Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This will make your eyes water

5 posters

Go down

This will make your eyes water Empty This will make your eyes water

Post  terry lees Wed Jun 24 2015, 15:55

Talking today with the guy who does my MOTs. he has recently returned fro a trip to Germany Austria and Switzerland with his mates. Whilst there they were pulled in for a random check along with cars wagons etc. These police were armed with laptops and all the legal paraphernalia. so as to judge whether a vehicle was roadworthy and complied with the manufacturers specs. You can see where this is going. A couple of years ago he fitted an after market exhaust system but never fitted the inner baffles, so the Swiss police issued him with Euro500 on the spot fine. They also declared that the bike would stay there until it complied. Very lucky for him, he was carrying said baffles, so asked the coppers that if he fitted them there and then would they wave the fine.NO Asked what would have happened had he not had the said baffles, he was told that the bike would stay with them until the the correct exhaust was either flown out or whatever. Two of the other guys with him also had aftermarket cans on But because they were made by Triumph and had the correct numbers and stamps marked on the exhaust, were allowed on their way. I thought the Austrian police were bad, but these guys are in a different league. In case some are wondering about the currency issue, he was originally asked to pay in Swiss francs, but they very kindly allowed him to pay in Euros. I think he did well to get away with his life!
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

This will make your eyes water Empty Re: This will make your eyes water

Post  0ldcat Wed Jun 24 2015, 17:00

Ahhh, The Swiss,  . . . They are world renowned and distinguished internal combustion engine haters, only one step behind the Amish.
But you're right, a €500 on the spot fine is eye wateringly shocking affraid
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Wed Jun 24 2015, 17:40

For that kind of money I'd consider doing a reverse Steve McQueen. Smile
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Jun 24 2015, 18:20

I've tended to be very nervous about going through Switzerland, this don't make it any easier.

I've heard stories recently of a chap with a Tracer in Germany who took off the screen to try and get to the bottom of why there is so much wind noise, plod were onto him so fast and told him to put it back on - so think they are not far behind the Swiss. Unless the manufacturer has approved it, then no way can you use it! sad
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueZed Wed Jun 24 2015, 19:42

I avoid going to Switzerland like the plague! They're very strict about anything car or motorbike related and you get pulled over for doing like 2 or 3 kmph over the limit. The fines are usually means-tested so if you're rich you pay a lot more... find that part fair what with beeing poor and all Wink

Also it's become bloody expensive what with them "freeing" their currency a while ago.
BlueZed
BlueZed
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 317
Hobbies : Space cadet
Humour : NEIN!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down