Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WEE MAC 2 DATE - Ride Out on Saturday April 18th 2009

Go down

WEE MAC 2 DATE - Ride Out on Saturday April 18th 2009 Empty WEE MAC 2 DATE - Ride Out on Saturday April 18th 2009

Post  Rosco Sun Jan 25 2009, 00:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]WEE MAC 2 - Ride Out on Saturday April 18th 2009[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Details / Route still to be finalised but date is set.

Weather will be in attendance. sunny confused

Probably basing in or around Galashiels (an easy get to for those South of the Border)

Meet and greet on the Friday Night for those that can and want to in a pub somewhere in Galashiels.
Rideout setting off (not too) early on the Saturday Morning. Back to the digs and scrub up for some nice grub, a blether :o , some banter 👅 and beers clink .
Head for home on the Sunday.

I'll look into suitable accommodation and post up some more details soon.

Get yer time off booked!

Then let us pray that come it may
(As come it will for a' that),
That Sense and Worth o'er a' the earth,
Shall bear the gree an a' that.
For a' that, an a' that,
It's coming yet for a' that,
That man to man, the world, o'er
Shall brithers be for a' that.

Happy 250th Anniversary Burns Night tae ye's aw! Very Happy
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

WEE MAC 2 DATE - Ride Out on Saturday April 18th 2009 Empty Re: WEE MAC 2 DATE - Ride Out on Saturday April 18th 2009

Post  Rosco Tue Feb 03 2009, 00:55

Booked HERE Binnie Myre Guest House ....... and I think it is the :bounce: bogs dollocks :bounce: by the sounds of it.

There are a few other B&B's nearby too.

It has a 42 inch plasma :cheers:
12' snooker table :whoop:
Fridge (for beers) pinkelly

£30 pppn and full scottish breakfast.

I've booked and paid deposit for a large (6 single bed) room and so far ME & Greencat have indicated they want one of these beds which leaves four left at the moment.
I think they still have family room left although they expect that they may have another room vacated by that time.
A quick scour of prices around suggests that this is a really good deal so snap it while you can.

When I phoned and spoke to Bill he advised they had the goldwings from Belgium/Holland last year and the car park was full of about 20 bikes.

If you phone too book another room just say you are part of the motorbike group.

If you want to be in the room of 6 single beds let me know.

It is a 10 min walk from the centre of Galashiels.

Come on we MUST be able to fill this room - clink

Ask any questions in here and post your commitment to attend in the sign up thread please.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

WEE MAC 2 DATE - Ride Out on Saturday April 18th 2009 Empty Re: WEE MAC 2 DATE - Ride Out on Saturday April 18th 2009

Post  Rosco Wed Mar 25 2009, 08:36

Hi All

I've got 5 confirmed places taken in the 6 man room and MAY still have ONE space left (been waiting on someone else confirming for a few days now)
So there still MIGHT be ONE space in the 6 man room....Let me know (PM me) if you are interested.

Only a few weeks to go.

Thinking about a try-out this Sunday (although I see their is sleet/snow forecast so maybe / maybe not)
Failing that the only other day I can do a try-out will be the Saturday before the Wee Mac (ie. Sat 11th April)

Really looking forward to it now!

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Mar 25 2009, 23:26

All 6 places confirmed now in the 6 man room.

Me
Tcatcarson
Krusty
Krusty's Mate
Bravepill
Bravepill's Mate - Mally

I can sleep easy now.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Apr 07 2009, 18:24

Well the route is pretty much set in stone now

Please see the Tryout & Binniemyre Photos HERE

Please see the MENU HERE (REPLY WITH WHAT YOU WANT) and WEBSITE HERE

Please see the ROUTE HERE

Note that

⭐ A/H is the start / finish point on the A7 (Binniemyre Guest House.....off Hayward Drive)
A7 South
⭐ B is where we depart the A7 (Langholm).......(we might re-group here / Hawick / Selkirk???)
B7068 to Lockerbie
A709 to Dumfries
⭐ C is a scheduled stop in Dumfries Town Centre ...... next to river (Public Toilets (no...not the river! / Tea / Fag stop)
A75 to Crocketford
A712 until T - RIGHT (NORTH) onto A713
A713 to Dalmellington
B741 to New Cumnock
LEFT onto A76
⭐ D is Fuel Stop at New Cumnock
CONTINUE NORTH ON A76 (past golf course on left)
LEFT into Lochside House Hotel
⭐ E is LUNCH at Lochside House Hotel
A76 North follow signs for A70 (Muirkirk / Edinburgh)
At Hyndford Bridge - RIGHT over bridge to Lanark (A73)
Stay on A73 to Lanark
Possible diversion down to New Lanark (time dependant)
Take A72 (LEFT) coming out of Lanark to Kirkfieldbank
At Garrion Bridge take A71 to Overtown / Edinburgh
Stay on A71 to Shotts
⭐ F is Tea/Pee/Fag stop at my house
B715 to Forth
⭐ G is possible stop at Wind Farm
LEFT onto A706 (down the Breich Braes)
RIGHT onto A71 towards Edinburgh
At West Calder RIGHT onto B7008
At A70 RIGHT towards Ayr
At Carnwath LEFT onto A721
At A72 follow signs for Peebles(A72)
Possible STOP at Peebles (time dependant)
Stay on A72 to Galashiels
At Galashiels onto A7 South to Binniemyre Guest House on Right
⭐ H is arriving back at Binniemyre

Please print these details and map for your reference.

My moby should you require it is Oh Heaven 970 130 99 Wan

Please PM me your Moby.

If you want to give me Emergency Names / Numbers that will be fine too.

Please at least put an ICE (In Case of Emergency Contact) number(s) in your mobile and have a note of insurance / license / recovery details with you.

Cheers
Ross

ps. Since I'll be taking you all somewhere a bit more pricey than normal for lunch on the Saturday..........can I suggest we all sort our own cheapy dinner before we all meet in the 6-man room for a few cheap beers and a game of snooker before heading out to a pub.....or not. We can discuss this in pub on Friday....suggest we all meet at the most local to Binniemyre Pub (The Salmon Inn) from 8.30 onwards on the Friday Night........ not sure how good it is unfortunately but there are a FEW OTHERS TO CHOOSE FROM HERE If we decide to go somewhere else I'll text you (if I have your number)
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Apr 14 2009, 11:18

Hi All

I've spoken to a few people about the lunch menu for this Saturday and a few have raised their concerns about the cost of it.

Just to let you know (again) the lunch menu is a bit pricier than normal but it was chosen because it was where Dirt Bike Dave were starting to get hungry and asked the locals where a nice place to eat was.

I have booked the Lochside for lunch but we can sort something out if people tell me it is tooo expensive. Please let me know your thoughts on this asap.
Cheapest (starter + dessert) is £7.50, cheapest main course is £8.95.
I think I'll just be having the main course though!.....menu is in a link in my previous post!

It is set in beautiful surroundings I'm sure it will be worth the extra few quid as it is thee place to eat locally we've been told.

Finally to confirm the details for this Friday Night / Saturday morning.

For those that wish a pre-ride meet/schwallae.......Meeting in the most local to Binniemyre, Pub (The Salmon Inn) from 8.30 onwards on the Friday Night........ not sure how good it is unfortunately, but there are a FEW OTHERS TO CHOOSE FROM HERE

Saturday morning ..... Everyone to be fully fuelled (petrol not alcohol please Sick ) and meet at the Binniemyre Guest House Car Park (gravel ....... but very compacted) from 9am for meet and greet ready to depart at 9.30am.

Please be neighbourly.........no revving engines or having them running when not really necessary. Some of us need to stay there remember!

Please let me know your moby please (either PM me or text me[my number posted previously]) if you haven't already done so.

Looking forward to it....I've been told the weather will definitely be there.

Only FOUR days to go great

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

WEE MAC 2 DATE - Ride Out on Saturday April 18th 2009 Empty Ride out

Post  Guest Tue Apr 14 2009, 18:42

Well I may drive a CBR 600RR but im registerd in a thundercat forum! go figure! lol
Count me in for the ride out on saturday. i will speak to my cousin and find out anything about the salmon inn.

Tam
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Apr 14 2009, 18:49

Hi Tam

Glad you got my instructions ok.
Will be good to see you again on Saturday.
Any 'local' knowledge on the pubs would be appreciated.

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down