Rosco Fri Apr 29 2011, 14:00

Just popped in to see Kev

He is doing well and looking forward to us visiting. His mum (Sue) was there too.
He doesn't think he'll manage to sit on the bike though.....maybe by Big Mac time though!

Cheers
Rosco

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Apr 29 2011, 14:24

I'm sure being decended upon by the "Hairy Biker Bunch" will be enough for Kev to deal with Smile without havin to throw a leg over a bike Shocked . . . small steps and always forwards great

Please pass on my and Beas' best wishes when you all visit. We both wish him a full and timely recovery Very Happy .

Tel 'n' Bea
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sat May 07 2011, 19:26

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Nov 27 2011, 19:16

Great News.

Kev is leaving the Brain Injury unit on Tuesday 6th December and heading back home with Jenny to Stornoway.

Hoping to organise a wee send off so hopefully some of you might be available.

Looking at an early evening meal (possibly an Indian takeaway brought back to mine on Saturday 3rd December.

Will make space for those who want to stay and Skype or FaceTime for those who can't make it but want to say hello.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Sun Nov 27 2011, 19:52

That is great news , i hope he will continue to recover as well as he has been , cant make it but send all my best wishes to him

Pete
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sun Nov 27 2011, 20:06

Ross I'd love to come thru for that but it's my daughters 17th on the 3rd. I'll catch you on FaceTime for sure tho.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  topcatbones Sun Nov 27 2011, 21:23

Having unfortunately been off the site for sometime with pc issues I have just caught up Kev's rehab.

I did hear about the accident before I had my PC issues but having just read through this thread it is fantastic to hear about his recovery and the way that people on here have been keeping in touch with him.

I have met Kev several times and he is such a nice chap, very quiet and unassuming but a bit of a demon with the camera. He always used to turn up and take pictures when you weren't looking.

It's great that he is now able to go home and I hope his recovery continues apace.

Good luck Kev.

Tony
topcatbones
topcatbones

Male Status :

Number of posts : 25
Humour : Just About
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 22:37

That's great news say hi from me Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Mon Nov 28 2011, 12:21

Fantastic news! Really pleased to hear that Kev has recovered well enough to go home, especially for Christmas.

Give him my regards Rosco, I'll not be able to come up unfortunately.

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Mon Nov 28 2011, 13:52

Great news Kev, and all the best on the return trip to sunny Stornoway.

Davie
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Mon Nov 28 2011, 16:45

Hi Ross,
Thanks for letting us know. I'm pleased to hear Kev is able to head home and I wish him all the best. Was having thoughts of visiting him near Christmas, but it looks like events have over-taken my plans. Thanks for the invite though. You've been pretty good at keeping us up to date with news and putting us up for visits. Thanks to you and the family. If you see Kev say hi from me. We'll just have to stay in touch via the inter-web. Can you find out if Kev's up for that?
Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Nov 28 2011, 19:12

great news wish him all the best from fred & me
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonterra Wed Nov 30 2011, 20:52

Great news to hear! Glad that Kev is making a good recovery and can at last return home.

Sorry I can't make it up there, but please pass on my good wishes!

Matt
Lonterra
Lonterra
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 71
Hobbies : Project Management / Blood Biker
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-12-11

http://www.tbiker.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Nov 30 2011, 22:54

Slight change of plan.
Kev is coming here on Friday night now instead of Saturday and DirtBikeDave is coming over too.
We'll try and make a point of getting on Chat, Facetime or Skype for anyone who wants to say hello.
Gail - Is your show on BikerFM on Friday - We'll sign in, post up and listen in if you are.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Thu Dec 01 2011, 13:54

Great news Ross say hello from me..

Davie
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Dec 02 2011, 23:45

Had a lovely Indian meal with Kev, Jenny , Dirt Bike Dave, me, Tracey & Callum.
We followed it up with Callum beating everyone at MarioKart Wii.
Managed to get on Skype with TheCatLass (Gail) and Greencat (Chris) and Stevecat & Pam.
Was great to catch up with you all and Kev asked me to pass on his thanks for getting in touch.
Euan (BravePill) is coming over tomorrow night (saturday) and Kev and Jenny are going to come over for dinner too.
My waistline is suffering?!??

Cheers
Rosco

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sat Dec 03 2011, 10:14

Yes a good night was had by all. Kev was made up at getting the chance too video conf with Gail, Chris,Steve and Pam. He has certainly got his appetite back and is looking great.
Thanks to Ross, Tracey and Callum for their usual great hospitality.
We even discovered that You tube is free and solar panels do not work at night!! Every day is a school day as they say!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Sat Dec 03 2011, 16:45

Fantastic news indeed great
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Jan 15 2012, 02:27

GREAT NEWS

Kev and Jenny had a pleasant Christmas and New Year back home (to a new home) in Stornoway.

Through the week there Kev has been for a successful operation on his lower leg to allow his foot to straighten properly.

He is now back at Murdostoun for another 8 weeks including some pretty intensive physio.

All going well he will be able to walk out of there.

It would be great if some members from on here were able to pay Kev a visit before he heads back home in early March.

I'll gladly offer a place to kip for those that need / want it where possible.

Dirt Bike Dave , BravePill (Euan) and myself are local enough and will be popping in.

I've promised Kev a shot of my 6 yr old's RC helicopter. They are great fun. I'll try and video it when I visit soon.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Sun Jan 15 2012, 11:33

well done Ross.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Kev Whitworth (Jacurutu) in a serious accident - Page 5 Empty Hello from college!

Post  jacurutu Mon Dec 15 2014, 15:03

Just a quick note to say hello to everyone, and thanks for all your wishes and support.

I'm not on my bike at the moment - I'm still trying to get my car licence back, and haven't even thought about the bike, which is gathering dust in the garage somewhere.

Our plan at the moment is for me to finish my course (NQ Multimedia & computing) at Lews Castle College (in Stornoway) in June next year, and then return to York, possibly starting another course in Sep/Oct 2015.

Right, that's it for now. Better get back to some studying!

Thank you all,

Kev
jacurutu
jacurutu
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 29
Hobbies : Octopush
Humour : Hmm...
Registration date : 2009-01-06

http://www.jacurutu.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Mon Dec 15 2014, 15:57

Hey, welcome back Kev! Y'know you are mostly the reason why I bought a Nikon D200. You brought it to The Crusader ride out and I had a go on it.

Good to see you back.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Mon Dec 15 2014, 19:19

Hello pal. We've never had the pleasure of meeting, but I'm glad your ok. Good luck with your studies and getting car license back
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Dec 15 2014, 22:53

Hi Kev

Great to hear from you.
Good luck with the IT course and the future plans.

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Mon Dec 15 2014, 22:56

Great to see you back posting again and hope the recovery continues
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next