Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

accomodation

5 posters

Go down

accomodation Empty accomodation

Post  terry lees Thu Feb 12 2015, 19:07

Hi all, Thinking of basing ourselves in Leyburn again this year, its very central, being in easy reach of the lakes, north Pennines etc. and easy to reach from north or south, also good pubs and eateries. There are plenty of B&Bs camping spots and hotels to choose from. The Golden Lion did us a reasonable deal last year, and if most agree I'll approach them again for this year. Thinking about a route for this year, without covering places we have been to before. I know a few of you have done Hardknott and Wrynose passes in the lakes, thought we might incorporate them in this years ride along with a ride across Windermere on the ferry. Please let me know your thoughts.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

accomodation Empty Re: accomodation

Post  Rosco Thu Feb 12 2015, 22:17

I'll go with the flow Terry.
Might have done them all but they were all good so would happily do them all again.

Always good to have the grumpy auld git organising it instead of moaning at me.

I still loves ya Wink

Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Fri Feb 13 2015, 08:49

Giz a kiss then.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Fri Feb 13 2015, 22:06

You 2 need to get a room!
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Mon Feb 23 2015, 12:20

Just found a route online which follows the Wrynose, Hardknott, Whinlatter, Honister and Kirkstone passes!

Chuck in a ferry crossing and the Grizedale Forest, add in a wee jaunt through Wensleydale and a hop over the Buttertubs Pass into Swaledale and I think we may have the perfect route :-)

Looking forward to it already, let's get a tryout day booked soon Terry.
Eddie990
Eddie990

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Mon Feb 23 2015, 14:13

Yup, sounds good, we did Buttertubs last year if you remember as it was part of the tour de France route, no reason we cant do it again though. It really is quite spectacular. I think they did one of those Top Gear episodes along there, with the helicopter flying level with what ever car they were testing at the time.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Wed Jul 22 2015, 21:50

Hi everyone, bit of a change of plan. The Golden Lion in Leyburn is booked up for the weekend of S&T so a little like BC we have decided on a change of venue. We have decided to base ourselves in the market town of Cockermouth in the northern lakes, I hope this doesn't inconvenience anyone too much, the reason for the choice is twofold. First it is basically in the heart of the lakes, with stunning scenery and great roads, secondly there are plenty of good pubs eateries and accommodation. Those that attended wee mac will recall we went through the town on the Saturday ride out. Chicken Tim has made some preliminary enquiries as to accom. There is a Premier Inn for instance about a third of a mile from the town centre offering twins or doubles from about £30.00 per person p n not including breakfast. Therefore would those who have already signed up please confirm that this is Ok and we will start to book the accom. And any others that would like to attend please let us know. Of course please feel free to arrange your own accom. there are plenty of other places in the town. Its only about 2 months away now and getting close to the end of summer, so this might be the last chance for a big rideout.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Catnapper Thu Jul 23 2015, 10:13

Hi Terry
When you get the route planned let me know and will meet up with you all for a days ride around the lakes area
Catnapper
Catnapper
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 365
Hobbies : Motoring, DIY
Humour : Lacking, Grumpy Old Man
Registration date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Jul 23 2015, 10:58

I'm still good to go Tez and happy to stay at the Premier Inn it or anywhere else around that price mark where everyone is staying - as you know I can fall asleep anywhere and will sleep with anyone (with the right ear plugs)

Let me know if you need me to do anything regarding the accommodation.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catnapper Thu Aug 06 2015, 08:24

Eddie990 wrote:Just found a route online which follows the Wrynose, Hardknott, Whinlatter, Honister and Kirkstone passes!

Chuck in a ferry crossing and the Grizedale Forest, add in a wee jaunt through Wensleydale and a hop over the Buttertubs Pass into Swaledale and I think we may have the perfect route :-)

Looking forward to it already, let's get a tryout day booked soon Terry.
Chris 
Have you had a tryout run yet. Since I can't make SnT would like to at least have some sort of group ride. 
As I have said previously I'll try and meet up one day on the actual ride but 12 hr nightshifts don't really compute!!!!
Catnapper
Catnapper
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Thu Aug 06 2015, 08:26

Hi Catnapper,

No try-out run for me unfortunately. We were going to go out in May but I had a problem with the KTM which put it out of action for a couple of days.
My recent accident whilst in Spain means it will be a few weeks before I'm back on two wheels and that leaves me very little time left to check out the route.

Unless Terry manages a trial run then we'll just wing it on the day. We know the area very well anyway.

Cheers,

Chris
Eddie990
Eddie990

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catnapper Thu Aug 06 2015, 08:33

Oh right. Sorry to hear that. 
GWS 
Thanks anyway
Catnapper
Catnapper
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Aug 06 2015, 09:23

Hi all, Yet another problem I'm afraid. It would appear that there is some sort of sheep/wool fair going on in Cockermouth on the weekend of 26th sept. consequently accommodation has all been taken, which leaves us two options, either move the date or the location, personally I would like to bring it forward by 2 weeks and keep the location. Therefore would those that have committed and those that are strong maybe's let me know which option they would prefer.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Thu Aug 06 2015, 09:31

Location change would suit me better Tes, I'm not available on any other dates.

I know you'd prefer somewhere smaller but I think if we look at larger towns we should be able to get better availability with accommodation.

Skipton, Ripon etc.
Eddie990
Eddie990

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Aug 09 2015, 01:39

I'd like to keep the date 25th/26th Sept and change location to somewhere that can accommodate us.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down