Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does your tyre dealer scrub your tyres for you?

5 posters

Go down

Does your tyre dealer scrub your tyres for you? Empty Does your tyre dealer scrub your tyres for you?

Post  SteveCat Thu Nov 06 2008, 20:25

Was on a flight back from Johannesburg last Saturday, had been through the pleasantries with the guy sitting next to me, and was about to read the bike magazine I had just bought.
Turns out he owns two bikes, a Honda and a Beamer. We natter on about bikes, and he comes out with what I thought was an absolute gem.
He just left his Motorad dealer with new tyres, gives it a squirt and the inevitable happens. Goes on to explain all about the wax they use in the mould etc. 'Yeah that's why you take it easy for a bit' I tell him.
At this point he is more surprised than me.
The dealer normally takes off the film with sandpaper, so the customers can hare off straight away!
For me that's what the M25 is there for!!

Do you get that service?

-Steve
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Does your tyre dealer scrub your tyres for you? Empty Re: Does your tyre dealer scrub your tyres for you?

Post  FastKat Thu Nov 06 2008, 20:29

My tyre dealer doesn't employ scrubbers Twisted Evil
FastKat
FastKat
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 52
Hobbies : Fishing/Surfing/Windsurfing
Humour : Dry

Back to top Go down

Does your tyre dealer scrub your tyres for you? Empty Re: Does your tyre dealer scrub your tyres for you?

Post  0ldcat Thu Nov 06 2008, 20:30

Bloody hell, surprised the fella didn't want the damned thing run in for him before he bought it !! 🐒
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  westie Thu Nov 06 2008, 20:42

Scrubbersrus - 09001746372 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I use the sand paper method on the rear tyre (more difficult on the front) , with the bike on the paddock stand, start the engine, carefully put it in first gear & gently release the clutch, hold sandpaper on the tyre until mostly clean.

(Disclaimer; I accept no responsibility if you cock it up & damage yourself or your bike)
westie
westie
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 164
Hobbies : Retired into DIY & house renovation.
Humour : Yes

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Thu Nov 06 2008, 21:16

westie wrote:Scrubbersrus - 09001746372 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I use the sand paper method on the rear tyre (more difficult on the front) , with the bike on the paddock stand, start the engine, carefully put it in first gear & gently release the clutch, hold sandpaper on the tyre until mostly clean.

(Disclaimer; I accept no responsibility if you cock it up & damage yourself or your bike)

HSW not reached France yet then eh ? . . . . . Yet another Damned fine reason to move there Laughing
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Fri Nov 07 2008, 08:23

Can i be a scrubber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 07 2008, 10:18

You can be mine mechy - they'll not get done otherwise! lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  westie Fri Nov 07 2008, 13:03

mechy69 wrote:Can i be a scrubber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at your avatar your,'e almost there Wink
westie
westie
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 164
Hobbies : Retired into DIY & house renovation.
Humour : Yes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 07 2008, 21:04

Hi,
I don't get the 'scrubber service' Wink but I always get the 'mind how you go' warning from my local bike shop.

If they scrubbed them in I'd want the part used price for them!

M25 confused I've been in that car park, not much chance to scrub in tyres there surely?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down