Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help the heroes ride at wootton basset

+9
Rosco
yamahamad
strag
SteveCat
0ldcat
G
wambo
ellie
kwakkat
13 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

help the heroes ride at  wootton basset - Page 3 Empty help the heroes ride at wootton basset

Post  kwakkat Wed Jan 20 2010, 06:39

First topic message reminder :

guys & gals just picked this thread up from the 2 wheels site
on the 14th march there is going to be a bike ride for help the heroes though wooden basset to the RAF station at lyneham with all funds going to the help the heroes it will cost £5 for the wristband which will allow entry to the RAF station the meeting place for the start of the ride is jun17 M4 eastbound at leigh delamere for anyone wanting to go i will be going its a sunday
pete

Last edited by cards on Thu Feb 11 2010, 17:41; edited 1 time in total
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

help the heroes ride at  wootton basset - Page 3 Empty Re: help the heroes ride at wootton basset

Post  kwakkat Sun Feb 07 2010, 16:12

right guys there is a meeting between the organizers & the authorities on monday about the ride out
Rumuors have it that the RAF station & the town can,t handle the amout of peaple turning up
& it might be switched to some where nearby that can handle it
but nothing set in stone
until the meeting tomorrow so hold on to your hats
as soon as i or any 1 else knows i will post it on here
pete .

kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

help the heroes ride at  wootton basset - Page 3 Empty Re: help the heroes ride at wootton basset

Post  Guest Mon Feb 08 2010, 19:37

apparently (according to one of the organisers on FB) the update will be at 2030 this evening!!! God i hope it doesn't crash under all the hits lmao
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 08 2010, 20:32

here's the update ............

After the meeting today with the authorities and the unprecedented response from the biking community we have been asked to close registration one week early. It will unfortunately NOT be re-opening.
We would like to reassure everyone that the ride IS GOING AHEAD WITH the FULL suppo...rt of the police and local authorities. We have spoken to a few local businesses who are all looking forward to the day. ALL bikes will be riding through Wootton Bassett no matter what you may have heard.
Plan details re: routes, times, wristbands, will be made available in document format soon. We have another meeting with the police next week to discuss the finer details.
We can confirm that we will NOT be riding on any stretches of the motorway.

We would like to apologise to anybody who has not registered however wanted to join us, we thank everybody for their patience and support.Thank you for your patience!
Lizzie, Daniel & Julia
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue Feb 09 2010, 00:52

thanks suzie thats good news roll on march 14th
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Feb 09 2010, 15:02

You said that without even moving your lips Pete!!

Can't wait, booked the hotel with pub attached...but of course...just need to bring some Cyprus weather back with me for the day!!!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 09 2010, 16:23

cards wrote:
as soon as i or any 1 else knows i will post it on here
pete .
I'm the any 1 else green smile i've even memorised what he wants from the bar in case i'm there before him! clink
T-shirt ordered - still don't know how they propose to give out all the wrist bands on the day so we'll wait and see if anything else materialises.
Ermmmm Pete - will you be taking tape? ......... will Ezz be alright????? She doesn't like sitting idling for long before the heat goes up which in turn means my thighs get hot!! Is that because she's only small or does everyones do that?? (Bike i mean not thighs obviously!)
I'm a bit worried that she'll overheat so ...... any suggestions? (or do i just switch her off!)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue Feb 09 2010, 20:54

cats often run hot while at idle fan should cut in about 104 degrees all that fairing & that will only drop into the low 90s then off again while you stopped for any lengh of time like waiting for the off on the ride out switch off the kwak gets to 102 before the fan cuts in but drops to about 86 just check the coolant levels ok
lyt at the ready might even be lrt instead
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 09 2010, 21:35

cards wrote: just check the coolant levels ok
lyt at the ready might even be lrt instead
pete

she's going for mot/service beforehand (well, assuming i manage to get her out the blooming garage that is - so least that side of things taken care of and so long as you have the lyt - in fact lrt will suit her better ... i'll rest relatively easy lol - i'd noticed she doesn't like sitting for long she's got me worried in the past as i thought the fan was late cutting in but obviously not then. I'll just have to try and not burn my thighs on her!!! (mind you, if its as cold as it has been that'll be the least of my worries Laughing )
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Tue Feb 09 2010, 21:39

Yes pete is correct the cat heats up right past 100 b4 the fan cuts in.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Feb 09 2010, 22:01

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:
I'm a bit worried that she'll overheat so ...... any suggestions? (or do i just switch her off!)

Wouldn't worry, mine does the same. I have thought of writing 'London' over the red zone - I know I'm close when the needle goes over 100.

You'll find all the bikes will be hot on the ride, some will be hotter than your 'Cat. I've seen this whilst marshalling various rides through the capital. Sadly for some owners it has ended in overheated bikes. As long as your cooling system is in order, you'll be OK.
If you are worried, keep an eye on the gauge when the fan kicks in - if it continues to go up pull over and kill the engine .
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5110
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue Feb 09 2010, 22:53

SUZIE steve means switch the engine off NOT SHOOT IT jesus that was close steve what ever was you thinking of when you told suzie to kill the engine
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 10 2010, 07:38

Does that mean i have to lock the gun back up in the cabinet Crying or Very sad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Wed Feb 10 2010, 13:43

yes Suzie put it away there's a good girl
guys never ever tell Suzie you die for a drink because you most probably will pmsl
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 10 2010, 20:48

Are you on a bloody roll tonight or what link Laughing just make sure you don't ask me to get you a cappucino ... i may be tempted to make the froth myself pmsl
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wambo Wed Feb 10 2010, 21:30

Elizabeth Stevens, We have had it confirmed that RAF Lyneham cannot cope with the numbers now that have shown their support. They still fully support the ride. We are looking at several bases at present and when things are confirmed I will let you know. really Very Happy
wambo
wambo
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 107
Hobbies : Beer and Birds Oh smashing
Humour : a bit twisted, but always take the P out myself
Registration date : 2009-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Feb 10 2010, 23:31

Looking like Pam and I will be able to make this.

As I mentioned it's my birfday on Sunday, anyone up to organising a 'decent bash' Saturday night?

Will be there as marshals on the day.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Feb 11 2010, 00:20

SteveCat wrote:As I mentioned it's my birfday on Sunday

The postman must think you're the local stud with all those cards arriving for valentines day.

Hope you enjoy the birthday ride Wink

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6662
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 11 2010, 21:10

Am a Wiltshire local (or is that "yokel") at weekends so am definitely going to this - not sure if I'm going "with" anyone in particular except the GF and her uncle, but might hook up with youse lot just for a bit of banter. If not, keep an eye out for me and give me a poke if you see me Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri Feb 12 2010, 10:14

Also in the Travel Lodge, had to pay the price of procrastination though - room prices have shot up :(
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri Feb 12 2010, 19:57

when i signed up for the ride number 1254 booked the travel lodge at the same time wonder what i,d get it for on the good old feabay now
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 12 2010, 20:17

if half the discussion threads are to be believed pete not much! I am however beginning to wonder how big this travel lodge is as there seems to be an awful lot of people staying in it!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  andyb Mon Feb 15 2010, 08:53

I was going to this, 4 fantasic years I spent I lyneham, however, I'm working now, not impressed Shocked
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 389
Hobbies : Armed forces/ sport and bikes
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 15 2010, 15:14

Yeah, well, if its any consolation andy it seems to be turning a bit farcical - don't know where we are going from and to but we know where we're not ending up ..... and that's Lyneham!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Feb 15 2010, 18:12

been reading the replies on the help the heroes Q&A
there's a lot of i,m going on this registered or not
which in turn just might get this ride out rally pulled by the authorities
which will please that part of the public
who will say told you them biker,s are all the same nothing but trouble wall
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  andyb Mon Feb 15 2010, 18:22

I heard the local authorities were having another meeting about it today, I reckon it's gonna be a victim of it's own success! Shame really!
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 389
Hobbies : Armed forces/ sport and bikes
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 15 2010, 18:59

what i hadn't realised was, when you read one of the discussion threads, apparently they knew from the outset they couldn't have more than 2000 for Lyneham so why didn't they just keep the registration open until 2000 had signed up? I really don't know how they are going to manage to take £5 from 10000 people on the day or how they will know if those ones had actually registered in the first place?? I'd have thought as people have registered and they're apparently going to use the list of those that have registered on the day - it would be easier to ask for them to pay the fiver in advance and send them out - how do they know if turned up before Pete that i wasn't him!! (Well, would be no point in me pretending to be him a) i'm nicer looking b) so is my bike Cool and c) he's likely to be in front of me in the queue!!) But when you read the Afghan Heroes site it says about them doing the first come first served 10000 bikes on the day using the list of those that have already registered but i just don't see how they can stop others turning up or have the time to consult their list!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next