Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iphone and bikes

3 posters

Go down

iphone and bikes Empty iphone and bikes

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25 2010, 20:24

Does anyone know of a good mount for an iphone Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

iphone and bikes Empty Re: iphone and bikes

Post  SteveCat Thu Feb 25 2010, 22:17

What you want to use the iPhone for, SatNav?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thread for a handlebar mounted GPS carry case might be OK for the iPhone too.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25 2010, 22:22

Thanks for that , I'll have a look . Not so much sat nav, but there are a couple of Apps which you can use as a speedo , compass , top speed reached, average speed ,clock ,altitude - basically an on board computer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  andyb Thu Feb 25 2010, 22:25

Gotta love the iPhone, I've got the itouch and the apps are awesome Very Happy
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 389
Hobbies : Armed forces/ sport and bikes
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25 2010, 22:30

andyb wrote:Gotta love the iPhone, I've got the itouch and the apps are awesome Very Happy

I'm with you on that one , just a fantastic :whoop: phone - although the phone part seems to be a secondary feature of the phone ! It's more of a small computer and it happens to have an in buit phone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  andyb Thu Feb 25 2010, 22:34

That was part of the reason I decided to get the touch instead of the phone! I play on my touch all day and if I'd had the phone I'd of never had any charge on it Laughing
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 389
Hobbies : Armed forces/ sport and bikes
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Feb 25 2010, 22:42

Apart from the speedo and clock apps, I'd suggest maybe rather putting it in a tank bag out of sight.

I have heard that Mr Plod has taken great interest in the past especially to the Zumo which keeps max speed.

'I did that on the track Officer, honest'. Even if true I'd rather not be having the conversation in the first place.

The speedo is a good one to have, the 'Cat doesn't have an accurate one. Mine is in km/hour with a few numbers stuck on roughly in the right place,. I have far better things to do whilst riding than constantly trying to do conversions.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Toni Thu Feb 25 2010, 22:49

SteveCat wrote:I have heard that Mr Plod has taken great interest in the past especially to the Zumo which keeps max speed.

Are they allowed to do that Question Rolling Eyes

In Germany it would be inpossible to look at the phone or sat nav when the rider doesn't allow that Evil or Very Mad
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.thundercat-club.de

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Thu Feb 25 2010, 22:52

espaceman3 wrote: although the phone part seems to be a secondary feature of the phone !

I have joked with a few in the office about their fancy phones .. Can you actually make a phone call on that thing? (and I'm supposed to be the technology expert great )

I have left my phone in my leathers and it has taken me a few days to realise I don't have it with me. Maybe I'm not an iPhone candidate tongue
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 25 2010, 23:02

SteveCat wrote:Apart from the speedo and clock apps, I'd suggest maybe rather putting it in a tank bag out of sight.

I have heard that Mr Plod has taken great interest in the past especially to the Zumo which keeps max speed.

'I did that on the track Officer, honest'. Even if true I'd rather not be having the conversation in the first place.

Yes true enough , but a lot of sports bikes already have that as standard equipment , but yes I know what you are saying . My speedo is in kph but when I'm doing an indicated 40kph I'm actually doing 40mph if you get what I mean . Also this APP I'm talking about It has a digital speedo in mph , altitude, compass,weather AND A CLOCK which is what I really miss pmsl
Anonymous

Back to top Go down