Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Eifel - Test the water 2

+9
Rosco
Toni
Radar
BlueZed
SteveCat
kwakkat
weasley
morgy
0ldcat
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Eifel - Test the water 2 - Page 2 Empty The Eifel - Test the water 2

Post  0ldcat Tue Sep 29 2009, 11:11

First topic message reminder :

The Eifel is a beautiful semi mountainous region of Germany close to the Mosel and also has the Nürburgring in there. It's a national park much akin to Snowdonia or the Cairngorms. (please have a look at the link).
It's about a 3 or 4 hour journey from Calais to get to.

So here's the water tester !

The German thundercat Site is holding their yearly meeting (much like our "Something for the Weekend" meets), there next year (2010) from May 13th to 16th (thurs through Sun).

Sadly it is the weekend before our BCII so there's a slight clash . . . . sorry to ask for the choose, perhaps you could do both Very Happy

Question ?
Who - How many (if anyone) would be interested in making the trip to The Eifel and seeing what the other side has to offer ?

Remember we had 10 of the Dutch thundercat riders come over to one of our Welshpool meets and what an international flavour that gave the whole weekend too.
Is it time for us to spread our wings as a group and return the trip ? . . . . albeit to Germany and not Holland . Clap

Any possible maybe's ????
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

The Eifel - Test the water 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Eifel - Test the water 2

Post  Rosco Wed Oct 07 2009, 06:51

furball wrote:
Nürburgring.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds good to me Very Happy

topcatbones wrote:It's that Nurburgring tempter thing again.

Yep......it is a bit of a sweetener isn't it. Even if there isn't a organised visit to the ring as part of the rideout I'm sure those who are interested could visit there on the Sunday (you'd think it might be busy then though Mad )

topcatbones wrote:
Any more offers??

ok you sweet talking smoothie......£1

Rosco

Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 6659
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed Oct 07 2009, 06:58

Nothing wrong with my body anyway!!!

Maybe shave your legs and put on a bit of lippy?... girlpower

.......And I wud have loved to have done this ride-out, but seen as BCII was posted first, I will be doing that. ???Why wasnt the Eifel Run discussed with the BCII organiser first, so maybe both rideouts could have been sorted?? At the risk of getting into trouble........ salute
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed Oct 07 2009, 12:01

ellie wrote:.......And I wud have loved to have done this ride-out, but seen as BCII was posted first, I will be doing that.
BCII could always be slipped a month ..... there's still time Wink . So perhaps with a bit of slick management you still could do both naughty great

ellie wrote:???Why wasnt the Eifel Run discussed with the BCII organiser first, so maybe both rideouts could have been sorted?? At the risk of getting into trouble........ salute
I tried to persuade the organiser to slide BCII but only having sketchy ie a month not a specific date at the time of the Eifel meeting, I couldn't go into details.

See not in trouble, just an explanation What a Face salute whistle
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Sun Oct 11 2009, 12:25

Sorted!!!

clink SIGN ME UP AS A DEFINITE FOR THE GERMAN TRIP clink

whether anyone else is going or not tongue
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

The Eifel - Test the water 2 - Page 2 Empty Sad News

Post  0ldcat Tue Oct 13 2009, 10:51

Rosco thats great news that you have made the leap to come to the Eifel trip.

NOW the sad news . . ..

As part of their planning for the weekend the German thundercat admin did a search to see if the nurburgring could be a part of the weekends activities.
They came across an article which sadly announces a 24 hour endurance race weekend on the same dates as the thundercat meeting.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(When you open the link there is a wee GB flag top right of the window that translates the article to English if you click on it)

So the Nordschleife (Nurburgring) will be closed to the pubilc all weekend.

I thought I had best let you all know as this may well have an inpact on your decission whether to make the trip to Germany or not. I know for many of you the lure would have been to have a go at running the Ring.

The only alternative , which some of the German members are thinking of doing too, would be to stay an extra day or two for when the ring re-opens on the Monday to the general public again.

With all that said, the trip to the Eifel is still well worth the effort even without the chance to do the ring. But of course you will know best what you wish to do.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

All the best
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Toni Tue Oct 13 2009, 21:46

0ldcat wrote:would be to stay an extra day or two for when the ring re-opens on the Monday to the general public again

That were our thoughts :(
But one member of the german thundercat forum who knows the Nordschleife well has posted that the Nordschleife is definitely closed on Monday too. That is because they had to repair the track after a 24h race Shocked
It is even possible that the Tuesday will be closed too depending on how big the damage is :idea:

Sorry for that bad news...
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-09-28

http://www.thundercat-club.de

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Wed Oct 14 2009, 13:05

This doesn't affect the lure of the event to me; I'm as provisionally interested as I was before hearing this.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Oct 14 2009, 22:18

I guess the only other option is to do the 'ring' before the rideout - would that be the Thursday?

Is this this something the locals 'toni' can find out?

I'd probably still come for just the rideout anyway but it would be a shame to be so close and not be able to give the nurgerburger-ring a go.

Ps once I actually go there I'll start spelling it correctly.

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Toni Thu Oct 15 2009, 08:32

A local from the german forum who organises the meeting has written in our forum:

Tschnitzel wrote:Letztes Jahr war die Strecke schon ab Di oder Mi schon gesperrt

Shocked That means that the track is closed from Tuesday or Wednesday to the next week Monday or Tuesday Crying or Very sad wall

So our efforts to get on the ring are terminated grumpy
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Oct 15 2009, 15:30

Toni - what are the chances of moving the date of the run to allow a visit to the ring? I guess if the majority of the german thundercat people who wish to do the rideout and also want to do the 'ring' then it might be movable.

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Thu Oct 15 2009, 17:21

Rosco wrote:Toni - what are the chances of moving the date of the run to allow a visit to the ring? I guess if the majority of the german thundercat people who wish to do the rideout and also want to do the 'ring' then it might be movable.

Cheers
Ross

Sounds goooooooood to me great

Davie
furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Post  Toni Thu Oct 15 2009, 17:39

Rosco wrote:Toni - what are the chances of moving the date of the run to allow a visit to the ring?

Guess there is no chance Rolling Eyes

In Germany we meet only once a year - every year the weekend with and after Ascension Day. That is because this day is generally free in Germany so we just need to take free the friday to have a long weekend :idea:

For most of us the Nordschleife was a minor matter at the meeting - a can not must...

The Eifel has has wonderful passages for riding a bike - and meeting each other once in a year is the main thing for us.

Sorry for that Neutral
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Thu Oct 15 2009, 23:32

Not to worry. I'm still up for coming over for it as I've got my pass signed and rearranged other commitments in May. If it so happens that my ferry / travel arrangements allow me to stick around for a while then I might just manage a visit to the ring.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie990 Fri Oct 16 2009, 01:23

Excellent idea Tel,

I would have been well up for this but on th 13th May I'll be crossing the North Sea in a rather different vehicle :(

I hate it when work interferes with life! Looks as if this trip will be great.

Chris

Male Status :

Number of posts : 907
Hobbies : North Sea Pirate
Humour : Not for me, ta :)
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Wed Oct 21 2009, 11:34

Tel, count me in as a possible. Was going to go further afield but the missus is not happy so I might get away with a shorter Euro trip this year.
Def got to try and fit in the 'ring tho if poss.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed Oct 21 2009, 16:31

Hi Dave,

It would be great if you could make this trip. However the Nurburgring is deffinatly CLOSED during the meeting time due to an ADAC 24 Race meeting.
ADAC wrote:The 2010 ADAC Zurich 24hr Race at the Nürburgring will be held on the Ascension Weekend (13 to 16th May). This was announced by the ‘ADAC Nordrhein’, the organisers of the rich in tradition Nordschleife event. And again the fans may look forward to a top-class motor-racing weekend.

In addition to the 24h race itself, there will be a support programme featuring several other on- and off-track highlights. From the Adenauer Racing Day through the ‘Drift Challenge’ to the 24hr Classic, a race contested by classic endurance racing vehicles at the legendary Nordschleife. Tickets for the 24-hour race can be ordered from September, 2009, via the hotline +49 (0) 1805 4470 (0.14 Euro from the T-Online landline, mobile-call prices can differ) or in the World Wide Web at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So unless you go a few days earlier or stop on a few days longer there'll be no chance of a fly around the Ring this time out . . . . sorry Crying or Very sad

However , The Eifel is a National Park area. Much akin to any of the national parks we have here in the UK, with all the usual beauty and features you might expect to find in them. Especially forest lined twisties. Trust me, I've been there green smile great .
I'm sure that our hosts will not dissapoint us on the two days of ride outs with the routes or in the evenings entertainments either .
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

The Eifel - Test the water 2 - Page 2 Empty Update - some facts

Post  Toni Thu Nov 05 2009, 16:42

Here are some facts about the German meeting for those who are interested:

The accommodation is a little kind of hotel called "Forsthaus"!

Hotel Forsthaus

Google Maps

In this "hotel" there are booked 35 beds without obligation until the beginning of january, 10 of the beds are in a house about 1km away from the main place (but with transfer in the morning and evening inclusive clink Wink )

There are rooms with 2 beds, and rooms with 4 beds.
The procedure is "The early bird catches the worm" - in this case the bed Very Happy
The price is 27€ for one night with breakfast.

But there is also the possibility to camp for 15€/night with breakfast.

I think the best option for those who are interested is to send a pm to Tel (0ldcat) when he is back :idea:

So long - i hope it was comprehensible Embarassed
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Fri Nov 20 2009, 01:50

Toni wrote:A local from the german forum who organises the meeting has written in our forum:

Tschnitzel wrote:Letztes Jahr war die Strecke schon ab Di oder Mi schon gesperrt

Shocked That means that the track is closed from Tuesday or Wednesday to the next week Monday or Tuesday Crying or Very sad wall

So our efforts to get on the ring are terminated grumpy

To all our German speaking friends.........Would it be possible for one of you to get confirmation from the Nurburgring to find out exactly when it will be OPEN to the public before and after the 13th-16th May.

Dirt Bike Dave and I are very keen to get out on the Nurburgring track and would either come over early OR stay on later but without knowing the dates it will be closed (and more importantly OPEN) we can't sort out our travel arrangements.

Would really appreciate if someone could help us.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Toni Fri Nov 20 2009, 13:00

Rosco wrote:Dirt Bike Dave and I are very keen to get out on the Nurburgring track

I am keen to that too - believe me.

I have now called the Nürburgring hot line:

The track is definately closed from May, 11th, to May, 17th, because of the 24h-race :(
When it will be open again after the race cannot be said. That depends on the damages happened during the race :idea:
If it is open for tourists on the weekend before (8th and 9th of May) can't be said at the moment Neutral

The dates for tourists riding the Nordschleife in 2010 haven't been published yet. The woman told me, that the dates normally will be published about three month before the date. That guarantees the officials of the Nürburgring a high flexibility in renting the Nordschleife to the big companies to test their cars Rolling Eyes

Sorry for this unsatisfying information...
Toni
Toni
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2