Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ToL Info & Accommodation

5 posters

Go down

ToL Info & Accommodation Empty ToL Info & Accommodation

Post  greencat Thu Apr 30 2009, 23:17

4th - 6th September 2009

Well folks it's time to post up details of the sixth Taste of Lincolnshire (ToL) rideout.

This year the Surf 'n' Turf rideout has pipped me to the post and booked the last weekend in September. My own fault for not getting organised! But not a problem as I was going to adjust the date anyway. The weekend before seems a tad close to the SnT so I've plumped for the first weekend in September. I hope some of you can make it.

Last year was supposed to be less demanding than the year before when Whitby figured in the route. And it was if you didn't book in for the optional pre-ride out track day at Cadwell. For the ToL6 we'll be heading south down to the flatlands to sample all that's best in the land that time forgot! Imagine fields of daffodills, cauliflowers or Polish agricultural labourers stretching as far as your eyes can see and you'll won't go far wrong. Of course we'll pick a route that stitches the best twisty bits together so you won't have time to admire the vegetables! Smile

The base will again be around Grasby in North Lincolnshire so those who've been before will know the score regarding accommodation (see list below), food, pub etc. For those who don't, see the details below, and I'll be adding more info as we get nearer the day. If you have any questions please post up.

Right that's it for now. Looking forward to another grand weekend and meeting up with old and new riders alike.

Oh, and hello to all. I've been a bit slow getting around to posting. Must do better!

Cheers,
Chris

If you want to sign-up click [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by greencat on Sat May 23 2009, 04:33; edited 4 times in total
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

ToL Info & Accommodation Empty Accommodation

Post  greencat Thu Apr 30 2009, 23:39

ACCOMMODATION

Here's a list of accommodation that I know was used last year and is as local as you'll get to the start point.
Click on the name to go to the web site. Most of the web sites give an idea of price.

Little Hen B&B, Grasby (01652 629005) - next to the pub! (0 miles)
Arties Mill Hotel, Brigg (01652 652094) - used by several last year (7.6 miles)
Blink Bonny B&B, Kirmington (01652 680610)- again used last year and not far, easy route to start (4.5 miles)

You may also be interested in the following:

Wold View House B&B, Kirmond le Mire (01673 838 226) - excellent food and great views (10.5 miles)
Thornfield B&B, Hibaldstow (01652 655555) - (10.4 miles)
Albert House B&B, Brigg (01652 658081) - (6 miles)
Beldon House B&B, Brigg (01652 653517) - (6 miles)
The Whistle & Flute Pub, Barnetby (01652 688238) - (5 miles)
West Wold Farm B&B, Deepdale (01652 633293) - (12.4 miles)
The Red Lion Inn, Redbourne (01652 648 302) - (10.4 miles)
The George Hotel, Kirton-in-Lindsey (01652 640600) - (12.9 miles)
Forest Pines Hotel, Broughton, Scunthorpe (01652 650770) - (10.2 miles)

And here's the link to the pub (v important!)
The Cross Keys Pub, Grasby and here's the location.

Hope this is enough for now.
Any questions - post 'em up Cool [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by greencat on Thu May 21 2009, 15:18; edited 3 times in total
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

ToL Info & Accommodation Empty Q & A Board

Post  Admin Fri May 01 2009, 15:57

Ezzy's Mum! Today at 7:33

LOL - you've not put a post for us to ask the questions Chris (although i'll let you off as a) i don't have any and b) it was the early hours you did it)
You giving us a sign up page then or is like a mystery tour, we just see who turns up? (You know i'll be there - it was booked the minute the phone went down!)

Admin Edit:

Sorry to move this Suzie, not your fault this bit wasn't open when you posted. Just tidying up Cool great
Admin
Admin
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 60
Humour : Be Mad - It Helps
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

ToL Info & Accommodation Empty Re: ToL Info & Accommodation

Post  weasley Wed May 06 2009, 14:17

greencat wrote:ACCOMMODATION

Here's a list of accommodation that I know was used last year and is as local as you'll get to the start point.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - closest alternative accommodation, used by several last year

Having now confirmed my attendance I set about booking a place to stay. I stayed at the QH two years ago (you remember - the one where Tel came along for the whole weekend... Wink ) and liked it, so gave 'em a ring. Well it rang and rang - I tried again and the same. Thinking there may be something amiss I had a quick Google and found this. Shame, but a sign of the times I guess. I'll have to find somewhere else.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 06 2009, 21:52

Gosh that's such a shame. Think me, Fi and Alfie are staying the saturday night - what about Arties Mill at Brigg where the others stayed the other year think that was what it was called anyway. If there's enough of us staying the saturday night maybe we could organise a minibus or something depending on where we all plan on eating.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Wed May 06 2009, 22:14

I was at Artie's Mill last year - would have preferred the QH but if options are limited it'll have to do.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 07 2009, 18:58

well we've not got anywhere booked yet for the saturday night and i think that there Yorkshire thundercat bloke was trying to get at least one nights pass so if there's a few of us staying at the same place won't be so bad. Maybe chris or Mechy will come on and give a few ideas failing which i'll have a trog up there and see what's on offer and any that do food - well, i'll just have to try it out - on the grounds of breakfast will be required!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorkshire_Thundercat Thu May 07 2009, 21:58

OK I'm 'tactfully' working my way up to 'asking' about a night out plus I have 4 months to earn brownie points!!

I will just have had 2 weeks down in Cornwall with the kids so will need a bit of FREEDOM tongue I'll be there for the Saturday ride if nothing else.
Yorkshire_Thundercat
Yorkshire_Thundercat
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 122
Hobbies : Construction
Humour : Dry

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Fri May 08 2009, 17:11

Right then ,as far as i know the sat night will follow the same plan as last year and be at the pub at grasby crossroads where chris lives??
I will email him to double check and get the proper name etc as he is in yanky land at the mo

pete
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Fri May 08 2009, 18:47

here is the reply from chris,,,,

"All the accommodation details are up on the second message ‘Accommodation’ including details of the pub with a link to its website.

It’s The Cross Keys

Yes the idea is to spend Sat night at the pub.
Other accommodation may be available in Caistor – I haven’t checked, but Big Nige did book into a pub there the first time he came."

will post some links up later
pete
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Fri May 08 2009, 18:59

Arties Mill & Lodge, Brigg , Telephone: 0870 116 2710 -this is where several stayedlast year ,is about 5-8 miles away

Holcombe Guest House,34 Victoria Rd,Barnetby-le-Wold,North Lincolnshire,DN38 6HZ,,email------------holcombe.house@virgin.net ,Telephone------07850 764002 ----this is about 3-5 miles!!!

hope this helps, clink

pete

England
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 08 2009, 20:16

Cheers Pete and Nick you better get working on getting well and truly in the good books as me and fi are not only looking forward to our fish & chips followed by ice cream at Brid the next day but you're holding the camera for our rally pics!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down