Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seaways.. Sunday 25th April 2010

+6
Rosco
MevsyD
yamahamad
andyb
0ldcat
Wild-Kat-Wolf
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Seaways.. Sunday 25th April 2010 - Page 2 Empty Seaways.. Sunday 25th April 2010

Post  Guest Sun Apr 11 2010, 18:46

First topic message reminder :

Some of you may remember Nick (Yorkshire thundercat) organised a meet at Seaways last year - Fi and I have decided to meet there again this year (weather permitting) on the same weekend to remember Nick (and have a bacon butty no doubt green smile ).
We'll be there about 1pm if anyone else fancies meeting up there for a cuppa and a chinwag (and a photo opportunity! see how many thundercats we can get there this year).

Suzie haloangel

Last edited by Ezzy's Mum! on Mon Apr 12 2010, 08:10; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Seaways.. Sunday 25th April 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Seaways.. Sunday 25th April 2010

Post  MevsyD Sat Apr 24 2010, 23:36

I'm no Rossi either... Might get a bit wet tomorrow by the look of the forecast? Typical, Sunday comes and Sunday wet!

MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Seaways.. Sunday 25th April 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Seaways.. Sunday 25th April 2010

Post  andyb Sun Apr 25 2010, 03:49

Not a happy little bunny grumpy

The joys of having a duty mobile all weekend i suppose ponder Got woke up about an hour ago to come into work wall

So i'm not gonna be able to make today, hope you all have a good one though great

Ride safe Very Happy
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 389
Hobbies : Armed forces/ sport and bikes
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Apr 25 2010, 08:28

andyb wrote:Not a happy little bunny grumpy

The joys of having a duty mobile

Ride safe Very Happy
Oh bugger . . . . Hmmm I remember those days too.

Sorry to hear you got called out and can't make it.

There was no need to hide the sunny tho Evil or Very Mad

Ah well . . . . . All weather textiles it is then.
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Sun Apr 25 2010, 09:10

Its a bit dull here but dry. Just checked the latest weather & it says sunny spells this morning & light rain midday so fingers crossed. Anyway ride safe all & will see you soon.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 25 2010, 10:49

yamahamad wrote:See you all tomorrow. Fi will look out for you as i am no rossi.

Paul i imagine your idea of no Rossi and ours are quite different. I'm squeezed into my waterproofs and doing a haka across the living room now in an attempt to be able to bend my knees to actually get on the bike! See you soon
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  OHLINS Sun Apr 25 2010, 11:29

Hope you guys have a fab day and the weather holds! great

Lins Smile
OHLINS
OHLINS
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 78
Hobbies : Web Designer/Artist/Product Designer... bikes/racing tart/RX8s
Humour : Gutter level
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Sun Apr 25 2010, 17:38

Just got back, went to squires with Paul (yamahamad) and the lads with gixxers. Got a bit wet but it was always going to happen! Nice to catch up again with faces old and new, feel for you Fi with that big long ride back!

Got 100 yards from Seaways and got pulled by the cops sitting there, had a red headlight cover that I thought was nicked at Sherburn last year but found in my garage. Apparently it's not legal to have anything other than clear??? Decent copper though and he let me off with a warning and told me not to put it back on when round the corner.. Sensible policing, he could teach a few others a thing or two about how to manage the public! And Pauls matt black thundercat looks trick in the flesh!

Hope you all got home safe and catch up soon.

Martin
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Apr 25 2010, 18:52

Checking in too,

Got home an hour ago. Didn't get wet till Doncaster . . . . bugger thought I was gonna get away with it Evil or Very Mad

As Martin said, . . . Good to catch up with all those that could manage to get there , new faces and familliar.

Sorry to hear of yer tug mevs, but I got done for a blue headlight cover on me blade a couple of years back. Apparently it's either clear or amber you can have. £30 fine that cost me. Wasn't as lucky with the tit in blue as you were, but that's Derbyshire constab for you !

Paul that 'stealth' cover jobby really does look cool in the flesh and it's gotta be said that Rich's Black and Silver cat looks well too.

Hope you got home without getting to wet Fi. Massive respect for the distance you traveled for a butty and a chin wag.

The "Fashionably" . . . errrr 'Delayed' arrival of the ride out organiser should also be mentioned Smile . What was the excuse now ponder . . . ah yes , 20p at the Humber Bridge lachen

Had a good ride up and back, albeit alone (billy no mates :( ) . . . all in all a great day. Thank you all.

Cheers
Tel

PS: Roll on The Eifel trip in three weeks green smile
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 25 2010, 18:56

MevsyD wrote: Sensible policing, he could teach a few others a thing or two about how to manage the public! And Pauls matt black thundercat looks trick in the flesh!

There are a few sensible ones about Very Happy and yes it does Smile

Got back about 45 mins ago having had about half hour torrential downpour on the m180 (must've been the one that went over us at seaways) and a few mutterings under my lid at neil for taking me down a steep hill with running water and loose gravel down it too then blow me if just north of bloody Lincoln we got another heavy downpour with bloody big hard hailstones! sunny into Lincoln then more rain going down Lindum Hill before blue skies at sleaford ...... a might damp tho - bath and Rich's gin methinks.

Nice to see you all again (and to meet you paul - bit gutted no chocs tho! Smile ) thanks for the gin Rich - glad you could make it ... Tel let Bea know we were disappointed she didn't put a word in for us weatherwise! Hope you're not too late home Fi - those 2 girlies looked mega hacked off in their convertible when you sat in front of them at that roundabout haha
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 25 2010, 18:57

0ldcat wrote:

The "Fashionably" . . . errrr 'Delayed' arrival of the ride out organiser should also be mentioned Smile . What was the excuse now ponder . . . ah yes , 20p at the Humber Bridge lachen

........ 20p and the dropped glove!!! Embarassed
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Sun Apr 25 2010, 20:34

I'm hooooome.... Very Happy with just a smidge over 450 miles on the clock for today..... had a great ride home, apart from getting drenched near Harrogate (whilst trying to manipulate my way into my waterproofs.... ffs it's like the krypton factor!!) - rode in them up to Durham then took them off again as it was glorious sunshine....THEN.... got drenched again 2 miles from home taz girl_crazy

Great to catch up with old faces (and new ones great ) - the butty was fab and so was the company. Well worth it in my book clink

As for the two girls in the convertible.... meh!! hehehehe! I did wonder how the hell we managed to catch up with Martin at that roundabout where I split off from Suzie and Neil, but I now see why he was a tad slower than expected - bummer Martin.. but at least the cop was okay about it. Paul, your bike is the biz.... hmm wonder what the Ace would be like with something like that Twisted Evil

Just tucking into some of Rich's expresso vodka.... loving you work Rich, thanks SOOOOO much.... you know the way to Fi's heart lol! Was great to meet you today - AT LAST!

Really looking forward to Big Mac now - wooooo hoooo!!

Fi girl_witch (with a rather sore arse!)
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Sun Apr 25 2010, 20:44

Hi boys & girls for some reason i did not have a stable internet connection when i got home but seems okay now. Was great to meet people at last & enjoyed riding with martin just hope i was not too slow for him. Got a bit wet on way home & the stealth cat is filthy but have not cleaned her but will tomorrow lunch at work. I did bring chocolate but completely forgot about it wot a numpty. Paul.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Apr 25 2010, 20:48

yamahamad wrote: I did bring chocolate but completely forgot about it wot a numpty. Paul.
Ooooooh you are SOOOO in trouble Twisted Evil

did I hear a numpty point nom anywhere ?
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Sun Apr 25 2010, 21:02

Me Me, I'll nominate him..... AND I'm sure I saw him eating a Yorkie.... errr excuse me??? how on EARTH can you 'forget' about chocolate wall lachen

Hehehehe you know we still love you Paul great

Fi girl_witch xx
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Sun Apr 25 2010, 21:18

Wild-Kat-Wolf wrote:I'm hooooome.... Very Happy with just a smidge over 450 miles on the clock for today.....

That is impressive, well done Very Happy
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 25 2010, 22:10

yeah we still love you ... so long as you bring it next time pmsl
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Mon Apr 26 2010, 12:55

Hi, Just thought I'd check in and let you all know that I arrived home S&S after the decent time I had a Seaways. Glad to meet you all, (Suze & Neil again) and look forward to seeing you again later this year.

Thanks for the comments on the bike and fairing, Pauls plasticote cat does look extremely good and listening to the races noises I'm thinking I might need something a little bigger myself soon! naughty

Apart from the drive down to Wetwang, the road was a brown stream in places, everywhere else was dry!

Plus when I got home Les had coped so before tea I began to was the bike. The rain then came and saved me from having to rinse it! rofl2

I'm glad the alcohol went to two needy causes and made up for the wettings you to received. And thanks for Terry for carrying the Acoms gear all the way up for me. I spent most of last night messing with it!

TTFN and look after yourselves.
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Mon Apr 26 2010, 20:12

yamahamad wrote:Hi boys & girls for some reason i did not have a stable internet connection when i got home but seems okay now. Was great to meet people at last & enjoyed riding with martin just hope i was not too slow for him. Got a bit wet on way home & the stealth cat is filthy but have not cleaned her but will tomorrow lunch at work. I did bring chocolate but completely forgot about it wot a numpty. Paul.

Enjoyed the ride too Paul, and no problem with the pace at all. The other two can be a bit 'brisk' sometimes!

If I knew the way to the girls hearts was chocolate I would have stocked up too! Now I know though it can be arranged.....
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 26 2010, 20:13

glad you had a good day AND all well when you got home Rich great thanks again for the booze ... owe you one pmsl
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Mon Apr 26 2010, 21:35

All chocolate will be MOST gratefully accepted naughty

Fi girl_witch xxx
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 26 2010, 21:38

MevsyD wrote:

If I knew the way to the girls hearts was chocolate I would have stocked up too! Now I know though it can be arranged.....

thanks Mevsy ...... i'm assuming that means you'll be bringing us some too now ..... dropped yourself right in it now Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Seaways.. Sunday 25th April 2010 - Page 2 Empty seaways

Post  fatbloke Thu Apr 29 2010, 22:33

where is seaways?
fatbloke
fatbloke

Male Status :

Number of posts : 3
Hobbies : bikes
Humour : strange things make me laugh
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Thu Apr 29 2010, 22:42

Hi there FB,

It's approx. half way between York and Driffield at a place called Fridaythorpe. If you do an internet search for Seaways Cafe you should be able to pinpoint it Very Happy

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Seaways.. Sunday 25th April 2010 - Page 2 Empty seaways

Post  fatbloke Fri Apr 30 2010, 18:56

thanks,too far from me for 1 day trip :(
fatbloke
fatbloke

Male Status :

Number of posts : 3
Hobbies : bikes
Humour : strange things make me laugh
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Fri Apr 30 2010, 22:38

fatbloke wrote:thanks,too far from me for 1 day trip :(
Wild Kat Wolf made it from Scotland girlpower

I'm sure you could make a trip like that too great . . . . . . . bit of effort young man clown
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Fri Apr 30 2010, 22:48

I did, had a bit off a sore bottom at the end of it though, but it was well worth it naughty

Fi girl_witch
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next