Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is Yamaha thinkin with their latest price hikes?

4 posters

Go down

What is Yamaha thinkin with their latest price hikes? Empty What is Yamaha thinkin with their latest price hikes?

Post  Beamish Sun Jan 31 2010, 17:14

Hello all

Was fancyin a new TDM 900 a few months ago, but at £7399 RRP with no touring kit it's not exactly a cheap bike.
I was kinda keepin my fingers crossed for an out-of-season deal but what have Yamaha done, stuck another £500 on the RRP (now £7899) along with un-realistic, given that bike sales are down, price hikes across the range it seems. The TDM also seems to be the only bike in the range that doesn't benefit from a friendly finance rate, quite a lot are 0%.
Are Yamaha tryin NOT to sell bikes?
Maybe should just buy a 1250GT Bandit (which is a lot of bike) with full fairings and all the kit and save more than a grand.

Any thoughts?

Chris
Beamish
Beamish
1Bronze
1Bronze

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

What is Yamaha thinkin with their latest price hikes? Empty Re: What is Yamaha thinkin with their latest price hikes?

Post  0ldcat Sun Jan 31 2010, 18:32

There's also the Fazer Thou
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And the CBF Thou

As well as your choice
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

What is Yamaha thinkin with their latest price hikes? Empty costly yams

Post  terry lees Sun Jan 31 2010, 18:51

I think the 1250 GT Suzie with all the touring kit on is fantastic value for money, get going and get the the deal done. You know it makes sense. Tes
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

What is Yamaha thinkin with their latest price hikes? Empty Re: What is Yamaha thinkin with their latest price hikes?

Post  Beamish Sun Jan 31 2010, 20:18

Bandit 1250GT with all kit RRP £6849 (it's been called bland etc but money IS money)
CBF1000 Basic RRP £7321 (suppose you have to pay a little more for the Honda build quality & reliability)

Fazer FZ1 RRP £ 10 399 OOOUUUCH!!!

Chris
Beamish
Beamish
1Bronze
1Bronze

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Jan 31 2010, 20:39

Beamish wrote:Bandit 1250GT with all kit RRP £6849 (it's been called bland etc )

Chris
Six eight fifty . . . . Bargin !

Dunno about bland, reviews i've seen seem ok , and as you said money is money and you'd be savin a wad of cash there
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 31 2010, 22:46

This may explain why , it will also push up the price of second hand bikes as people think feck it I'll buy second hand.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Mon Feb 01 2010, 11:24

Beamish wrote:Bandit 1250GT with all kit RRP £6849 (it's been called bland etc but money IS money)
CBF1000 Basic RRP £7321 (suppose you have to pay a little more for the Honda build quality & reliability)

Fazer FZ1 RRP £ 10 399 OOOUUUCH!!!

Chris

I bought a 2007 FZ1S last August for rather less than that with 268 miles on the clock. List was about £8.5k then. At £10.4K, even though it is a great bike, they are going to stuggle to sell them.

Pains me to say it, but if you can get a good deal on a 1250 bandido go for it. A friend has a 2008 model and adores it
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down