Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

East Anglia ride out & BBQ, Sunday 16th August

+3
kwakkat
0ldcat
bignige
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

East Anglia ride out & BBQ, Sunday 16th August - Page 2 Empty East Anglia ride out & BBQ, Sunday 16th August

Post  bignige Fri Jun 05 2009, 21:08

First topic message reminder :

Our Local landlord & his good lady (both active Motorcyclists) are holding a bikers BBQ on the afternoon of Sunday 16th August & have asked me to do a ride out before hand.
We will be starting at about 10:00am for a run of of approx 120 miles round some of the best roads Lincolnshire has to offer.
We will return to the pub for the BBQ at around 3.00 pm.
All proffits will go to the Air Ambulance, Several bike groups inc, Triumph owners club, SV1000, Wilshire possie & local bikers have been invited & so far numbers are already around 50 so we expecting this to be a good way to spend a Sunday & raise a few quid for charity.
As it's a Sunday we're thinking the more local Thundercat owners may be interested, not expecting too many folks from the ends of the country however any Forum member who wants to join us will be very welcome.
(postcode PE12 7NJ will give you a rough idea of the area - within 5 miles)
PM me if your coming / intersested & any questions.
regards Nige
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 112
Hobbies : Pies, Beer n Bikes
Humour : The Beatings will continue until Morale improves !
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

East Anglia ride out & BBQ, Sunday 16th August - Page 2 Empty Re: East Anglia ride out & BBQ, Sunday 16th August

Post  robertcains Wed Aug 05 2009, 13:41

1. Ellie (if the bikes fixed)
2. Ezzy's Mum! (+ Neil ?)
3. 0ldcat + Co-Pilot
4. Bandit + Co-Pilot
5. Cards + Co-Pilot (if bike ok after big mac)
6. Deso (if weather kind)
7. Robertcains (if weather kind & I've managed to source parts & repair Ellies bike in time)

robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2160
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

East Anglia ride out & BBQ, Sunday 16th August - Page 2 Empty Re: East Anglia ride out & BBQ, Sunday 16th August

Post  Deso Wed Aug 05 2009, 20:42

Looking forward to this if it's dry. I've been down where the A16 meets the A17, but not ridden the roads planned for the ride.
Deso
Deso
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 74
Hobbies : Driving Instructor/ Bikes
Humour : I have a bit
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 05 2009, 21:26

nige,

i'll see you at algarkirk with nigel mac and co (and whoever from here is going) that way i can crawl out of bed 5 minutes beforehand Smile
will let you know for def about neil although in any event he's vegetarian so he'll not be eating much at the bar-b-q Laughing
mayhap see you before then anyway although shifts wrong again at the mo for tues evenings Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Thu Aug 06 2009, 07:39

Deso wrote:Looking forward to this if it's dry. I've been down where the A16 meets the A17, but not ridden the roads planned for the ride.

Will be good to see you - hoping not much rain left after last night !

Only a tichy liitle way is on the A17 the rest is all good stuff !
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Aug 09 2009, 19:11

Update:

2. Ezzy's Mum! (+ Neil ?)
3. 0ldcat + Co-Pilot
4. Bandit + Co-Pilot
5. Cards + Co-Pilot (if bike ok after big mac)
6. Deso (if weather kind)
7. Robertcains (if weather kind & I've managed to source parts & repair Ellies bike in time)
8. SV650 + Co-Pilot
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 09 2009, 21:22

2. 0ldcat + Co-Pilot
3. Bandit + Co-Pilot
4. Cards + Co-Pilot (if bike ok after big mac)
5. Deso (if weather kind)
6. Robertcains (if weather kind & I've managed to source parts & repair Ellies bike in time)
7. SV650 + Co-Pilot

ADMIN EDIT:

Take it from the omission of ezzys mum + 1 other . . . . you're no longer attending ??? suzie scratch ???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri Aug 14 2009, 00:26

Bike now fixed, but won't make the ride-out, but hopefully be their in time for the barbie............

Clap :whoop: :bounce:

Ellie xxx girl_crazy
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14 2009, 07:42

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:1. Ellie (if the bikes fixed)
2. 0ldcat + Co-Pilot
3. Bandit + Co-Pilot
4. Cards + Co-Pilot (if bike ok after big mac)
5. Deso (if weather kind)
6. Robertcains (if weather kind & I've managed to source parts & repair Ellies bike in time)
7. SV650 + Co-Pilot

ADMIN EDIT:

Take it from the omission of ezzys mum + 1 other . . . . you're no longer attending ??? suzie scratch ???

no i'm not
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

East Anglia ride out & BBQ, Sunday 16th August - Page 2 Empty rideout

Post  modelmaker29 Fri Aug 14 2009, 17:47

Add one more to the rideout and I will be at the pub at 8.45 god thats early for a sunday
modelmaker29
modelmaker29
1Bronze
1Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 7
Hobbies : Truck Driver
Humour : Warped
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Aug 14 2009, 21:18

Latest (guesstimate) list

1. 0ldcat + Co-Pilot
2. Bandit + Co-Pilot
3. Cards + Co-Pilot (if bike ok after big mac)
4. Deso (if weather kind)
5. SV650 + Co-Pilot
6. Modelmaker29

Ellie possibly for the bbq (TBC)
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Aug 14 2009, 21:25

modelmaker29 wrote: I will be at the pub at 8.45 god thats early for a sunday
Oh Yeah, tell me. Were starting out at 7:15am just to get to the start point Shocked
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

East Anglia ride out & BBQ, Sunday 16th August - Page 2 Empty Thanks

Post  0ldcat Wed Aug 19 2009, 11:05

To BigNige

For organising and running this event. It seemed well supported with a good turn-out from the 3 clubs was it ?

Sorry I couldn't see it through to the end, but the wee mishap needed seeing too as I'm sure you realise.
All ended well on that score , if a tiny bit late into the evening Neutral . Thanks to all who helped at the roadside great

I understand you managed to raise a goodly sum of dosh for the Air Ambulance at the post ride-out BBQ . . . . . . Well done you and thanks to all the donators.

If you do another one of these events please post it up again and I'm sure we can drum up a bit more support next time around What a Face

Cheers clink
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Wed Aug 19 2009, 13:17

Hi Tel, & thanks & yes it was a huge shame you had to leave us early

We were delighted with the nearly £700.00 raised for the air ambulance & the turnout, weather was also fantastic.

We had bikers from SV1000, Triumph Rat yak, CBF1000, Boston IAM & several pub locals & mates.
Also had lot just turn up at the pub for the BBQ band & raffle on classics (& cars) etc & some non bikers in the pub donated.

Result was so good & so many positive coments we may do it again next year ?? & if so will look to do better !

Pleased with the goodwill & atmosphere throughout the day & the way everyone pulled together at the scene of the spill & when I had to leave the group at Colsterworth.

Just gutted someone had an off, no one was bothered by the slightly adjusted schedule & ride plan but obviously there was massive concern about the couple's well being - good it was at slow speed & everyone is pleased they got away without being seriously hurt.

If we do it again next year I'll post up an Invite, cheers Nige
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2