Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009

+6
redrob600
tcat_unlucky_alf
furball
Wild-Kat-Wolf
jacurutu
Rosco
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009 - Page 3 Empty BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009

Post  Rosco Sun Jan 25 2009, 02:54

First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Exact Details / Routes still to be finalised but date is set.

Weather will be in attendance. sunny confused

Probably basing in or around Arrow Portree (or somewhere between there and Uig (an easy get to for those South of the Border Shocked )

I can put up with some people coming from South of the Border (Thursday Night) should they require it enroute to Skye. Plenty of space (tent out the back if really busy!)

Meet and greet on the Friday Night for those that can and want to in a pub somewhere on the Isle Of Skye.

SAT Rideout setting off early on the Saturday Morning.....we need to catch the 09:40 ferry to Tarbert (Isle of Harris/Isle of Lewis)
Spend the day there and get the ferry back at 20:00
Back to the digs and scrub up for some nice grub, a blether :o , some banter 👅 and beers clink .

SUN Rideout setting off earlyish on the Sunday Morning and possibly taking in some of the beautiful West Coast (back on the mainland) North of Skye
Back to the digs and scrub up for some nice grub, a blether :o , some banter 👅 and beers clink .

Head for home on the Monday. I can offer accomodation to those who require it on the way back down South on the Monday evening.

We'll look into suitable accommodation and post up some more details soon.

NOTE - Everyone MUST book the Arrow Ferry well in advance or you'll need to entertain yourself while the rest of us are on the ferry / Harris / Lewis
NOTE - There is NO ferry service on the Sunday - so be warned and be prepared should anyone have problems while we are on Harris/Lewis on the Saturday.

Get yer time off booked!

Then let us pray that come it may
(As come it will for a' that),
That Sense and Worth o'er a' the earth,
Shall bear the gree an a' that.
For a' that, an a' that,
It's coming yet for a' that,
That man to man, the world, o'er
Shall brithers be for a' that.

Happy 250th Anniversary Burns Night tae ye's aw! Very Happy

ps. Big Thanks to Kev (Jacurutu) who is letting us gatecrash his island..............& making sure we leave!
pps Big Thanks (and thanks in advance) to Kev / Davie (Furball) for local knowledge, organisation, try outs etc.
ppps If I can wangle it (running low on Brownie Points) I'll come up for a try out in June or July.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009 - Page 3 Empty Re: BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009

Post  furball Tue Aug 04 2009, 14:49

Aye i had that guy on the phone also Smile

he said that Highlanders were to get priority Very Happy over everyone esle as to where they want there bike lashed lol!

All others woud be lashed to the bulk head Shocked

Davie

furball
3Gold
3Gold

Number of posts : 833

Back to top Go down

BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009 - Page 3 Empty Re: BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009

Post  SteveCat Tue Aug 04 2009, 15:08

Thats funny he told me a similar thing naughty Highlander's bikes next to the spray

They don't have enough rails to put all the bikes on, so some will be 'lashed' to the bulkhead. We are welcome to bring our own coverings and be present when the bikes are being tied down- sounds like they do it over the tank.
No need to 'clamp' the front brake on.

Another point he mentioned, (which he hasn't told everyone) is the return sailings can run late - possibly an hour or so. They will text those of us who have given them their mobile numbers and let us know if they will be late, so we can enjoy ourselves somewhere other than the ferry port.
He does acknowledge that the signal isn't good on the isles, but hopefully voice and text messages should get through grumpy

-Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Aug 04 2009, 15:45

SteveCat wrote:Thats funny he told me a similar thing naughty Highlander's bikes next to the spray

They don't have enough rails to put all the bikes on, so some will be 'lashed' to the bulkhead. We are welcome to bring our own coverings and be present when the bikes are being tied down- sounds like they do it over the tank.
No need to 'clamp' the front brake on.

Another point he mentioned, (which he hasn't told everyone) is the return sailings can run late - possibly an hour or so. They will text those of us who have given them their mobile numbers and let us know if they will be late, so we can enjoy ourselves somewhere other than the ferry port.
He does acknowledge that the signal isn't good on the isles, but hopefully voice and text messages should get through grumpy

-Steve

You all beat me to it.
I was planning on bringing some old rags anyway.......but I was going to be wearing them.
Good enough for me.......good enough for the bike I suppose.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  jacurutu Tue Aug 04 2009, 16:49

SteveCat wrote:They will text those of us who have given them their mobile numbers and let us know if they will be late, so we can enjoy ourselves somewhere other than the ferry port.
I guess you've never been to Tarbert then Laughing
jacurutu
jacurutu
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 29
Hobbies : Octopush
Humour : Hmm...
Registration date : 2009-01-06

http://www.jacurutu.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Tue Aug 04 2009, 18:00

Kev whare about's are you located ?????????????

Davie
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  jacurutu Tue Aug 04 2009, 18:24

Stornoway. Why?
jacurutu
jacurutu
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue Aug 04 2009, 18:41

some bloke phone me with a funny accent
saying i was getting lashed to the fore mast & all the sailors were dress in rag,s
i replied as long as im not the 1 in the barrel im still coming
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Wed Aug 05 2009, 12:31

jacurutu wrote:Stornoway. Why?

Fancy a pint on friday night ?????????????

Davie
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  jacurutu Wed Aug 05 2009, 14:23

Possibly - the Tattoo is on, and I'm not sure whether we're going to that or not, but if you want to give us a bell on the mobile on Friday night, I might be able to make it into town for a swift half!

clink
jacurutu
jacurutu
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Wed Aug 05 2009, 15:08

Will do Kev no problem clink
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3