Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't let anything or anyone affect how you ride. Please read.

4 posters

Go down

Don't let anything or anyone affect how you ride. Please read. Empty Don't let anything or anyone affect how you ride. Please read.

Post  Rosco Sun Sep 01 2013, 19:35

Link to the BBC news link

While I don't know the guy who sadly died as a result of this accident I heard the following happened previous to the crash. (which I am assuming is true).

I understand the biker had an altercation with someone at the petrol station (about 0.5 miles) down the hill from where the crash happened.
The rider left the petrol station and just kept accelerating until he went over the brow of the hill where a bus was parked.
I understand the bus was parked at a normal stop.

It happened HERE - Link to StreetView Map
You can just see the Shell Petrol station off in the distance.

Definitely one to learn from someone else's mistake.....don't let anything or anyone influence you to ride anything other than safely.
Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Ride safe people.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Don't let anything or anyone affect how you ride. Please read. Empty Re: Don't let anything or anyone affect how you ride. Please read.

Post  TomCom Sun Sep 01 2013, 20:34

OMG its so sad :(
TomCom
TomCom
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1310
Hobbies : Tattoos, PS4, Airsoft
Humour : dark humour
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Don't let anything or anyone affect how you ride. Please read. Empty Re: Don't let anything or anyone affect how you ride. Please read.

Post  prime Sun Sep 01 2013, 21:01

im just glad he didn't kill anyone else in his stupidity. it could have been a woman pushing a pram out instead of a bus. sympathy for his family but very little for the rider. riding when angry or distressed is a big no no, once when I was nearly took out by a bus ( my own fault, overtaking long queue of traffic and bus pulls out of side street) and I was thinking about the near miss that much I almost had another one.
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sun Sep 01 2013, 23:25

The cops have a habit of parking just behind the sign in that garage to catch the weekend warriors blasting back towards Carluke.

I've been (as you probably have) been along that bit of road a pile of times and it isn't exactly 'blind' coming over that crest.

Some things are just a bit Darwinian at times, and as Prime said, it could have been a kid he hit before the bus.
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down