Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

london... Anybody there? i want to buy bike down there

+11
thunderstu600
biscut
Snowcat
SteveCat
MevsyD
robertcains
MrNutt
weasley
HEHORE
0ldcat
TomCom
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

london... Anybody there? i want to buy bike down there Empty london... Anybody there? i want to buy bike down there

Post  TomCom Thu Dec 20 2012, 18:04

i am ready to go to london for a bike 6 h driving way from glasgow.
can anybody go and check bike for me?
postcode is SL25TQ black and silver thundercat year 2005 3.500mileage
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1310
Hobbies : Tattoos, PS4, Airsoft
Humour : dark humour
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

london... Anybody there? i want to buy bike down there Empty Re: london... Anybody there? i want to buy bike down there

Post  0ldcat Thu Dec 20 2012, 18:38

Tom !
Do you ever read through the forum PROPERLY ?? confused
Look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

london... Anybody there? i want to buy bike down there Empty Re: london... Anybody there? i want to buy bike down there

Post  TomCom Thu Dec 20 2012, 18:43

i did read that.
but this one looks much better
link
can i trust any of them? this man from our forum have only 4 posts i dont know him?
so for me this silver and black is better mileage better year and same price can you see that?

Last edited by SteveCat on Fri Dec 21 2012, 09:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : taken out postcode from link url)
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Thu Dec 20 2012, 19:41

Dident that stop the UK version of the cat in 03??
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 526
Hobbies : pizza man
Humour : dirty
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Thu Dec 20 2012, 19:45

yes so what so? are the parts are not the same?
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  HEHORE Thu Dec 20 2012, 19:51

If it's a 05 plate chances are its a gray import that was all
HEHORE
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 526
Hobbies : pizza man
Humour : dirty
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Thu Dec 20 2012, 19:52

so is it not good?
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Thu Dec 20 2012, 21:03

It's a US market bike, probably imported by a dealer and sold as new. Should be OK, but your insurers should be told when they ask the question about whether or not it is an import.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Thu Dec 20 2012, 23:42

TomCom wrote:i did read that.
but this one looks much better
link
can i trust any of them? this man from our forum have only 4 posts i dont know him?
so for me this silver and black is better mileage better year and same price can you see that?

erm the bike owner in London has not posted anything on here, so saying what you said doesn't really make sense...... wall

mileage means squat without a full service history with receipts, but that's just my viewpoint on it

plus the one advertised on here is in the fastest colours!
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  robertcains Fri Dec 21 2012, 06:13

Tom, As others have said it looks very much like an American Import as DK Motorcycles in Stoke imported quite a few in that spec up to 2007.
For the money it looks a fantastic buy, very much worth checking out, However as it is so far away from you I also think it wise if someone local could possibly cast an eye over it for you & get a feeling of what they think of the seller too (might cost you a couple of beer tokens clink )

Fingers crossed for you that it's not a lemon & good luck left thumb up
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Fri Dec 21 2012, 08:29

There is a massive dent on the tank on the right hand side that would be troublesome to me.. What might have been repaired from the same incident? HPI it before anyone goes to see it in my opinion...
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Fri Dec 21 2012, 09:59

I also think you should do the HPI before considering the bike. If that is clear and you are 'happy' with the dent in the tank could be worth it.
Could be a case the seller needs to raise money very quickly and is prepared to shave many hundreds of £'s off the value.

It isn't an issue, but the US bikes don't have the small side light in front of the headlight, also there is no light switch, it comes on when you turn on the ignition.
The other thing I'd imagine is those tyres have been on since new, budget for getting new ones in the near future.

I've edited your link to Autotrader (and also in MrNutt's quote). The link you posted had your postcode in it, took it out for you - just to be safe.

PM me if you want to go ahead with this, I might be able to get over there Sunday Morning or on Monday sometime.
I'm no mechanic though and won't be able tell you if the wheels will fall off in a few months or not.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Fri Dec 21 2012, 11:24

That's a lot of bike for relatively little money, as others have said I'd be all over the documents and HPI etc, there is a market for these kind of "imports" to be stolen abroad and brought into the country, hence "priced to move".

Also have you considered the potential pitfalls of trying to insure it. None UK will mean not UK spec and there's every possibility some Insurers won't touch it.

If something is "too good to be true" there's usually a reason for it and so make sure you check and double check everything and only when you have assured yourself its "right" think about proceeding.

A few years ago when I bought an X5 I looked and looked but couldn't quite find the right spec within my price range until miraculously out of the blue a model appeared on autotrader 2 years younger than what I wanted for £2k less than market value. To good to be true.... It was!! I'm not even sure the car existed but the seller would only converse by email, he was insisting on cash and not keen on giving me an actual address to view the car.... Oh and the car was in Dublin, not Manchester where it was advertised!! I could be just a cynical old fool but there are too many scams out there and..... I'm just babbling now, I'll get my coat Wink
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Fri Dec 21 2012, 12:16

There's something fishy about the right front indicator too. The others are the usual, US-spec beacons but the front right looks like a normal-sized one on some kind of extended stalk. That bike has been on its side, for sure.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes

Back to top Go down

Post  biscut Fri Dec 21 2012, 14:20

have asked for the v5 ref to check the mot history but the person is "out shopping" apparently ;-)
biscut
biscut
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 217
Hobbies : IT Geek
Humour : dark and perverted
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  thunderstu600 Fri Dec 21 2012, 17:26

I agree with you guys, I wouldn't even bother with the grey :yzf: as the guy has'nt mentioned history to confirm low miles, 3k miles on a 7 yr old bike?
He seems too adamant its really 'clean' and needs a quick sale, damage hidden very well but not for the eagle eyes of the forum Clap or the fact it's a grey import as everyone has mentioned,
definitely go for the red and white one, its the fastest colours anyway. either way good luck on your choice and dont rush things, lemons are everywhere but so are the genuine ones, the genuine ones come along eventually

thunderstu600
thunderstu600
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 445
Hobbies : xbox black ops 2, Cycling and Motorbikes, Fishing and any other faze I go through lol playing ice hockey now too
Humour : i'm as serious as everyone else :)
Registration date : 2012-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Fri Dec 21 2012, 17:40

i check insurance today and.. :( yes it is more then normal thundercat. I know couse i did have 3 in my live Smile
sorry but you put me off again from another bike :(
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  biscut Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:00

just for interest value, mot history pasted below.

Most Recent Vehicle Details and Test Summary applicable to this Registration Certificate document reference number.

Registration mark:
AE54YHC
Make/Model:
YAMAHA / YZF600
Colour:
BLACK
VIN/Chassis No:
JYA5AHE035A045909
Approximate date of first use:
01/07/2004
Type of fuel:
Petrol

Date of test:
30/01/2012
Certificate issued (Pass)

Odometer reading:
3,226 Miles
Test number:
Test expiry date:
29/01/2013

Full Test History, starting with first recorded vehicle and test results

Registration mark:
AE54YHC
Make/Model:
YAMAHA / YZF600
Colour:
BLACK / SILVER
VIN/Chassis No:
JYA5AHE035A045909
Approximate date of first use:
01/07/2004
Type of fuel:
Petrol

Date of test:
27/10/2008

Odometer reading:
1,890 Miles
Test number:
Test station name:
BRANDON TEST CENTRE
Test station number:
0582A9
Test station telephone number:
Test class:
II
Test expiry date:
26/10/2009
No Advisory Notice issued

Change of details

Registration mark:
MJ4466 recorded at time of test, changed to AE54YHC on 04/11/2008 following investigation.

Date of test:
30/01/2010

Odometer reading:
2,102 Miles
Test number:
Test station name:
Q B MOTORCYCLES LIMITED
Test station number:
01384 637168
Test class:
II
Test expiry date:
29/01/2011

Change of details

Colour:
BLACK recorded at time of test on 30/01/2010

Date of test:
22/01/2011

Odometer reading:
3,049 Miles
Test number:
Test station name:
Q B MOTORCYCLES LIMITED
Test station number:
01384 637168
Test class:
II
Test expiry date:
29/01/2012

Date of test:
30/01/2012

Odometer reading:
3,226 Miles
Test number:
Test station name:
Q B MOTORCYCLES LIMITED
Test station number:
01384 637168
Test class:
II
Test expiry date:
29/01/2013
biscut
biscut
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:06

I say again . . . Look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . . . What more do you want Tom ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Don\'t Know

Of course still go through the usual HPI and everything else . . . but I'm guessing the present owner of this one will be much more open and willing to help you in almost anyway you want.

Even though I agree with Radar on his assessment with this sale of the Cat. . . . I think Pipes should hang on to it.

Last edited by 0ldcat on Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:18; edited 1 time in total
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  biscut Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:13

just out of curiosity I texted the guy to ask about the dent and the possible different front indicator and his reply was:

"I have already brought it with the dent in the tank, but there are no cracks or anything...i think its the angle the pic was taken, u are welcome to come and see it."

biscut
biscut
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:16

Love the spoon fed! Lol!
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:27

0ldcat wrote:... What more do you want Tom ? .....
i have 1998 and it is 1998. i have 30.000 miles on clock and this one have more. i just want better year bike and less mileage
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:32

TomCom wrote:
0ldcat wrote:... What more do you want Tom ? .....
i have 1998 and it is 1998. i have 30.000 miles on clock and this one have more. i just want better year bike and less mileage
OK [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  TomCom Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:37

ok 28. its not much different.
its same bike. and i want better.
i have felling like all of you are fed up with me couse i ask so much about buying bikes. but i just want help and i dont have anybode else to ask
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Pipes23 Fri Dec 21 2012, 18:47

Tom,

Just wanted to point out that I am looking for £1,295 for my bike, not the same price (£2,000) that you mention compared to the silver and black bike.

Pipes
Pipes23
Pipes23
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-12-16

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next