Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ToL Accommodation - all postings here please!

+7
SteveCat
kwakkat
ellie
Catapulted
0ldcat
Rosco
greencat
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ToL Accommodation - all postings here please! Empty ToL Accommodation - all postings here please!

Post  greencat Fri Apr 02 2010, 12:52

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the silence on the ToL accommodation arrangements but I've been deep in negotiations all week.
The original venue I proposed has not been able to deliver the price I was told, and which I passed on to you. I eventually detemined that they wanted £89 per room per nignt B&B. I thought that a little steep so I have, at last, found another venue. It is exceptionally difficult to find mainly twin roomed accommodation for 16+ people that has a pub and restaurant attached where you would be happy to leave your bike parked up over night, but....... tiz done!

Here's the link.

Cost is £70 per room per night. I have booked all 8 rooms for Saturday night, enough for 16 people, and paid the deposit. Please don't let me down!

If you wish to stay Friday night (3rd Sept) please book your room now and post up here that you have done so.
If you wish to stay Saturday night(4th Sept) post up here so I can allocate you a room.
A £12.50 deposit is required per person per night.
To book Tel 01526 353312 Speak to Diane if you can.
Say you want to add your booking to the Saturday night booking in the name of MEAD.

I'll post up more details later. If we need more accommodation there are other B&B's nearby.

Get booking now. great

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited by greencat on Mon Apr 05 2010, 10:49; edited 2 times in total
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

ToL Accommodation - all postings here please! Empty Re: ToL Accommodation - all postings here please!

Post  Rosco Fri Apr 02 2010, 13:16

Cheers for organising Chris.

I've booked a twin room (looking for someone to share with Shocked ) for the Friday night.
DirtBikeDave - If you are still a defo for this then assuming we'd travel to ToL together I could share with you. I'll have my earplugs anyway Wink
Got my email confirmation through too.....They said the restaurant does get fully booked quickly....
Chris - Will you book us all (however many that might be) in for the Saturday Night dining?

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

ToL Accommodation - all postings here please! Empty Re: ToL Accommodation - all postings here please!

Post  0ldcat Fri Apr 02 2010, 16:21

We're booked in too :whoop:

Might be late getting there on the Friday dependant on work.

Bravo Clap for your efforts getting this sorted Mr not just any cat, I'm an IAM'sCAT green smile

Ditto to what Ross asked. Are you reserving us in for dinner Saturday evening , or are you waiting to see how many book rooms ?

Cheers
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Catapulted Fri Apr 02 2010, 17:43

Hi Chris

Thanks for organising this - no mean feat. I'll take one of the Saturday night only beds please. PM me your details for the deposit.

Mark

ps No more bubble wrap this year please!
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Apr 02 2010, 19:32

Catapulted wrote:ps No more bubble wrap this year please!
Sorry for the hijack chris !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] surely lachen
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 02 2010, 21:15

chris did you book me a room for the fri night as well or not?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 02 2010, 23:46

Hi Chris please can you put me down for Saturday night . If I am understanding this correctly - if I want to stay Friday night , I should go ahead and book that myself ?
Cheers for your help
John.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Mon Apr 05 2010, 09:28

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses to date. Very Happy

In order to keep all the important information in one place I've posted up another thread with details of the accommodation and info on the ride out. I'll keep this up to date.

E3 - yes, if you wish to stay the Friday night then you need to make the booking yourself. However if you're happy to share a room (which makes the stay cheaper) then use the summary thread to see who may also be looking to share and PM (private message) them to make the arrangements.

Suzie - no I haven't booked you a room for Fri night. Please do this asap.

I propose that we eat at The Village Limits on Saturday night. I'll be making an initial booking for this in about 10 days time. If you would like dinner on Saturday night please post up and I'll add you to the list.

That's all for now,

Cheers,
Chris
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05 2010, 11:32

I couldn't see the actual pub website on the other post just the map one so here it is if anyone is interested
think me and fi are probably going for an indian on the fri night - there's a decent one in woodhall so if anyone decides nearer the time they want to come to let me know as if we do go i'll be booking the local taxi lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Apr 05 2010, 13:49

Dinner for me on Saturday please Chris

Thanks
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Apr 05 2010, 15:05

The Village Limits is spot on Chris, Can you book me & Nick for Saturday night please??

Could you please PM me your address and I'll forward the deposit, We're moving at present so have no broadband at home for a few more days. You have mine & Nicks numbers if you need to speak to us.

Cheers,

Ellie & Nick xxx
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Mon Apr 05 2010, 17:07

hi chris yes we will have dinner phone today but got answer m/c so book friday tomorrow after work
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 05 2010, 20:41

Ok Chris just to let you know , My Brother-in law and I will be doing both nights Friday and Saturday, I'll book the Friday night for the both of us .Cheers
John.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Tue Apr 06 2010, 19:40

booked today Chris so that's Friday saturday & dinner
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Catapulted Wed Apr 07 2010, 22:19

Hi Chris - can you book me in for dinner please on sat night.
Cheers
Mark
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sun Jun 06 2010, 11:34

Booked Fri & Sat at The Claremont Guest House for Pam and myself. There are 11 rooms of which 3 have been booked.

Please book us for Saturday evening meal ( and Friday if you are doing that too) Chris.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  supernaut Wed Jun 09 2010, 10:21

nice one chris. myself and suzuki dave are booked in at the claremont guest house saturday night only. Two for dinner please. Sharon won't be able to make it unfortunately.
thanks,
steve......................
supernaut
supernaut
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige Thu Jun 17 2010, 09:52

Hi Chris, I'll be riding up Saturday morning to join you for the ride & Jill & I are booked into B&B for Saturday night so please add two for the evening meal reservation. many Thanks Very Happy
bignige
bignige
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 112
Hobbies : Pies, Beer n Bikes
Humour : The Beatings will continue until Morale improves !
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Wed Jul 28 2010, 17:27

Hi All,

I'm afraid there's a problem with the dinner booking at the venue on the Saturday night. The provisional booking for 16 cannot be increased since this already takes up over half the restaurant and the owner needs to leave space for his regulars. So it looks like we won't all be having dinner together girl_crazy fuming

I suggest those who are booked into the accommodation eat at the pub and those booked into B&B's nearer to town eat in town. Unless you're all revolting! :rite:

I'll do some research into dining options in town and post up shortly. If anyone else has any recommendations please post them up.

Sorry about this. I was lead to believe we could increase the numbers, but apparently not.
Of course we can all still meet in the bar if you wish, but that'll be after we've been fed!

Cheers,
Chris
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed Jul 28 2010, 19:36

I know the Chinese in Woodhall Spa is excellent, The Petwood do an evening meal and The Golf Hotel too. Ive eaten at all three but not for a year or so.

Maybe some other peeps have been recently?? I havent been to the Indian, maybe Suzie has.

Ellie sunny
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 28 2010, 19:48

ellie wrote: havent been to the Indian, maybe Suzie has.

Ellie sunny

yes i have - its very good - fi and i were planning on going on the friday night
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 29 2010, 13:38

Ezzy's Mum! wrote:
yes i have - its very good - fi and i were planning on going on the friday night

Ahem .and who else have you forgotten lol ? Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 29 2010, 21:19

espaceman3 wrote:
Ezzy's Mum! wrote:

Ahem .and who else have you forgotten lol ? Very Happy

lol i didn't like to presume on you 2 boys coming with us Smile you can hold our hands on the way back lol - may even get neil to come too!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 29 2010, 21:56

Yeah fab , get the Dilly out !
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

ToL Accommodation - all postings here please! Empty Hmmm

Post  Robcat Sat Jul 31 2010, 17:08

Well being as its that time of year again, Linz is off from work as a teacher and i've now booked some time off work (either legitly or totally out of work) we shall be down there 100 yds from the pub on a caravan site.

There from the 1st of Sept and £22 a night for the both of us, aint to bad. Will go and pick the bike up either on the 2nd or 3rd ready for the ride out and drag bike it back to its little storage place on the saturday, after our run out. Only 48 miles from home it is so there and back in 2.5 hours with time to spare.

So with all this in mind, i've got my own fridge again for my little cans of ale.

Linz can have 2.

Will meet you all there on the friday.

Rob and Linz.
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!