Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent

+6
Dai-San
thunderpt
zXSavageXz
mrfrance
weasley
SteveCat
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Southern Ride Out Poll

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  Vote_lcap125%Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  Vote_lcap10%Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  Vote_lcap125%Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  Vote_lcap150%Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  Vote_lcap10%Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  Empty Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent

Post  SteveCat Tue May 17 2011, 17:28

Looking at the possibility of a meet up and optionally a group ride. The invitation isn't limited to the South East and everyone is welcome.

To gauge interest could you post if you'd like to do this and what day of the week (am/pm or both) would suit.
If your location isn't in your profile, if you could indicate roughly where you are.

Stevecat & Pam Yes
MrFrance Yes
eSpaceman3 Yes
R2D2
Firemaster
zXSavageXz
thunderpt
Dai-San

Last edited by SteveCat on Thu Jul 07 2011, 14:48; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : remove the stutter)
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  Empty Re: Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent

Post  Guest Tue May 17 2011, 18:08

Yes please - my job is very flexible so I can do weekend or weekdays.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent  Empty Re: Riders in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berks, Surrey, West & East Sussex and Kent

Post  weasley Tue May 17 2011, 19:03

If my chuffin bike ever works again, I'm interested.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue May 17 2011, 19:12

Oh no Paul, is it still giving problems? My HT problem was more obvious, two cylinders not working so replaced the coil.

Would be great to have the 'twins' on a ride again Very Happy

Thanks John, 4 so far .. looking good
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Thu May 19 2011, 20:52

I'm well up for it! Im available most weekends with plenty of notice but work office ours during week so only available evenings... weekend preferable! Very Happy
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  zXSavageXz Fri May 20 2011, 17:52

Hey!!!!! ride out in south east sounds great, just starting new job on 6th June so no idea about availability tho :( Pick a date and i'll try my hardest to get there Very Happy

Richard.
zXSavageXz
zXSavageXz
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 37
Hobbies : Anything to do with my bike or that gets me out in the sun
Humour : unique and unappreciated
Registration date : 2011-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderpt Sat May 21 2011, 19:13

I'm always up for a ride out

Weekends generally best for me, although now the lighter evenings are here that's always a possibility
thunderpt
thunderpt
1Bronze
1Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sat May 21 2011, 20:03

That's great, will look at this after the Germany and Wales ride-outs.

Weekends look good for everyone.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Jun 21 2011, 16:10

I think its time to arrange a rideout for us southerners!!!!! Very Happy
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Jun 21 2011, 17:25

Wow, engines' barely cooled from BC. Cool

OK so now we have to agree a day. (don't give choices Steve) Is the 9th July too soon?

The other small issue is where do we go? Rolling Eyes I'm inclined to start sniffing out some routes suitable for a possible thundercat group ride-out, so many counties where do we start? (I'll never learn, will I?)
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Jun 21 2011, 17:42

Never too soon!! Im raring to go Very Happy ...In terms of where? I'm probably the wrong person to ask as my riding road knowledge only goes as far as southampton ( and now wales Very Happy ) I am happy too meet anywhere, I certainly won't be bringing a backpack this time! Mad
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 21 2011, 17:45

If it's a weekend and I'm free, count me in!

I may not be free on the 9th July, I have to be in Swindon at 7pm so could only do the morning/early afternoon. If it's a big ride I can try and shift things around though!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Tue Jun 21 2011, 18:32

I'll check with my social secretary. If I'm free I'm up for it. I fancy seeing the seaside.... rarely see the sea!
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 21 2011, 22:51

I'm up for it .Steve let me know if you need help organising it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dai-San Wed Jun 22 2011, 00:22

Count me in (being a southerner). Will be nice hearing normal accents again. I AM NOT A STOKE LAD (hate the bloody place).
Dai-San
Dai-San
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 338
Hobbies : IT
Humour : I work in IT, am I allowed Humour?
Registration date : 2011-04-10

http://www.dai-san.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Jun 22 2011, 16:54

Good response, good to see, thanks.

The 9th may be a problem for some, so maybe the 16th is a better option.

Have roughly plotted part of a route, thanks to OldCat for mentioning the A272. I have done different parts of it over time, but still managed to forget the name slap'ed (possibly because I got a puncture on it a year or two ago )

Many claim this is the best road in the region, and I rather like it. Following just about the full length of the A272 from Loomies Cafe ( a bike meet near West Meon ) via Petersfield, Midhurst, Petworth, Billingshurst and Haywards Heath. From here we can either go down to Brighton and return or if we like a slightly 'longer' ride go onto Heathfield and then down to Eastbourne / Beechy Head (please, no jumping) and then return (not figured the return bit yet). I am planning on doing a recce this Saturday to make sure it's OK.

However you may prefer to go West instead of East

To get an idea if I'm heading in the right direction, I have put a poll up at the top of the first post and would appreciate if you could fill it out.

Thanks
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 23 2011, 08:51

SteveCat wrote:The 9th may be a problem for some, so maybe the 16th is a better option.

Thanks

How did you come to that conclusion ?LOL Your Barometer is 50/50 for both dates - or did I miss something ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  firemaster Thu Jun 23 2011, 09:07

im looking to get myself along for this one
firemaster
firemaster
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 305
Hobbies : I.T/Retained FireFighter
Humour : Dont make i laff
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Thu Jun 23 2011, 09:48

Gaaah! Neither date good for me - go ahead without me and try to enjoy it anyway. Wink
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Jun 23 2011, 10:28

espaceman3 wrote:How did you come to that conclusion ?

Elementary my dear Watson, I read the posts and as a result put up the poll Cool

espaceman3 wrote:Your Barometer is 50/50 for both dates - or did I miss something ?

Aah, maybe I'm missing something - the way I read it is there are 2 votes for the 9th (at time of writing this).
I only put the poll up yesterday, so do need to allow time for people to work out their schedules and place their preference.

The route will be about 170 miles starting and finishing at Loomies, you also need to add the distance you need to get to and from the cafe. If folk think this is going to be too far please let me know, I'd rather adjust the route than people not coming along.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Jun 23 2011, 11:17

Oh no sorry to hear that Paul, maybe if it is good enough we can put it on the calendar next year and make a weekend of it.

It's a fair ol' distance for you Bryan, but would be fantastic if you could make it. My southern accent may be too southern though Smile

Hopefully you can make it Firemaster
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri Jul 01 2011, 14:16

How are we getting on with this? Folk know if they'll be able to join us yet?

The route in Google Earth to possibly pique some interest.

The video starts from about an hour into the ride, sorry the quality isn't good the camera hasn't recovered from getting a few showers in Wales.

Planning on having lunch at Wessons Cafe, I still need to recce the place out, and sincerely hope it is better than their website. Maybe being voted one of the top 5 bikers cafe's means they don't have to be flash online.

Wadda think? Still interested?
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Fri Jul 01 2011, 16:04

Im still in Very Happy
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Thu Jul 07 2011, 12:50

Weather is looking to be ok for the saturday so I'm still raring to go! Very Happy
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 07 2011, 13:06

Me too, see you at Loonies :-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next