Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 days and counting,time to get her ready

+2
yamahamad
littlecat
6 posters

Go down

7 days and counting,time to get her ready Empty 7 days and counting,time to get her ready

Post  littlecat Fri May 20 2011, 12:15

right , 7 days to mod 2....assuming i pass , i will want to be out next weekend, so what should i be doing to the 'Cat this week while im waiting.
she's new to me , so i dont know whats been done recently,although she starts fine, sounds ok, and looks in bloody good nick.
obviously i will lube the chain( thats easy even for me lol), but what else can i be checking/sorting , prior to getting her out on the road.
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 535
Hobbies : artist
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

7 days and counting,time to get her ready Empty Re: 7 days and counting,time to get her ready

Post  yamahamad Fri May 20 2011, 13:05

Check the chain tension when lubing it, check engine oil level, coolant level & tyre pressures. Good luck on the test.
Paul.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

7 days and counting,time to get her ready Empty Re: 7 days and counting,time to get her ready

Post  0ldcat Fri May 20 2011, 13:12

Tax, MoT, Insurance ? fuel, lights and blinkers working, hooter working, tyre pressures correct, Tyres in good order ? Oil and coolant topped up, chain tension correct, and make sure the front brake calipers are not sticking ~ which they can do if the bike hasn't moved for some time.
Give her/him/it a bit of TLC in the warm soapy water and chamois and Mr Sheen Dept Smile

Other than that you're (apart from the pass cert) good to go great

NB: TOP TIP - When you have you're pass certificate . . . Take a photo copy of it and fablon it (the copy) and Keep it in a safe file with all your other Doc's FOREVER ! Before sending it off for your full licence.
DVLA have this habbit of loosing peoples entitlement to ride a bike (ie test pass) YEARS after the fact.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri May 20 2011, 13:27

We had a hooter tester on here a while back but a restraining order is now in place so you'll have to do that yourself Wink
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri May 20 2011, 14:17

We had a hooter tester on here a while back but a restraining order is now in place

Hooters Test???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri May 20 2011, 15:59

now there what i call speed HUMPS naughty
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down