Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well worth a read group riding

2 posters

Go down

Well worth a read group riding Empty Well worth a read group riding

Post  furball Wed Mar 23 2011, 18:29

Hi everyone, this link is well worth following and having a read, Jim Bryan is an very experienced rider/Instructor and is held in high regard as an instructor at the Núrnburg ring.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Well worth a read group riding Empty Re: Well worth a read group riding

Post  0ldcat Wed Mar 23 2011, 19:20

A very good find and thanks for posting the link.

Some excellent points in there especially about bravado.

The drop off 'system' is one we always ~ as those who come to ride outs will attest ~ employ. Not, as suggested in the article, to create a swift ride for the more able riders but rather to keep the group as a group in as safe a manner as we can.

Sorry but I'm gonna beat my drum now . . . . . PLEASE read the bit and absorb the content about less able / not so experienced riders.
Time after time we tell and positively encourage the nervous/newer/slower/less able riders to go to the front. . . . . Do they listen ? No. . . . . . quote "I don't want to get in others way, so I'll just bimble along at the back" un-quote.
It doesn't censored work that way, please have faith and a little trust.
Drum put away Embarassed

We have on site a list of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for when out group riding. Look at #7, #8 & #9 (well look at them all really), the list is not exhaustive, it is however a good grounding from where to start.

What is of great concern is the aftermath of it going pete-tong and other group members being held accountable Shocked . Highlighted tragically in the recent link to the sad event last year where a couple lost their lives whilst out on a group ride.

0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down