Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your preferred Accomodation?

4 posters

Go down

What type of accomodation would you prefer for the trip?

What's your preferred Accomodation? Vote_lcap140%What's your preferred Accomodation? Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
What's your preferred Accomodation? Vote_lcap150%What's your preferred Accomodation? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 5 ]
What's your preferred Accomodation? Vote_lcap10%What's your preferred Accomodation? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What's your preferred Accomodation? Vote_lcap110%What's your preferred Accomodation? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
What's your preferred Accomodation? Vote_lcap10%What's your preferred Accomodation? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

What's your preferred Accomodation? Empty What's your preferred Accomodation?

Post  BlueZed Fri Jul 05 2013, 19:41

Before I start making inquiries and booking anything I need to know what the accommodation of choice would be.

Obviously there are lots of options so I'd like this poll to give an indication what type to investigate further.

Once I have an idea of what to look for and rough numbers I'll start getting quotes and let you make the final choice. great

About the options...

• Hotel could be something like the Hotel Forsthaus that some of you have stayed in already. Probably could get separate rooms for everyone including breakfast, half-board or full-board depending on preference.
  • Guesthouse/B&B could be similar to Sliders Guesthouse. Plenty of space for everyone but might require sharing rooms and usually only includes breakfast.
  • Campsite could be like this which also has apartments on site for those who don't want to actually camp. Would be self-catering obviously.
  • Renting a whole house for the week could be something like this or this. Should offer enough room for everyone to have separate rooms. Would mean self-catering though.
  • "I'd rather sort it out myself" is pretty self explanatory...

I'll let this poll run for 60 days, you can select several options and you can change your mind and cancel your vote during that time.

However, if there's a clear majority choice before the poll ends I'll stop it early and start making inquiries.

Feel free to offer other/more suggestion or recommendations on actual places to stay left thumb up 

Happy voting Very Happy
BlueZed
BlueZed
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 317
Hobbies : Space cadet
Humour : NEIN!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

What's your preferred Accomodation? Empty Re: What's your preferred Accomodation?

Post  bobh Mon Jul 08 2013, 23:45

I've been to the Ring a couple of times and stayed at:

http://www.pension-muehlenhardt.de/

Very biker-friendly, large garage to keep bikes under cover, cheap and unbelievably tiny bar bill, considering the stack of empties round the back.....

No restaurant for evening meals, but Edgar will ferry guests the couple of Km down into Adenau, where there are 3-4 decent restaurants.

View from my room up towards Schloss Nurburg:

What's your preferred Accomodation? Ring002_zpsb9e96587
bobh
bobh
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 801
Hobbies : Retired engineer
Humour : Yes please (did I answer the wrong question?)
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

What's your preferred Accomodation? Empty Re: What's your preferred Accomodation?

Post  littlecat Tue Jul 09 2013, 20:20

is there an original post with more info about whats planned..ie , length of trip etc?
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 535
Hobbies : artist
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Tue Jul 09 2013, 20:40

Only this one you've probably already seen Cath Click Here
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down