Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please.

+19
Little Ninja
0ldcat
frazmcfraggle
Krusty
greencat
SteveCat
DAF
Robcat
Catapulted
Eddie990
furball
MevsyD
Dirt Bike Dave
Wild-Kat-Wolf
terry lees
Mac jock
yamahamad
billyw
Rosco
23 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please. - Page 2 Empty Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please.

Post  Rosco Wed Jan 19 2011, 00:46

First topic message reminder :

Hi All

Looking for a gauge of interest on this one please.
Probable maybe's and above.

The plan at the moment is to do something a bit different on the Friday night (subject to interest)

Since we are all petrol heads anyway how about seeing if we can get the go-karts on two wheels on the Friday night before the rideout on the Saturday.

Fiona (WkW) and myself have been looking at karting and accommodation in both Edinburgh (near the airport) and Livingston (about 10 miles west). We have since confirmed our booking at Livingston.

The guestimates of cost are currently approx £23 pppn (excluding breakfast) at a Hotel near to the karting (walking distance at Edinburgh Karting and about 2miles away from Livingston Karting)
Karting is working out at £25 pp at Livingston and possibly a bit more (tbc) at Edinburgh

Accomodation cost should be £27.50 pppn Inc breakfast
Cost of the karting should be £25 pp. We need 12 minimum.

Good news and bad news.

Bad news is the only time we can get karting is 5.30 til 7.30 pm on the Friday.
We need to be there at 5pm!!! Shocked

Good news - or is it - we can get to the bar earlier.
You can just turn up at the karting (race-ready) and check in at your accommodation after if that helps.

I'm not forcing people to stay in the accommodation we suggest nor forcing people to attend or participate in the karting.

FYI - For people staying in the group accommodation we normally suggest people share twins (and doubles if you've pulled) and if it turns out we need an additional single room then the full cost is split equally between all people in the group accomodation. If you specifically want a single then you will need to pay any extra yourself.

If enough people want to do the karting for it to be viable them it will go ahead.

If people express an interest in doing a shorter and more fuel economical ride-out then this will go ahead. We've got a volunteer rideout leader ready should there be people wanting this option.
As mentioned in the other post should the two rideout option go ahead then we will probably still have rendezvous points and lunch together so people have the option of changing if they wish. If you are new to rideouts and want to be broken in gently or not so new to rideouts and fancy seeing the views a bit more then this might be just the ticket for you.

Route(s) haven't been 100% sorted yet but we will do our best to ensure we find the best bits.

Show your interest by adding your details below or PM me (with any questions too) with the info required below and I'll add you on. A deposit of £10 will confirm your place (subject to room availability)

Cheers
Rosco

MASTER LIST

[/tr]
Name Karting Stay in Group organised accommodationRideout - Slightly Shorter&SteadyEddie OR Standard £10 Deposit Paid?
e.g. JoeBloggsYes / No No I'll sort my own / I'll be travelling from home / Only on the Sat etc.Shorter&SteadyEddie for me please (be gentle)
Rosco YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard YES
Bravepill6 (Rosco's Pillion) YESFriday and Saturday Night please Standard my beeatch
Billyw YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseSteadyEddie YES
Eddie990 YESFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Terry Lees NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Wild-Kat-Wolf YES No SteadyEddie YES
Jon (WKW OH) YESNo SteadyEddie YES
Dirt Bike Dave YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Mevsyd YESFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Mevsyd's Lass (Pillion?) YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard YES
FurballYES Friday and Saturday NightStandard YES
Christian NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Catapulted YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Robcat YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard YES
Little Ninja (Linz)YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard (Pillion with Robcat) YES
John No Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard YES
DAF YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard cheque in the post
Stevecat YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard YES
(Lee) YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard cheque in the post
SeanYes ?/ No ? Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard Will sort out with Tes
FrazMcFraggleNoNotbc n/a
TimYes Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard Paid by Tes

Last edited by Rosco on Fri Apr 29 2011, 14:20; edited 20 times in total
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please.

Post  terry lees Sun Feb 06 2011, 11:14

Hi Ross, Recently spoke to Tim, put him down for both nignts please and the karting. Full fat ride out as well. Cheers. Tes.

terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please.

Post  Rosco Sun Feb 06 2011, 23:36

Sorry to hear your boss is a tw8t Paul.
Fingers crossed you can work some magic.

Mark, Rob'n'Linz & Tim - Brill that you can make it.

Name Karting Stay in Group organised accommodationRideout - Slightly Shorter&SteadyEddie OR Standard
e.g. JoeBloggsYes / No No I'll sort my own / I'll be travelling from home / Only on the Sat etc.Shorter&SteadyEddie for me please (be gentle)
Rosco YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard
Bravepill6 (Rosco's Pillion) YESFriday and Saturday Night please Standard
Billyw YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseSteadyEddie
Eddie990 YESFriday and Saturday Night Standard
Terry Lees NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard
Wild-Kat-Wolf YES Friday and Saturday Night SteadyEddie
Jon (WKW OH) YESMaybe SteadyEddie
Dirt Bike Dave YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard
Mevsyd YESFriday and Saturday Night Standard
Mevsyd's Lass (Pillion?) YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard
FurballYES Friday and Saturday NightStandard
Christian NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard
Catapulted YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard
Rob n Linz YES x2 Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard
ChickenTim YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Tue Feb 08 2011, 19:51

Hi Ross, Me again, just been talking to John [bmw] Please include him in the w/mac both nights, no carting, full fat ride out. Would you also include him in the b/mac 3 nights, Ill include his deposit along with mine & Christians. Cheers Tes
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Feb 08 2011, 20:32

Fantastic - Which steed will John be coming on?

Name Karting Stay in Group organised accommodationRideout - Slightly Shorter&SteadyEddie OR Standard
Rosco YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard
Bravepill6 (Rosco's Pillion) YESFriday and Saturday Night please Standard
Billyw YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseSteadyEddie
Eddie990 YESFriday and Saturday Night Standard
Terry Lees NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard
Wild-Kat-Wolf YES Friday and Saturday Night SteadyEddie
Jon (WKW OH) YESMaybe SteadyEddie
Dirt Bike Dave YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard
Mevsyd YESFriday and Saturday Night Standard
Mevsyd's Lass (Pillion?) YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard
FurballYES Friday and Saturday NightStandard
Christian NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard
Catapulted YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard
Rob n Linz YES x2 Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard
ChickenTim YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard
John No Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Wed Feb 09 2011, 15:16

Do'nt know Ross, the rich barsteward now has a K1300 GT as well as the K1300s, why you need 2 almost identical bikes is beyond my ken.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Feb 09 2011, 16:28

Updated to include £10 deposit.

Name Karting Stay in Group organised accommodationRideout - Slightly Shorter&SteadyEddie OR Standard £10 Deposit Paid?
Rosco YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard YES
Bravepill6 (Rosco's Pillion) YESFriday and Saturday Night please Standard not yet
Billyw YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseSteadyEddie YES
Eddie990 YESFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Terry Lees NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Wild-Kat-Wolf YES Friday and Saturday Night SteadyEddie YES
Jon (WKW OH) YESMaybe SteadyEddie YES
Dirt Bike Dave YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Mevsyd YESFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Mevsyd's Lass (Pillion?) YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard YES
FurballYES Friday and Saturday NightStandard YES
Christian NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Catapulted YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard not yet
Robcat YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard not yet
Linz (Robcat's Pillion)YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard not yet
ChickenTim YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard YES
John No Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard YES
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Feb 17 2011, 18:00

Hi Folks

I've updated the list (£10 credit in my bank account as of today......Probably yours catapulted??

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Thu Feb 17 2011, 18:38

Aye up Ross, paid your 20 quid for the surf and turf, did you pay mine and Angelas in for this one?
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Feb 17 2011, 23:38

MevsyD wrote:Aye up Ross, paid your 20 quid for the surf and turf, did you pay mine and Angelas in for this one?

Hi Martin

I edited the wrong post....sorry for the confusion there.
I've updated the first post now. Yes I've paid your £20 deposit here too.

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catapulted Sat Feb 19 2011, 08:57

Rosco wrote:Hi Folks

I've updated the list (£10 credit in my bank account as of today......Probably yours catapulted??

Cheers
Ross

Yep probably was - cash now gone from my bank.

Bikes now MOT'd and ready to start coming out of winter hibernation. Just need the weather now - pi$$ing down here today
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post  DAF Mon Feb 21 2011, 22:32

Ross

I have hopefully managed to send you a PM asking if I can join in on your wee rideout. If its not arrived can you add me onto the list for everything Very Happy
DAF
DAF
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 19
Hobbies : Composites/Motorbikes, Home Cinema, cycling, cars, gadgets, swimming, Scuba Diving, Skiing. Tripledaf on XBOX live
Humour : I've been banned from telling jokes with threats of violence if I do.
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Tue Feb 22 2011, 18:14

Horror of Horrors I'll be joining in too Very Happy

Full cream and trimmings please. Two nights and the standard ride-out please. Will have a go at carting, never tried it, anyway you need someone to come last :o
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Feb 23 2011, 14:23

Hi All.

Recent additions (DAF & Stevecat) added.

We have the lions share of the hotel now and have 3 doubles, 6 twins and 1 single. (19 people)
I'd like to split the accommodation cost equally between everyone staying at the hostel as I think this is fairest.

Therefore the total cost per person will be slightly ( but not much ) higher than initially advised.

I've booked the on-site restaurant for all of us for the Saturday Night ONLY.
The MENU is HERE

There are various options for the Friday night food - I'm suggesting folks just sort themselves out. There is a Pizza Hut (no sitting in) just up the road or fish & chips a wee bit further walk away. If you want to eat in the chinese restuarant on the Friday night then you may need to book this yourself. I'll probably be doing the pizza or fish & chips option.

Cheers
Rosco

Last edited by Rosco on Sun Feb 27 2011, 23:24; edited 1 time in total
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Sun Feb 27 2011, 10:45

Hi Ross, Lee would like to come along, both nights with dinner etc. Please include the carting as well. He's prepared to share a twin with anyone else thats willing. Once you confirm, I'll send you a tenner depo. Cheers Tes.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Feb 27 2011, 23:26

Hi Terry
I'll check availability tomorrow and let you know.
If there is no spare space I'll try and find out what is available nearby.
Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Feb 28 2011, 15:40

Hi Terry

Lee owes Fiona a big thank you .... and probably a Bacardi Breezer.
Oh and £10 deposit would be good too.

Fiona has agreed to give up her double and stay at home to look after her animal (Jon) who is looking after the animals.
They will still join us though.

Seeing as my beeatch will be cuddling me on the rideout we'll take the double and let Lee have a space in our twin.

Therefore as it stands we still have space for ONE more at the accomodation.
Should this space not be filled in the next 5-6 weeks then I'll cancel the single room and all our beds will be filled.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Mon Feb 28 2011, 15:49

Well done Ross and thanks, will pass the message onto Lee, and will post you a cheque forthwith. Tes.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Tue Mar 01 2011, 00:10

Rosco wrote: and all our beds will be filled.

Don't you just love it when a ride-out comes together Laughing

Shame I can't make this one. :( Have a great time. If you can't be good, be careful!
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Krusty Tue Mar 08 2011, 21:38

Not going to be able to make it this time around. Have fun all and catch you next time Smile
Krusty
Krusty
1Silver
1Silver

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Mon Mar 28 2011, 12:43

Hi Ross, I assume Tim has been in touch regarding his unavailability to attend W/M if no one else wants to take his place, there is a friend of Lee's who would like to come. Tes
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Mon Mar 28 2011, 19:55

Hi Terry

Yes he has. Sorry to hear that.
There is no one on the waiting list and since you paid his deposit you can sort that out with Tim and Lee's mate.

Let me know for sure when you can.

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Mar 31 2011, 20:14

Hi Ross, Further to my post of monday, Lee's mate ca'nt make it, so Tims place is up for grabs. Terry
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  frazmcfraggle Mon Apr 04 2011, 18:18

Hi new member and new owner here, passed test last year and been learning the craft on a 600 divvy and now onto the Thundercat.

Never been on a ride out as such just a few blats with one other bike on a few occassions so would like to give a group ride out a shot.

Whats the situation with this, can I just come along for the run on the Saturday daytime as I am already committed on the Friday and Saturday evenings ? If someone can give me the heads up I would be muchly obliged great
frazmcfraggle
frazmcfraggle
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 182
Hobbies : On The Buses
Humour : Sarcastic / Cheeky
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Mon Apr 04 2011, 18:48

Aye mate come along. Your just up the road from me. The more the merrier!!
We usually head off around the back of 9..ish.
Just keep your eyes on the forum for updates and we can arrange to meet you on the sat morning!!
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  frazmcfraggle Tue Apr 05 2011, 10:27

Dirt Bike Dave wrote:Aye mate come along. Your just up the road from me. The more the merrier!!
We usually head off around the back of 9..ish.
Just keep your eyes on the forum for updates and we can arrange to meet you on the sat morning!!

Cheers Dave, Im off on holiday tomorrow for a few days but nearer the time we can hopefully arrange meeting up on the Saturday morning. Would be good to have company on way through, you can keep me right and save me worrying if I was turning up at the right place and so on, I live just off the M8 so should be easy to arrange a place to meet clink
frazmcfraggle
frazmcfraggle
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 182
Hobbies : On The Buses
Humour : Sarcastic / Cheeky
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Apr 05 2011, 15:58

Hi Fraz.

Most (but not all) are going karting on the Friday night (very early evening) in Livingston.

Most (but not all) are staying over at the digs we have lined up in Livingston. Dirt bike dave is staying over ( don't think you gathered that bit )

You are welcome for the go karting / staying over bit too if you fancy. See the details under 'something for the weekend'

I need to confirm numbers soon so let us know for sure asap if you fancy more than just the rideout.

Normally have a quick run through of the 'house rules', system, markers etc before we set off so ideally you'd need to meet up with us before we set off on the sat morning.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next