Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This 2003 Cat looks lovely

4 posters

Go down

This 2003 Cat looks lovely Empty This 2003 Cat looks lovely

Post  Guest Tue Dec 08 2009, 20:12

NICE THUNDERCAT <== Link

Am so desperate to buy one that I'd buy one before I've even passed my mod 2 !! They can deliver to my door - so I wouldn't even have to ride it from the dealer I can keep it in the garage wall I'm not known to be patient loony I think this is a really good deal .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

This 2003 Cat looks lovely Empty Re: This 2003 Cat looks lovely

Post  Toni Tue Dec 08 2009, 21:02

The bike looks nice - even though it isn't blue green smile

But Shocked the fastener for the top-case is a no-go for me - i would remove it immediately :idea: Wink
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.thundercat-club.de

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 08 2009, 21:05

espaceman3 wrote:
Am so desperate to buy one that I'd buy one before I've even passed my mod 2 !! They can deliver to my door - so I wouldn't even have to ride it from the dealer I can keep it in the garage [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm not known to be patient [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think this is a really good deal .
I can't comment - i bought Ezz before i'd passed my test and had her delivered to my garage and went in it every day and sat on her - some people thought i was mad but i've still not seen a bike i'd change her for lol - wonder if it's just the rack it comes with or if there's a box too - personally i swear by my ventura luggage stuff - can't rate it highly enough it was my ebay bargain buy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Toni Tue Dec 08 2009, 21:12

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:some people thought i was mad

lachen Once your reputation's gone, you can boldly carry on. Wink

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:but i've still not seen a bike i'd change her for

+1 clink
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 08 2009, 21:15

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to buy before my test !!!But did you sit on one before you bought a cat? I ought to at least do that pmsl You've made me feel a bit more sane - only a little Laughing I agree with that back frame thing behind the seat - it does look a bit ugly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 08 2009, 22:41

Yeah i sat on her - i saw her in Taz - when i walked in the door couple of guys were looking - by the time i'd worked my way round a different bloke was looking - me and my mate spent a while looking at her and i was humming and hahing as i hadn't passed my test and had no dosh and my mate said she'd lend me it so we decided to go have a coffee and as we were walking towards the coffee machine the first guys were walking back towards the bike so my mate yelled out to the sales guy you can put a sold sticker on that thundercat - this bloke's face dropped and they turned and left [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] guy in the place said whenever they had a thundercat in they went quick
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Wed Dec 09 2009, 13:13

espaceman3 wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to buy before my test !!!But did you sit on one before you bought a cat? I ought to at least do that pmsl You've made me feel a bit more sane - only a little Laughing I agree with that back frame thing behind the seat - it does look a bit ugly.

Let me see how I'm fixed over the coming days - we might be able to arrange a sit on mine, but only if the weather's OK and I'm not booked for some other household activities. I'll get back when I know more.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 09 2009, 15:11

Ah thanks mate thats really , nice of you, but I went and sat on one at a dealer in Ruislip , my feet can touch the ground - not flat- but enough for me to steady the bike - I did find the seat a tad wide -the pegs were just at the right height - unlike the R6 that I sat on - the reach to the handle bars was very comfortable . I have to say the Bike looks enormous and it does feel heavy , but not ridiculously , I tried a Kwak R6 a new one and I have to say it fitted like a glove - but couldn't help thinking I would get bored with it in the long term.SOOOOOOOO

I rang the dealer that was selling the 2003 Model Thundercat -as posted above-and paid a deposit over the phone - when it's delivered if it is still to my liking I pay the rest, they will also service it put tax and 12 months MOT , three months warranty- YYYYYYYYYYYYiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipeeeeeeeeee MY BIKE clink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 09 2009, 15:21

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] so i'm not the only mad one on the site then - i'm sure you'll love it and there is always the option to have it lowered if you feel uncomfortable with the height tho i'm sure you'll be fine - now you just need to give it a name to complete the launch into insanity [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Suzie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Toni Wed Dec 09 2009, 15:45

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:to give it a name

I think that is a female "problem" lachen

And Congratulations to your bike espaceman3 Exclamation great
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 09 2009, 16:30

Toni wrote:
Ezzy's Mum! wrote:to give it a name

I think that is a female "problem" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I think not - we had this conversation on the old forum and you may be surprised how many of the blokes owned up to having names for their bikes and without thinking about it i can name 3 of their bikes off the top of my head Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Toni Wed Dec 09 2009, 17:16

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:how many of the blokes owned up to having names for their bikes

Shocked I don't have a name for my thundercat Rolling Eyes
But even if i have - i wouldn't admit it Wink

Maybe it is a British characteristic naughty

I should ask it in our German forum - but i better do not...they will account me being mad Neutral
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Dec 09 2009, 18:13

Toni wrote:
Maybe it is a British characteristic naughty

Not really. My wife who wasn't English (clue: flag on right Smile ) had to name all the vehicles. She'd get cross with me for not entering into the spirit - I'd let her do the names, but couldn't remember half the time which name belonged to which car wall

The bike was exempt and I was allowed to refer to it as 'The Yammy'. The current bike doesn't even have that, just the 'cat!

Oops espaceman3, sorry for hijacking your thread. Good news on your bike. You'll be glad of the thicker and wider saddle when aboard for a long time, and it won't feel heavy when you're moving.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Toni Wed Dec 09 2009, 18:51

Ok, i surrender Rolling Eyes Wink

SteveCat wrote:but couldn't remember half the time which name belonged to which car

I think that is no problem - as long as you don't call your wife with the wrong name Shocked
That could be painful green smile
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 09 2009, 23:16

weasley wrote:
espaceman3 wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to buy before my test !!!But did you sit on one before you bought a cat? I ought to at least do that pmsl You've made me feel a bit more sane - only a little Laughing I agree with that back frame thing behind the seat - it does look a bit ugly.

Let me see how I'm fixed over the coming days - we might be able to arrange a sit on mine, but only if the weather's OK and I'm not booked for some other household activities. I'll get back when I know more.

Thanks for the offer , if you're in the area why don't you pop in for a cuppa and hopefully my new bike may have arrived , would value your oppinion.
Cheers John.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 10 2009, 07:59

My mate refuses to name his and just refers to his (and mine!) as 'The Yam' and 'Your Yam' respectively - and your reasoning Toni probably accounts for why some people have assumed i have a kid called Ezmeralda or Ezzy for short!!!!!!! Bet you do secretly call it something [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] maybe we should reinstate the post lol - Neil bought a (was just about to say Tamil Tiger!) Triumph Tiger and didn't get around to naming it quick enough so i nicknamed it The Tamil - he tried to rename it Tony (can't remember if you have Frosties over there Toni but its a breakfast cereal that was advertised by a cartoon tiger called Tony) ....... too late i'd already referred to it too many times in polite company as the Tamil so the Tamil it now is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Toni Thu Dec 10 2009, 08:11

So you don't have a kid called Ezmeralda Question ponder Wink

And your mate obviously didn't want to give his bike a name - he only wanted to avoid that you give it a name he doesn't like :idea: - as a form of self-defence Laughing

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:can't remember if you have Frosties over there

Yes, we have.
But even if the tiger is nearly called like me i am not related to him by birth or marriage Exclamation
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Dec 10 2009, 08:12

Congrats on a great choice of bike....Enjoy!

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down