Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP - MY ANTIVIRUS THING IS PLAYING UP ......

5 posters

Go down

HELP - MY ANTIVIRUS THING IS PLAYING UP ...... Empty HELP - MY ANTIVIRUS THING IS PLAYING UP ......

Post  Guest Fri Mar 06 2009, 21:22

......my laptop will go out the window shortly.

I'm on vista... security centre has popped up message saying problem with my malware protection! when i go on it it says my antivirus (AVG free bit off the net) is not switched on (it was, it's turned itself off!) when i click 'turn it on' it comes up with the 'programme needs your permission to continue' thing - when i click on the bit saying i trust the programme and 'continue' it takes me back to the now switched on turn it on thing.

I'm going out of my head - i've tried going back to the avg internet page and nothing happens. i've clicked the AVG icon on the desktop and everything is updated and saying all security features are updated and working correctly.

I'm going absolutely bonkers here!!! Evil or Very Mad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

HELP - MY ANTIVIRUS THING IS PLAYING UP ...... Empty Re: HELP - MY ANTIVIRUS THING IS PLAYING UP ......

Post  0ldcat Fri Mar 06 2009, 21:53

Hmm,
How strange. Norton did the self same thing to me today Shocked Question

Norton has an on line help centre diagnostic repair thingy, I know you said you've done all the updates, so had I but still that diagnostic thing-a-ma-bob found sommat to fix.
Try see if your AVG (sorry not familliar with that one) has an online help centre or at the very least a help line you can call for a techie advice chat.

Sorry , can't be any more help than that.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

HELP - MY ANTIVIRUS THING IS PLAYING UP ...... Empty Re: HELP - MY ANTIVIRUS THING IS PLAYING UP ......

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Fri Mar 06 2009, 22:01

Hi Suzie

I had issues with my AVG thingy the other week - it decided not to update. I couldn't get it fixed so I uninstalled it and then downloaded again and reinstalled - it's been fine since - so who knows?!

Good luck... and try not to look at too many dodgy sites whilst it's acting up fnarfnar

Fi girlpower
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 06 2009, 22:09

cheers people. I'd just thought i might try uninstalling it and reinstalling it again. I tried Norton and couldnt get on with it. i had panda on the other computer but it was so good it blocked programmes it wasn't mean to.

Fi do you have the free avg one or have you paid for it? naughty
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Fri Mar 06 2009, 23:08

Do I look like the sort of girl who'd pay for anything?!! Twisted Evil I think not - free one for me fnarfnar

Fi (aka JD) :batman:
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 07 2009, 08:21

well would you adam and eve it = just switched laptop on and it's turned itself back on!! great (the avg antivirus thingummy jig) ponder

And i'd never presume to assume anything you JD you = not since my dad said never assume it makes an ass of u and me. (Mind you, he said that at my first wedding - look where that got me - if i'd listened to him in the first place ....)

anyway, i don't know why but it's working again - i hate technology at times all that fuss for nothing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sat Mar 07 2009, 12:11

That's why they are called Personal Computers - mind of their own.

Not that it is of any help to anyone, I sort out the Virus problem by not running Micro$oft on my machines.

Possibly there has been a MS update and that has broken AVG or made it unstable. Had that problem with a firewall/Anti Virus/dishwasher program after a Windows update a few months back. The solution was, as has been mentioned, a trip to the AV website.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 07 2009, 16:05

Steve I am a woman who uses a lot of technical equipment at work and whose answer to any problems is control/alt/delete - or switch off and on again and deny doing it!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Fri Mar 13 2009, 20:44

Buy a mac......end of your virus worries!!!! :whoop:
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14 2009, 00:07

a big one? Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sun Mar 15 2009, 15:01

mmmm orange juice or coffie deal
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06