Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken baby

+12
alyr1481
MrNutt
'Cat-Man-Do
Rampers
Snowcat
prime
YZFJohn
0ldcat
Rosco
SteveCat
Wooster
thunderstu600
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Broken baby - Page 2 Empty Broken baby

Post  thunderstu600 Wed Mar 20 2013, 23:23

First topic message reminder :

Due to having massive work commitments in London then away for 2 weeks on secondment helping another store I haven't had the time to do my mod 1 n 2. Nor have I had the money since doing cbt and theory until I get my bonus at the end of this month . Booked it today for 3 weeks time. As long as I pay beforehand they'll keep my place open Very Happy

RE : Title of topic. Long story short version...........Asked my Ducati Final Edition M8 to take my girl for a run as she aint been anywhere for a long while,
He said he'll take her to our local big open car park so I could have a go after him. Hmm sounds odd doesn't it....
.....Anyway, he said it's more legal as he'd be riding on the roads on a legal bike and then the cops can't touch me on private land as I'd not be on the roads without a license.

All went really well until 5 minutes before we were about to leave. It had gotten chilly and bam she chewed me up and spat me off. Doing 10mph (honest) no seriously honest. Rear wheel flicked to the right and you can guess the rest.

Damage .1... me first...severely sprained right foot, bruised shoulder, and my chest felt as if I'd been hit by a truck. Oh yeah, my helmet if fooked.
Damage. 2. Pics below,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As you can see I need new fairings, all r/h side, foot rest and mirror, nose cone, oh and a new exhaust. I should have gone with my gut feelings as i'd already thought something was going to go wrong, I didn't think this was going to happen.

Anyways I've been playing on paint, ya know, the old microsoft drawing n painting thing and playing with colour schemes. I really want to get away from red n white. (superstition and all that) Been looking at fairings from Hong Kong on Ebay and wondered what quality and fitment were like. I've read the threads though but just wanted your personal experiences after having them for a while.

My drawing on paint below

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I really like the green and white scheme but a bit too kawasaki wannabe for me and way too expensive to buy the parts and spray

On ebay tho is this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This would still work well with my white wheels.

Sorry it's a bit long and maybe a bit pic happy.

thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 445
Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too
Humour : i'm as serious as everyone else :)
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

Broken baby - Page 2 Empty Re: Broken baby

Post  thunderstu600 Sat Mar 30 2013, 00:04

Went to my local training school to pay for Mods yesterday, All booked for 8-9-11-12th April can;t wait Very Happy

Get Frankensteene fixed up and go for a proper ride

thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Sat Apr 06 2013, 22:54

Ordered a RH foot peg for Frankensteen off fleabay, they sent me a LH, I've fitted it albeit the wrong way round, still facing the right way up though.

Does this matter? or should I tell the seller and get a proper sided one?
thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sat Apr 06 2013, 23:08

Tell the seller, get the propper one, and give feedback accordingly.

Seller "may" have made an error . . . give them the chance to correct . . . or they could be trying it on . . . in which case you have a moral obligation to warn others.

0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  bobh Sat Apr 06 2013, 23:12

The brackets are angled,so I'd expect if you put a r.h. peg in the l.h. bracket the rubber won't be on top.

Also, the peg needs to pivot up and back in the event of the bike going down.

If either of these things is wrong, send it back.
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Sun Apr 07 2013, 01:11

The peg goes up and forward and looks ok but I've messaged the seller anyway, he's apologised loads for the mix up and offered a full refund including postage.
shame tho, I was quite chuffed I got it to fit lol Very Happy

struggled to get screw bolts out of front v plate so stripped all the fairing off as a 1 piece, these are now soaking in wd40 overnight. Frankensteen looked sad without her dress off haha. Once I get her a dress I'll get a pro bolt kit so everythings fresh.

I'll take pics of progress and upload when everythings done.

thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Sun Apr 07 2013, 15:39

having taken off the whole fairing and taking a good look at it all, there seems to be a lot more broken parts than originally thought, grumpy maybe from previous owner, not sure, but my left side is knackered, full of cracks and splits as is the v pieces behind front wheel. it looks as though some of it has been super glued together that's why i couldn't get the screws undone.

The only piece really salvageable is the rear LH fairing and centre piece.

My apologies to Kev, I owe you big time for the mess about.

If it's not one thing it's another with this bike, hopefully everything will go well Tuesday and Friday
soo, this is the 1..
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and if my kit comes by saturday (48 hour delivery) I'll be an even happier man on sunday
thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rampers Sun Apr 07 2013, 16:21

Stu let me know how it is and how easy I'm looking at replacing mine soon
Rampers
Rampers
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 243
Hobbies : In a dead end job, riding ,rugby and being family man
Humour : Last in the que
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Apr 07 2013, 16:53

Good choice, nice colours . . . my second one was that colour, . . Fi's is . . . and to all the red/white/black or blue jobbies out there . . . .the Black/Silver/Gold was voted most popular/best, and fastest, in the original voting back in the earlier days of the forum [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2