Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Testing the water - Cotswold ride-out

+8
Eddie990
Radar
stretchie_
Rosco
0ldcat
SteveCat
morgy
weasley
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Testing the water - Cotswold ride-out - Page 2 Empty Testing the water - Cotswold ride-out

Post  weasley Thu Sep 17 2009, 20:35

First topic message reminder :

OK, after the ToL I felt embarrassed that all I ever do is go to someone else's ride-out and never my own. I also know that I moan about the roads down here being pants in comparison to Wales/Peak District/Lincolnshire/anywhere else. However, I recently took a bit of time to study a map and started thinking I might just be able to squeeze out a half-decent day-long ride in the Oxon/Gloucs/Berks area, taking in the Cotswolds, Lambourn Downs and so on.

Right now this is nothing more than a theoretical exercise, but if I were to come up with a route and if I could find a slot in the hectic Thundercat calendar next year, would anybody come?

Let's, for the sake of argument, say it might be based in/around Burford in Oxon - there are a few places to stay and eat/drink (although I have no idea if they accept sweaty bikers as readily as they accept sweaty American tourists). I live in Reading but grew up in the suggested area so know it fairly well. I have a few ideas for places to include on a route, but if anyone wants to make any suggestions they are more than welcome.

Be warned, you won't find towering hills or endless valleys, more likely towering horseboxes and endless traffic, but if you fancy a peek at a different part of the country, y'never know - might be OK...?

All's I need now is a humorous and memorable name for the (theoretical) ride-out...
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Testing the water - Cotswold ride-out - Page 2 Empty Re: Testing the water - Cotswold ride-out

Post  Radar Sat Mar 06 2010, 16:23

Me too

Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Testing the water - Cotswold ride-out - Page 2 Empty Re: Testing the water - Cotswold ride-out

Post  weasley Sat Mar 06 2010, 22:19

Sorry guys - been a bit busy. I'm ready to roll in terms of the bike, but need to get myself in gear. Like I said above, it's less likely I'll actually organise this now, given the condition of the missus, but am still up for an exploratory ride about the place to see if such a ride would be feasible. Having also just bought a greenlaner I have to be careful with my smartie points and not blow them all in one go! Feel free to sort it out without me if I'm dragging my heels.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sun Mar 07 2010, 17:06

given the condition of the missus

Hope everythings OK Paul x
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Sun Mar 07 2010, 22:25

Thanks Ellie,

I thought I said in this thread but it must have been another one - we're expecting our 2nd on 7 July (ish) so time away will be limited for a while. All fine ok though, thanks for asking.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Toni Mon Mar 08 2010, 12:38

weasley wrote:we're expecting our 2nd on 7 July

Great great

So enjoy the Eifel run - it is not much time left until you have less time Rolling Eyes Wink
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.thundercat-club.de

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Mar 08 2010, 14:38

Congratulations! great clink :bounce:
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 08 2010, 15:07

Congrats on the imminent arrival Very Happy

I have to admit I've never organised a run like this, but am happy to give it a go, do some recce runs and try to plot a not-too-rubbish route. I'll be living in the area soon enough and will have a fair bit of time on my hands, but any tips on roads/destinations/dates/etc gratefully received.

Chris
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Mar 08 2010, 16:13

Sounds brill........Any idea when your looking at doing the rideout??
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 08 2010, 18:49

No idea, will have to take a look at the already-rather-full calendar and see when's available.

Obviously the ride's only going to work if people are able to come, so when do other people suggest?

Chris
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2