Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clutch Meter

2 posters

Go down

Clutch Meter Empty Clutch Meter

Post  SteveCat Mon May 23 2011, 16:50

billyw wrote:
SteveCat wrote:
billyw wrote: a new speedo drive plate (clutch meter), retaining washer and oil seal!

Mine went last year, never heard anyone else with the problem till now - at least the part isn't expensive

Steve - both pins/ lugs that do the driving were sheared off and the lugs which are driven by the wheel were well worn down to about half their width, which I suppose then contributed to the shearing.
Is your speedo drive all metal? I did buy a new/ scrap one in error (i.e. before I had stripped the wheel down to see what the problem was) and it was all nylon inside and the one on my Cat is all metal.

Fraz -sorry to high-jack your thread mate.

Billy

Moved the topic here

The speedo drive pickup was nylon on the earlier models. I had a nylon unit and replaced it with metal when mine packed up, however a few months later the speedo began to operate intermittently. What I didn't know at the time was the lugs on the clutch meter (what sort of name is that!!) wore down and kept bending. Eventually it packed up altogether.
I suspect when the pick unit sheered itself to bits it caused the damage, or might have been done with the repeated front wheel removals.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Clutch Meter Empty Re: Clutch Meter

Post  billyw Mon May 23 2011, 17:57

Cheers for that Steve, hopefully I will be putting it all back together soon!
billyw
billyw
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1098
Hobbies : Teacher/ sports/ music
Humour : As often as possible
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down