Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready to ride gimme some good weather.

+6
SteveCat
andyb
Panzerbuilder
MevsyD
ellie
yamahamad
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ready to ride gimme some good weather. - Page 2 Empty Ready to ride gimme some good weather.

Post  yamahamad Thu Mar 04 2010, 21:16

First topic message reminder :

Just spent a fairly cold couple of hours in the garage doing final jobs & checks. Replaced the fuel filter, Had a look at the air filter but decided to leave it as i cleaned & reoiled it middle of summer last year so it has only seen around 1000 miles at the most. Wax polished as much of the frame as i could get to with the tank off. Refit the battery which has been keeping warm in the house all winter & removed the screen & dash trims to replace another speedo bulb which has gone. All that is left to do oil & filter to change after the first ride out & change the brake fluid. Anyway bring on some dry slightly warmer weather as i am desperate to ride as i am sure all you guys are.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Ready to ride gimme some good weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ready to ride gimme some good weather.

Post  yamahamad Sat Mar 06 2010, 19:11

mevsyd are you still thinking of getting out tomorrow? I have just finished putting the bike back together & not ridden it yet. I am thinking of not going too far until i know i tightened everything up so nothing will fall off or leak. Was thinking of going to otley cafe for breakfast then ride out to settle & maybe to devils bridge. Let me know if u fancy meeting up. Probably wait till the sun has melted the frost & set of at 10ish.

yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Back to top Go down

Ready to ride gimme some good weather. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ready to ride gimme some good weather.

Post  Guest Sat Mar 06 2010, 19:17

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:lovely weather here today so this afternoon i had a wee jaunt out on Ezzy

Initially I read this as "lovely weather here today so this afternoon i had a wee on Ezzy" shit happens
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Sat Mar 06 2010, 19:25

Tbh she's probably done that as well John! affraid Well at least I got out for a blast on the Ace this morning - wooo hoooo - and aiming for another one tomorrow on the Cat this time - bloody salt is still hellish up here though - so hours of cleaning afterwards - snore! wall

Wish I was a tad nearer you guys (Yamahamad/MevsyD)...I'd have blatted down and met you somewhere..... maybe when the weather gets warmer Twisted Evil

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Sat Mar 06 2010, 20:31

Wish I was a tad nearer you guys (Yamahamad/MevsyD)...I'd have blatted down and met you somewhere..... maybe when the weather gets warmer Twisted Evil

Fi girl_witch [/color][/font][/quote]

That would be good.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 06 2010, 20:58

we'll have to do a Fridaythorpe meet up again Fi ..... and as for weeing on Ezzy ........ i've come close on occasion but managed to hold on green smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Sat Mar 06 2010, 22:32

Good idea Suzie.... we could try and go the last weekend in April again - same as last year - or I'm happy to venture out either before or after as long as the snow isn't about. Maybe I can meet up with a few of the more Northern Cats and we can come down en mass? I'll be there though, even if it's only the two of us.... it only seems right :down:

So just give me a shout and I'll get organised - can always try and get a few LMs on the way there/back too if we wait til April :bounce:

And I promise when the weather gets a bit warmer I'll take a jaunt down to catch up with MevsyD and Yamahamad clappy

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 06 2010, 23:17

Wild-Kat-Wolf wrote:I'll be there though, even if it's only the two of us.... it only seems right :down:

So just give me a shout and I'll get organised

Think it'll prob be the first weekend in May or thereabouts that i'm off - let you know for deffo and we'll meet up and have a butty on Nick :down: we may be a week late but i'm sure he wouldn't mind
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 06 2010, 23:22

Ok what is "Fridaythorpe" ? It's like learning a new language in here Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 06 2010, 23:42

espaceman3 wrote:Ok what is "Fridaythorpe" ? It's like learning a new language in here Very Happy

Sorry chuck - private chat on public forum Rolling Eyes i've pm'd you Smile
Last year end april time we met up at Seaways .... Fi and I were thinking of doing it again around about same time for a big bacon butty Very Happy (and some landmarks to boot Laughing )
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sun Mar 07 2010, 08:05

espaceman3 wrote: we're going to Box Hill , my first time NOT riding alone green smile

Pity I'm having to go to The Ace Cafe today, otherwise might have met you at Box - enjoy.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Sun Mar 07 2010, 09:03

Cracking breakfast at seaways.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Sun Mar 07 2010, 12:48

Just got back after a good little blast. Sorry yamahanad, I didn't see your message until just now. |Bit cold for a long one anyway...
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sun Mar 07 2010, 13:08

just back in wow nice & sunny but a tad on the cold side
don o is a right mess can,t see it beening ready for any racing even if they get a buyer this year
now to put the back rack on the bike ready for the mother day ride at wooten basset
excided or what roll on next sunday
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sun Mar 07 2010, 17:14

OMG! This forum takes some keeping up with.......Good to see its so busy.

Thats the problem with having a life too!

Sherburn is a lovely meet up point too..great food and an even better shop at the back!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Sun Mar 07 2010, 20:01

Well i did get out for a bloody cold 60 mile ride. Headed out to skipton & over the moors through bolton abbey. Had to stop because i could not cope with the cold in my fingers. Stopped at blubberhouses moor to defrost my gloves.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Headed off again after a smoke & 5 minute finger wiggle (good job i am not a girl or could sound rude) After blubberhouses there is a long & fairly steep winding descent where i see a sign saying flood. Not too much of a problem apart from it is sheet ice for a fairly long distance & on a bend at 60 ish mph. I managed to not let my brain apply the brakes & luckily got through it upright. Stopped at otley cafe for breakfast but the scooter boys (old men) had just arrived before me around 20 or so & a full breakfast would have been 30 mins so just had a brew. Got home & realised another couple of hours cleaning were required.

Spent a cold couple of hours hosing, washing & leathering & left her in the late afternoon sun to dry.

Its a shame we did not meet up mevs. Maybe next weekend.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Sun Mar 07 2010, 20:27

Argh - well done on not binning it on the sheet ice affraid And she's looking spotless again after all you're cleaning - if you're ever short of something to do I could at least provide a nice bucket of warm water if you fancied washing my bikes heheheeh yeah I know... f*ck off eh? Well it was worth a try....!

Glad you had a good time and glad you defrosted your gloves... without melting them! whistle

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Sun Mar 07 2010, 21:59

I know all the spots on your ride as it is right on my doorstep.. Hopefully nexy weekend? Bit warmer then perhaps...Bbbbrrrrr..
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Mar 08 2010, 19:39

This time last year I did the Ace and back in one day with not too much frostbite, the spring seems to be taking a bit of getting started this year!!
ponder
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 08 2010, 20:41

ellie wrote:This time last year I did the Ace and back in one day
ponder

how long does it normally take you ????? pmsl
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Mar 08 2010, 21:07

It was a bloomin long day Suzie...one of my first rideouts after passing my test too.

Bit dissappointed TBH, its a bit of a dump, but loved seeing Wembley!!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Mon Mar 08 2010, 21:51

ellie wrote:
Bit dissappointed TBH, its a bit of a dump, but loved seeing Wembley!!

What, Ace? Can't see what people rave about, hate getting there and hate it even more when I get off the bike.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Mar 08 2010, 21:53

I agree Steve, very dissappointing!!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Ready to ride gimme some good weather. - Page 2 Empty Out of mothballs

Post  Slow and Wobbly Mon Mar 08 2010, 22:25

Saturday was the best day of the year, pulled the bike out of the covers checked it over started her up, and away we go..only went a few miles to the garage....for fork seals and post winter checks and MOT.....bring on the sunshine its time to play. anyone else bringing the cat back to life ? :whoop:
Slow and Wobbly
Slow and Wobbly
1Bronze
1Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 8
Hobbies : Need one
Humour : pi** taker lol
Registration date : 2009-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 08 2010, 23:55

SteveCat wrote:
espaceman3 wrote: we're going to Box Hill , my first time NOT riding alone green smile

Pity I'm having to go to The Ace Cafe today, otherwise might have met you at Box - enjoy.
Hi Steve , funnily enough I was thinking of you because it can't be a million miles away from you . Next time I go shall I give you a shout ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 08 2010, 23:56

espaceman3 wrote:
SteveCat wrote:

Hi Steve , funnily enough I was thinking of you because it can't be a million miles away from you . Next time I go shall I give you a shout ?

Oh and BTW way is the Ace Cafe ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Mar 09 2010, 09:56

espaceman3 wrote:Oh and BTW way is the Ace Cafe ?

Its on the North Circular not far from the Hanger Lane Gyratory and Wembley.

Google Maps Strret View, move a bit up the road and you'll see the front of the place.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next