Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been bike testing!!!!

5 posters

Go down

I've been bike testing!!!! Empty I've been bike testing!!!!

Post  andyb Fri Jun 18 2010, 12:20

Firstly, no i'm not looking at getting rid of my 'cat, however i am looking for something to keep it company next year Very Happy

Somebody at work was nice enough to give me most of the week off, so off i trotted to the local bike shops, fortunatly my wife was at work and the kids were at school so nobody could argue Laughing

First up, Kawasaki z1000, one word WOW great
I loved every minute of this bike which surprised me a little because i'm not a fan of naked bikes really. It was happy at speed, happy at low speed and really nimble. It was so comfortable just scooting around town. Basically, i've always though of the kawasaki's as speed freaks bike, how wrong was i, the bike was lovely.

Second up, Suzuki GSXR 750, Terrible Neutral
I was meant to be testing the 'busa for a start however, it had a flat tyre and i couldn't so i thought i'd take the gixxer out instead. All it had was speed, which is probably what most people want to be fair. I found it uncomfortable and boring suprisingly.

And this mornings little adventure, MV Agusta, F4, what a machine great
It's fast, it's got bags of appeal and everything about is just awesome. It's gotta fantstic sound too it and it turns heads all over the place. Would i buy one? Yes i would Very Happy Would i be allowed to buy one? Doubt it very much :(

I'm gonna testing some more bikes at the end of next week too providing the weather is ok, i'm just not sure what yet????????? Very Happy
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 389
Hobbies : Armed forces/ sport and bikes
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

I've been bike testing!!!! Empty Re: I've been bike testing!!!!

Post  yamahamad Fri Jun 18 2010, 12:50

The z1000 was a bike i was interested in a few years ago but i did not like it personally. It will have been a diferent model to what you tested though been a few years ago.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Jun 18 2010, 13:55

Lucky You!

Keep us posted with your findings.
I think Supernaut on here has a z1000 and really rates it.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

I've been bike testing!!!! Empty F4 fever

Post  ballio Fri Jun 18 2010, 14:25

for me there is only 2 bikes in the world.

one is a thundercat and the other is definately an MV Agusta F4. Go for the F4, the smile will never come off your face "FACT!"

once i have had a cat for for a good few years and have my riding skills down im having an F4 Senna and then i probably wont ride another bike till im dead and i wont ever be unhappy.
ballio
ballio
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Fri Jun 18 2010, 15:56

Lucky man!! clappy

If you were going to try the 'busa, why not try a ZZR1400 or a ZX-10R? Twisted Evil Or how about an Aprilia RSV (slurp!) naughty ? Sod it, you may as well just go for bust and try everything you can find, the new K1300S beemer is pleasant (not the true pipe and slippers brigade) or hang off for a S1000RR? Wink

Oh so much choice - so little time - sigh!! Most envious of all your playing... enjoy and keep us informed of what you've tried and what you've thought clink

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 18 2010, 23:20

Kwak zzr1400 has awsome power and it's light for a 1400 , also my brother in law has an Aprillia RSV and he really loves it. Cool
Anonymous

Back to top Go down