Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 questions for the price of one!

3 posters

Go down

2 questions for the price of one! Empty 2 questions for the price of one!

Post  andyb Fri Feb 26 2010, 16:06

firstly, has anyone done a bikesafe day? I'm looking at doing one at some point this year!

Secondly, has anyone heard of the government run get on campaign? Mrs andyb is doing a free try ride next, I think it's a class idea without spending any money great
andyb
andyb
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 389
Hobbies : Armed forces/ sport and bikes
Humour : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2009-08-04

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Back to top Go down

2 questions for the price of one! Empty Re: 2 questions for the price of one!

Post  SteveCat Fri Feb 26 2010, 16:28

Yes done a bikesafe. I found it very good, only had the bike a few weeks and was new to British roads - didn't even know what the Sgt was saying about going on A and B roads!! Pleasures of being able to transfer your license from one country to another without needing a re-test.

Think the next step up from there would be the DSA's Enhanced Rider Scheme, but quite frankly for the money I've seen being asked by some I'd rather just plum straight for an Advanced Course.

Did see something about the scheme for noobs, mentioned it to Pam but she is more than happy to stay on the back and not chance it. Think the scheme is a very good idea
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

2 questions for the price of one! Empty Re: 2 questions for the price of one!

Post  Guest Fri Feb 26 2010, 21:58

Hey andy, I've done bikesafe up at Lincoln - great day - thorougly recommend it - they're a great bunch of lads - can give you a name if you want to ring and enquire on the dates - plus if youre interested and not done it they are doing a couple more Performance Plus days at Cadwell i was meant to do it last year but i discovered Hopp Riders were something to do with it and i have history with them Shocked but apparently its a really good day costs £65 can give you a name for that too - the same one as it happens.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

2 questions for the price of one! Empty Bikesafe

Post  karlshep45 Wed Mar 03 2010, 17:13

I have just booked a bikesafe course in Cheshire (end of march) and I will let you know my opinion afterwards.
karlshep45
karlshep45

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down