Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009

+6
redrob600
tcat_unlucky_alf
furball
Wild-Kat-Wolf
jacurutu
Rosco
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009 Empty BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009

Post  Rosco Sun Jan 25 2009, 02:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Exact Details / Routes still to be finalised but date is set.

Weather will be in attendance. sunny confused

Probably basing in or around Arrow Portree (or somewhere between there and Uig (an easy get to for those South of the Border Shocked )

I can put up with some people coming from South of the Border (Thursday Night) should they require it enroute to Skye. Plenty of space (tent out the back if really busy!)

Meet and greet on the Friday Night for those that can and want to in a pub somewhere on the Isle Of Skye.

SAT Rideout setting off early on the Saturday Morning.....we need to catch the 09:40 ferry to Tarbert (Isle of Harris/Isle of Lewis)
Spend the day there and get the ferry back at 20:00
Back to the digs and scrub up for some nice grub, a blether :o , some banter 👅 and beers clink .

SUN Rideout setting off earlyish on the Sunday Morning and possibly taking in some of the beautiful West Coast (back on the mainland) North of Skye
Back to the digs and scrub up for some nice grub, a blether :o , some banter 👅 and beers clink .

Head for home on the Monday. I can offer accomodation to those who require it on the way back down South on the Monday evening.

We'll look into suitable accommodation and post up some more details soon.

NOTE - Everyone MUST book the Arrow Ferry well in advance or you'll need to entertain yourself while the rest of us are on the ferry / Harris / Lewis
NOTE - There is NO ferry service on the Sunday - so be warned and be prepared should anyone have problems while we are on Harris/Lewis on the Saturday.

Get yer time off booked!

Then let us pray that come it may
(As come it will for a' that),
That Sense and Worth o'er a' the earth,
Shall bear the gree an a' that.
For a' that, an a' that,
It's coming yet for a' that,
That man to man, the world, o'er
Shall brithers be for a' that.

Happy 250th Anniversary Burns Night tae ye's aw! Very Happy

ps. Big Thanks to Kev (Jacurutu) who is letting us gatecrash his island..............& making sure we leave!
pps Big Thanks (and thanks in advance) to Kev / Davie (Furball) for local knowledge, organisation, try outs etc.
ppps If I can wangle it (running low on Brownie Points) I'll come up for a try out in June or July.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009 Empty Can I come please?

Post  jacurutu Mon Jan 26 2009, 17:20

Please, please, please can I come? I've always fancied visiting Lewis (and Harris) Wink

PS You forgot to mention getting the ferry back to Tarbert at 05.30 on Monday morning if anyone wants to see more of Lewis (not that there will be much more to see after Saturday's rideout) or happens to live there.

PPS Don't worry about getting stranded on Saturday. There will be plenty of time to sort things out and make sure you don't get stuck on the island. And if you do, we'll get you back to Skye and you can head back to Lewis with me on the 05.30 ferry on Monday morning to collect your bike!

Last edited by jacurutu on Mon Jan 26 2009, 19:06; edited 1 time in total
jacurutu
jacurutu
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 29
Hobbies : Octopush
Humour : Hmm...
Registration date : 2009-01-06

http://www.jacurutu.org.uk

Back to top Go down

BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009 Empty Re: BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009

Post  Guest Mon Jan 26 2009, 18:12

Oh dear - i've always wanted to go to Skye and Lewis - don't think i could hack it though Crying or Very sad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009 Empty Re: BIG MAC VI DATES - Ride Out on Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th 2009

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Mon Jan 26 2009, 18:35

Why not? Course you can.... go on, you know you want to!! Wink Twisted Evil
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  jacurutu Sun Feb 01 2009, 16:25

I don't know, we go to all this effort, and you're just going to bimble around on Skye, or perhaps not even come at all? Oh well, more for the rest of us then!

Weather's been glorious up here sunny , so couldn't resist a quick trip out on the bike - first ride of 2009, first ride on the island and first time Jenny's been on the back of the K12R - lots of 1sts :whoop:!

Anyway, here's a couple of photos:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Expect to see lots of sheep! (And keep your fingers crossed that the weather's as good as this for the Big Mac VI - it'll be absolutely fantastic if it is (and still amazing even if it isn't)!
jacurutu
jacurutu
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Sun Feb 01 2009, 16:39

Nice one Kev it's looking good. nice to see your makeing new friends Very Happy

Baaaaaaaaaaa

Davie Cool

PS: Book plenty of this sunny please
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sat Feb 07 2009, 16:45

Looking Good Kev.

Can we get a show of hands who will be up for cheap and cheerful Hostel accomodation?

We can then try and block book a room big enough and hopefully fill it.

Show of hands please as follows (who have I missed......)

Rosco Fri, Sat & Sun Hostel please
Furball
DirtBike Dave
Stevecat
Krusty
MrsKrusty
WKW sorting own accomodation
Ezzy's Mum sorting own accomodation
TcatUnluckyAlf
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  tcat_unlucky_alf Sat Feb 07 2009, 18:23

Rosco wrote:...
Show of hands please as follows (who have I missed......)

Rosco Fri, Sat & Sun Hostel please
Furball
DirtBike Dave
Stevecat
Krusty
MrsKrusty
WKW sorting own accomodation
Ezzy's Mum sorting own accomodation
TcatUnluckyAlf

Laughing Not sure I'd said I was going yet, but now you come to mention it, there's every chance I'll be there. Just trying to organise the finances for it at the mo. Don't count me in for anything just yet, and if all else fails my auntie has a place I can use in Waternish. All else fails I'll be there for the beers at some point! clink
tcat_unlucky_alf
tcat_unlucky_alf
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 128
Hobbies : Computer programmer SNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Humour : Like a coat hook... off the wall!
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  redrob600 Sun Feb 08 2009, 13:10

I would SO like to do this, but don't know whether I'll be a) back on a bike by then and b) up to such a long trip.

I took my old 600 Diversion to Skye a few years ago as part of a long weekend tour of the highlands - I was totally overwhelmed by the beauty of the place and always swore I'd go back one day. For anyone not sure whether to go - DO IT! You'll never regret it.
redrob600
redrob600
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 56
Hobbies : software developer
Humour : yes please
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  redrob600 Sun Feb 08 2009, 13:23

Rosco wrote:I can put up with some people coming from South of the Border

...erm, nice to know non-Scots are welcome ;-)
redrob600
redrob600
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Sun Feb 08 2009, 14:36

redrob600 wrote:

lol! What Rosco means is if some of you want to travel up on the thursday he will put you up for the night at his house Smile

Well i think that is what he means Exclamation

Davie
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Feb 08 2009, 16:44

redrob600 wrote:

Ooops......slip of the tongue mate.

I meant put them up......obviously Rolling Eyes

It is absolutely beautiful there. The more the merrier.

Hope you can make it Rob and you are welcome to stay here enroute to Skye.

The ferry is most likely to get fully booked before August so I suggest that if anyone is interested in going they get that bit sorted first.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  redrob600 Sun Feb 08 2009, 18:03

Only joshin' mate - I know what you meant. And thanks - I hope I can make it.
redrob600
redrob600
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Mar 09 2009, 01:12

Hello Peeps

We have a reasonable amount of sign ups so far and we are looking to sort out accommodation (for those who wish to stay in the hostel [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that Kev (Jacurutu) found asap)

Thanks to those who have indicated their preference for accommodation in the SIGN UP page thus far.

I understand there may be some pillion passengers attending (and their details may not be on the sign up page)..... Can Stevecat / Krusty confirm this ..... and also your preference for accommodation ....... ie. Does your good lady want to share a room with strange men (other that you! Wink ).....or will you sort out your own accommodation.
Sorry ....... need to ask.

There are small rooms too so if we can get enough women going (and/or talk Wild-Kat-Wolf and Suzy into the Hostel) then we could have a girly room too.

The rooms vary in size and I understand there is a twin room (next best for couples I guess). Feel free to check / book this yourself if you are a couple going to Big Mac.

I am hoping to get Hostel accommodation booked on Monday 16th March so I'd like to know before Sunday 15th March what everyone wants to do. Please check your entry in the sign up page and modify / re-post as necessary. The cost PPPN is cheap (£15 ish) I think and I hope that everyone thinks it would be fair to share the cost equally for everyone attending. I.e If we haven't completely filled one room then that is spread between everyone attending (probably / hopefully less that the price of a beer each depending on numbers)

Anyone is welcome to sign up after this date but I'd just like to get things sorted for those people who are definitely attending. Anyone signing up after this date can fill in the gaps in our room(s) if available / possible or sort themselves out.

I will endeavour to contact the Hostel tomorrow to confirm their prices / booking policy / cancellation policy and post up asap.

Also I'd like to re-iterate that Skye is very busy in August (so I've been led to believe) and the Ferry WILL get fully booked before August. If you want to attend the ride-out on Day 1 (Sat 8th August) then you MUST book your Ferry ticket as there is minimal chance you'll get one on the day. Details in the other Big Mac thread.

I'm quietly confident that this will be the best Big Mac yet......the scenery (i've seen some but not all of it before) is breath-taking and beautiful.

If you thinking about this then get your details on the sign-up list asap

Cheers the noo
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Mar 09 2009, 15:44

Rosco wrote:
I understand there may be some pillion passengers attending (and their details may not be on the sign up page)..... Can Stevecat / Krusty confirm this ..... or will you sort out your own accommodation.

Have booked in at a B&B 2 min walk from the hostel - Easdale. 2x Double and 1 x twin room £28 p/p/n (Contact Mrs Matheson 01478 613244), two rooms left (double and twin). Updated the sign-up page.

-Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Mar 10 2009, 17:57

The Hostel cost is £14 pppn + £2 per day for breakfast.

The rooms are 4 bed/bunk (or bigger) and they are quite quiet for that weekend at the moment.

As it stands there are 2 (maybe 3) people staying Saturday night and Sunday night.
There is Bobby nae mates (me) (maybe 2 others) staying Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The sign-up page is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyone coming up for Wee Mac will be no doubt enjoy it so much that they will want to sign up for Big Mac.........avoid the rush and sign up now instead! Smile

It is their busy season in August and we would be charged the full capacity of the room (unless any cancelled space can be filled by anyone else)....hopefully this won't be an issue and if people really need to cancel for good reason then they do so early enough.

It would be better if we can share our rooms with folk from this site rather than joe public though. I've met joe lots of times and most of the time he's just fine but very occasionally he's a complete a%$£h01e.

As it stands we are probably better to wait for a while to hopefully allow a few more people to sign up before booking any accommodation.

Come on people you know you want to.......you don't want to miss the boat (actually you'll need to book your ticket for that too........[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri Apr 03 2009, 20:57

hi guys i just might make this one will book the ferry 1st
but need to know about the hostel or b&b don,t fancy sleeping with other big hairy ass scots men on my own
any body fancy a twin
Rosco any room on thursday at your abode as i will ride up on thursday
then back on monday
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Apr 05 2009, 22:14

Hi Pete

You are more than welcome to stay at mine on the Thursday night.

Charlie and I have a 2 bunk room for Fri, Sat, Sun
Jacurutu and DirtBikeDave have 2 bunks on the Sat, Sun in

As far as I can see it you can phone and book a bunk on Fri, Sat, Sun (can't say if you'll be in the same room as Kev & DBD on the Sat/Sun though) OR talk someone else into attending and we can have a 4 bunk room (if still available) for you, a.n.other, Charlie and me. Alternatively you can book accomodation nearby [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Apr 06 2009, 05:31

cheers Rosco i will have a look see at the places to stay nearby

pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Apr 08 2009, 15:07

cards wrote:i will have a look see at the places to stay nearby

Pete , not sure if you saw my posting on the previous page of where I am staying - copied and pasted here in case. The rooms were available at the time of the original Post (9 March).

Have booked in at a B&B 2 min walk from the hostel - Easdale. 2x Double and 1 x twin room £28 p/p/n (Contact Mrs Matheson 01478 613244), two rooms left (double and twin).

-Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Thu Apr 09 2009, 22:53

yes steve seen your post but seeing as im on my own & its either a twin or a double at £28 pppn
mmmm
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Jun 03 2009, 13:23

Hope......if you're standed there and missed the last ferry on Saturday.........http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8080938.stm
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  jacurutu Wed Jun 03 2009, 15:01

Oh no, not the Sunday ferry debate...
jacurutu
jacurutu
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Jun 05 2009, 09:37

TimAllen has just signed up(to the forum and Big Mac complete with his Ferry tickets)

So we now have 7 people staying at the Hostel FRI, SAT & SUN and 2 people staying SAT & SUN.

The Hostel has a 10 bunk room that overlooks where the bikes would be but we would need to pay the whole room rate whether we fill it or not.

At present we are split over THREE rooms which is fine at £14 PP.

What I'm suggesting is if we can get ONE more person to sign up and put all 8 of us in the 10 man room on the FRIDAY and all 10 of us the SAT & SUN then it would only cost 50p more PP.
If we can't get that extra person then it would be £1.55 more PP per night.

If we get more people wanting to go then we can continue to fill the 10 man room up

Whaddyall Think.....Leave it as it is, wait and see if any more sign up and hope we can get the space OR go for it (but it might cost a few quid more)

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Fri Jun 05 2009, 11:40

Dunno i'm confused now ponder
Do we save 50p or do we blow the whole £1.55 on a luxury dorm???.... decisions, decisions.
Rosco, i'll go along with whatever you decide..... Very Happy
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next