Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010

+10
Robcat
Dirt Bike Dave
yamahamad
Wild-Kat-Wolf
0ldcat
bignige
greencat
MevsyD
kevin10529
Rosco
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010 Empty Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010

Post  Rosco Tue Oct 13 2009, 23:40

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] WEE MAC III DATE - Ride Out on Saturday 17th April 2010 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Exact Details / Routes still to be finalised but date is set (Saturday 17th April 2010)

Weather will be in attendance. sunny confused

Where we are basing is as yet undecided...............................suggestions thus far are (St John's town of Dalry, Dumfries, Lockerbie & Langholm)

Meet and greet on the Friday Night for those that can and want to in a nearby pub probably.

SAT Rideout - setting off early on the Saturday Morning.........current proposed route is just over 240 miles going no more North than Abington, not much more East than Hawick, not much more South than Dumfries and a sprinkling of Galloway Forest Park.

Back to the digs and scrub up for some nice grub, a blether :o , some banter 👅 and beers clink .

Head for home on the Sunday.

Will look into suitable accommodation and post up some more details soon.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010 Empty Re: Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010

Post  Rosco Sat Dec 12 2009, 22:59

Hi All

I popped in to see the pub today in the village where we are basing ourselves for Wee Mac III (2010).

It is The Clachan Inn and is in a village called St. John's Town of Dalry and is HERE and some wikipedia info HERE

I took some photos of the PUB, the pool table, the bar, the play park and a few arty photos too. It was quite icy (I was in the car).
I nearly hit another feckin rabbit too!

You'll find the photos HERE

I've block booked accomodation at the pub and will phone round the local B&B's (literally a stone's throw away) to get details and post them up too.

The village has its own bank ATM & petrol station too which is nice.

The pub (where about about 11 people can stay) is called The Clachan Inn. It has a pool table, puggie (fruit machine) and serves good food. It also serves alchol I think Wink clink

Get your names on the sign up list asap.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010 Empty Re: Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010

Post  Rosco Fri Jan 29 2010, 13:45

Was thinking something like this MAP

and
I KNOW Sanquhar to Abington is a a great road
I KNOW Moffat to Selkirk is a great road.
I KNOW Hawick to Newcastleton is a great road.
I KNOW Newton Stewart to New Galloway is soo good I'm proposing we do it twice. Probably do this last as we will all have warmed up by then plus it is easy for people who don't fancy it to to head back to the digs and shorten the ride by about 40 miles

This route isn't set in stone and we can modify.

Not sure which direction to go (clockwise / anti-clockwise) nor exactly where the best places to stop to fuel (need to accommodate for no more than 100 miles between them) / food / or the best places to stop for photos etc.

There is a fuel stop in St. Johns Town of Dalry which is a good start.

I think The Grey Mairs Tail (or something like that) or the loch opposite and along from it (Moffat to Selkirk road I think) is probably worth a stop.

Any local input greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin10529 Fri Jan 29 2010, 14:52

Count me in if i can get the time off work.

looks good. I think we go clockwise. Mind lock your bike up if you stop off in sanquhar!!!

Possibly Abington then Dumfries for petrol stops.

The Grey Mairs Tail has a loch at the top of it, you have to climb right up (takes aboot 25mins) worth it though.
kevin10529
kevin10529
6Bronze
6Bronze

Number of posts : 50
Hobbies : Football Coach
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Apr 11 2010, 11:12

Well.... Dirt Bike Dave and I did a tryout yesterday for the run.

We tried some variations on the roads. Doubled back on the roads that were totally sh*t and rerouted some of the planned route.

The fuel stops, coffee, fag and lunch stops are sorted.

I'll PM a google map to everyone signed up later today or tomorrow.

I promise to tighten my sidestand before next week Embarassed

I'll post details later too.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Apr 13 2010, 16:49

Hi All

I had hoped to post this up sooner but here goes.

St. John's Town of Dalry is a tiny place......so minimal chances of bumping into a hen night :( (Lesson learned there I think)
Hopefully everyone on the site who is signed up should have received a PM from me with the route details.
If anyone wants to join us for the run it is not too late....post up here or PM me.

Lochinvar will be open at 5pm (although there will probably be someone to let you in a wee bit earlier)

There isn't a restaurant nearby so I hope everyone is OK with dining at the Lochinvar on the Friday.
Does 7.30pm sound OK?
The Lochinvar does have two bars though.

They do starters for just about £4 and main courses circa £9.

Please post up one way or tother as I'd like to let them know and give them notice.

If it is very nice we could have dinner there on Saturday Night too.......alternatively Taxis to somewhere a bit bigger nearby.

Unfortunately I am attending a funeral on Friday afternoon so I won't be there as early as I'd hoped but should make it in time for a quick shower and pint before dinner.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Tue Apr 13 2010, 18:12

Hi Rosco, put me down for a dinner main course on Friday please as I didn't get this shape by skipping meals!

Martin
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Wed Apr 14 2010, 09:58

Hi Ross,

Add me to the dinner list for Friday night.

Cheers,
Chris
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Wed Apr 14 2010, 15:43

Yes please add us three to the pie list for Friday clink
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 112
Hobbies : Pies, Beer n Bikes
Humour : The Beatings will continue until Morale improves !
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sat Apr 17 2010, 10:15

Weather here in East Midds is glorious . . . Hope it is sunny with you too.

Hope your day Goes . . is Going . . Went excellently. Just sorry I couldn't make it.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Apr 18 2010, 04:16

DBD, Daz11, Mevsyd and I are still in the bar.......unfortunatley BigNige's mate maurice had an off soon after lunch. He is ok....nothing broken just ligament damage and hayabusa is a bit scuffed.

Apart from that the rideout has been excellent.

We missed the New Galloway to Newton Stewart bit but some if us will do that in the morning. ...well in 5 and a bit hours maybe.

A few stories and caption competitions to follow.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Sun Apr 18 2010, 09:52

Boys, I'm impressed..... 4.16am and you're still partying.....sounds like a good night, looking forward to the pictures!! Hope it's nicer weather over there today.... cos it's peeing with rain through here in the East.

Really great to meet everyone yesterday... some well known faces, and, hopefully, some great new mates. Safe ride home everyone.... roll on the next rideout.

Fi girl_witch xxx
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Sun Apr 18 2010, 10:20

Jeez still in the bar at 4.16 am some fairly fuzzy heads this morning i guess.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Sun Apr 18 2010, 14:16

Well Im home. Had a good days riding yesterday. Can't wait for the next one. Shame about the big chap's off but at least he wasn't hurt too bad. Great to catch up with some old faces and to meet some new ones. Rosco's bar tending skills were also uncovered last night/this morning.
And I'll leave it up to some of the other guys to explain the w@nk1ng Badger and satisfied fox incidents!!
Oh and I ain't playin spoof with mevsyd(Martin) again. Well not for money anyway!!
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Sun Apr 18 2010, 15:22

Just got back after a great weekend. Big up to the Scottish boys for sorting it all out, had a great time! Feeling a little rough for some reason (see above) so shower and snooze for a bit...Will put some pictures on a bit later and hopefully someone took one of the official greencat signed wa#king badger!
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Sun Apr 18 2010, 16:36

Pants... Just given the bike the once over and where the pheasant hit there it a 3 inch crack in the nose cone. Knew that though so plastic weld should sort it but now looked underneath and two big cracks underneath where it joins the main fairing either side..Hope the feathered little bugger is happy!
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Sun Apr 18 2010, 18:37

Oops!! How rude of it to commit suicide at your demise!! Hope it all fixes okay. Glad you got home safe... have a nice time chilling whilst recovering from your late night

Fi xxx girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010 Empty Back in good old Worksop!

Post  Robcat Sun Apr 18 2010, 19:12

Rob and Linz signing in to say we're back in Worksop after enjoying a fantastic weekend with great people and some cracking riding (even if there were a few roads that could catch you out quite easily!). Still feeling a little bit rusty after a long winter and not actually being out on the bike since September.

Thanks to Ross for arranging the weekend as we really enjoyed it and look forward to Dave opening his chain of "Wanking Badger" pubs. Hope everyone else got home safely and we look forward to seeing everyone in the rest of the rideouts this year.

Rob says he was "forced" to pose for the photo with the hotdog that is surely going to appear on the site sometime soon.

Take care for now and will hopefully see a few of you in Bishop's Castle and TOL.
Rob and Linz

PS. Ross, there was absolutely NO chocolate involved in our room last night, just sandwiches (hotdog style)! pmsl
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Apr 18 2010, 19:21

Just a very quick post as i'm heading off out again.

Euan dropped off and I'm back too. Thanks to everyone for making it such a great weekend.
Looking forward to the next one already.

I'll get some pics and video posted up as soon a I can not tonight though.

Sorry to hear the pheasant phooker details Martin. Hope it is easy and cheap to fix.
Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krusty Sun Apr 18 2010, 20:12

Quick sign in to say me and Ben back home without incident, had a great ride down back over Hartside. Thanks all for a great weekend, smashing rideout, thanks to Ross and Dave for organising it.

A definite wildlife theme to the weekend. I don't think we've heard the last of the badger...
Krusty
Krusty
1Silver
1Silver

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  Bravepill6 Sun Apr 18 2010, 21:47

Cheers for a great weekend lads.
Found this and thought of you.......................................
Paintings of smiling animals always do it for me.
Cheers
Euan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bravepill6
Bravepill6
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Hobbies : Alloy Wheel Technician
Humour : The more the merrier

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Sun Apr 18 2010, 22:09

Another signing in!

Got back home for 5:30 pm. No rain at all on the way back and a progressive ride to make up lost time after following a very slow moving jam sandwich along the full length of Wensleydale!

A big thank you to Ross and Dave for making the weekend possible. Thanks to our hosts who had the difficult task of keeping us fed and watered, but did it admirably. And thanks to everyone else for a jolly good time. clink

Too tired now to post up much now. Glad to see just about everyone is home safely.

Cheers,
Chris

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PS Remember [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is available. Might buy it as a suitable memory of the Wee Mac 2010.
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac III - Saturday 17th April 2010 Empty FAO |Mevsy (and anyone else interested in the dv cam)

Post  Krusty Sun Apr 18 2010, 22:28

Said I'd post details of the diddy video camera that I had this weekend. It's a Chinese copy of the Veho Muvi, which goes for £60-100 on places like Amazon. There's a lot of Hong Kong Ebay sellers with prices ranging from about £10-20: I got mine from here for £12. Took about three weeks to turn up.

Long thread on Bikeradar about them. You need to use a Class 6 memory card to get a decent frame rate.

Here's a demo of the video quality, shot this morning on the way back from wee mac. It's been youtubed, so resolution isn't as high as original I dont' think. The sound is strange as on every recording it starts of with the kind of distorting wind noise that you would expect from an uncovered microphone, but after about five seconds it seems to settle down and the sound is fine from then on.

Last edited by Krusty on Mon Apr 19 2010, 07:42; edited 1 time in total
Krusty
Krusty
1Silver
1Silver

Number of posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Sun Apr 18 2010, 23:21

Brilliant, many thanks.. Ordered.
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  supernaut Mon Apr 19 2010, 10:57

Great weekend. Thanks Ross and Dave. Good to see everyone, only downside was Maurice coming off but thankfully he seemed ok.
special thanks to Chris for the ride up on the friday. Great fun in the bar saturday night with the afore mentioned animal themes and Martin's (mevsyD)bar game.
We really enjoyed it, thanks everyone,
Steve and Sharon...........
supernaut
supernaut
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next