Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lovely little tootle out today (but scary)

4 posters

Go down

Oops Lovely little tootle out today (but scary)

Post  Snowcat Sun Mar 18 2012, 19:51

So as per my previous threat I got out for a blast today. Story started last night when I decided to set up my suspension. Made notes on all of the current settings then set to work on returning to factory settings just as a base line, everything was miles out and the fork settings didt even match so rectified that and ready to go this morning. Just needed to borrow my mates C spanner, adjusted the shock (again back to factory and good to go) my mate was coming along and I had necessary to adjust the rest along the way as required.

We set off and he had to stop for fuel at which point he changed the route. We hit the M62 supposedly coming off at Jct 22 for a blast over the tops around Hollingworth Lake and Huddersfield. Now my friend is a very inexperienced rider (less than me) so he leads to keep his own comfortable speed (which can be frustrating!!) any way he tends to like to gas it on long straights like motorways and I feel his decisions can be a bit rash (and rushed) so when he swept across 3 lanes of traffic barely indicating to make the junction I figured "well that's me stuck on the motorway til the next jct but free to go it alone a little to test the new set up.

After 2 bends I realised the shock was set up way too soft and I found mysel bouncing round bends, time to pull over and adjust.... Nope speedy gone jct early had the spanner!!! No worries I'll just cope with it and take it easy which I did through Brighouse, Sowerby Bridge, Denshaw, Saddleworth etc, a good 100 miles of semi challenging roads but loved it even though I was fighting the bike half the time. That was the furthest I've gone alone in one hit and definitely the most challenging couple of hours but couldn't have been happier, even a few spots of rain over Saddleworth couldn't dampen (sorry for the pun) my spirit.

Thoroughly loved them couple of hours and can't wait to do it again VERY soon!! Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Oops Re: Lovely little tootle out today (but scary)

Post  Rosco Sun Mar 18 2012, 21:40

Hi Snowcat

Glad to here you enjoyed while enduring it.

Best thing I ever did was replace my suspension. My rear suspension was stuck solid and decided that since original ones seem to be made of chocolate that Hagon was worth a punt as they seemed to have a good name and not too expensive.
Money well spent in my honest opinion.

Hope you can get it adjusted to suit. If it turns out to be made of chocolate then you've heard my advice.

Cheers
Rosco

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sun Mar 18 2012, 21:53

ye p ive got hagon on the kwak good piece of kit
i think i might have a full thunder cat tool kit in the shed as ive been having a spring clean to day
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon Mar 19 2012, 07:56

cards wrote:ye p ive got hagon on the kwak good piece of kit
i think i might have a full thunder cat tool kit in the shed as ive been having a spring clean to day
Would gladly help with the spring cleaning and take that off your hands Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Mar 19 2012, 09:52

You haven't seen his shed Laughing
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon Mar 19 2012, 11:06

Yeah I didn't mean help in the literal sense, more to help make some room by relieving him of the tool kit Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Mar 19 2012, 12:36

damm steve you rumbled me there nearly got the shed cleaned for a tool kit
ok i,l check to make sure its a cat tool kit
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Mon Mar 19 2012, 12:56

Cheers, nice one:)

Steve
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down