Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 Sign Up Page

+20
prime
Dirt Bike Dave
DAF
Tom...
RichRich
mechy69
0ldcat
SteveCat
Catapulted
YZFJohn
mrfrance
Thunder_Chris_47
Panzerbuilder
kwakkat
MrNutt
Snowcat
Cheshirecat
ellie
robertcains
greencat
24 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 Sign Up Page - Page 3 Empty Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 Sign Up Page

Post  greencat Sun Jun 23 2013, 22:51

First topic message reminder :

Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 Sign Up Page - Page 3 Tol10_10

If you are going to attend this year's ToL please post up and I'll add you to the sign-up page.
The base for the event will be The Village Limits where some of us will be staying Fri and Sat nights.
The rideout will be on the Saturday - 200 miles of Lincolnshire's finest roads, scenery, history and food Thumb

Dinner will be at The Village Limits on the Sat night. Please let me know if you want dinner. 
You can find a menu here however they also do a specials board and I'll post up details as soon as I have them.
I can recommend the steak pie! They also have a selection of salads.... particularly good with the sausage garnish. Very Happy
The specials board for ToL is:

Starters
• Crayfish Au Gratin with Garlic Bread
• Pork and Mushroom Terrine with a Hedgerow Jam
• Twice Baked Poacher Cheese Soufflé with Garlic Cream and Chives
• Oat Coated Mackerel with Horseradish Cream and Rocket Salad

Mains
• Creamy Seafood Bake with a Crunchy Cheese Top
• Stilton and Spring Onion Tart with a Stilton Cream Sauce
• Homemade Lamb and Sweet Potato Pie with a Red Wine and Rosemary Gravy
• Chargrilled Ribeye Steak with Fried Onions and a Whisky and Mustard Butter

I need to book places and we need to pre-order so the kitchen can feed us all promptly.

Your welcome to join any part of the weekend - ride-out only, dinner only or the whole event. Just let me know.
This is so I can gauge how many are coming and adjust the plans for the day to suit as many folk as possible.

There are plenty of accommodation options in Woodhall Spa, more details appear below the sign-up table.

Cheers,
Chris

This is the list as of 4 September 2013.

SiteNameNameFri NightSat NightSat Eve DinnerRideout
GreencatChrisVillage LimitsVillage LimitsLamb and Sweet Potato PieY
Mechy69PeteVillage LimitsVillage LimitsStarter: Twice Baked Poacher Cheese Soufflé Main: Chargrilled Ribeye Steak with chipsY
robertcainsNickVillage LimitsVillage LimitsFillet Steak & mushroom/Stilton with a small chips sideY
ellieEllieVillage LimitsVillage LimitsFillet Steak & Mushrooms/Stilton with new tates & vegY
kwakcatPeteVillage LimitsVillage LimitsRump SteakY
fredFredVillage LimitsVillage LimitsRump SteakP
MrNuttDaveVillage LimitsVillage LimitsRibeye steak (medium ) no tomato or mushroom, large side of chipsY
TT_markMarkVillage LimitsVillage LimitsGammon steak/grilled peach with new potatoesY
alleycatAlexCampingCampingLincolnshire Sausage and MashY
Mr FrancePaulCampingCampingLincolnshire Sausage and MashY
RobcatRobNNNY
Little NinjaLinzNNNP
PanzerbuilderRichNNNY
Thunder_Chris_47ChrisNNNY
DaveNVillage LimitsSteak PieY
JimNVillage LimitsSteak PieY
MarkNVillage Limits?Steak PieY
SteveNVillage Limits?Steak PieY
YZFJohnJohnNNNY
Jon BNNNY
RichRichRichVillage LimitsVillage LimitsLincolnshire Sausage and MashY
ClaireVillage LimitsVillage LimitsFillet Steak (well done) with wild mushrooms & stilton with new potatoes and vegP
CatapultedMarkNCampingLincolnshire Sausage and MashY
DAFDarrenNNNY
primeChrisCampingCampingStarter: Twice Baked Poacher Cheese Soufflé Main: Creamy Seafood BakeY
B&B accommodation:
The Claremont Guest House
The PitchAway B&B
The Vale Guest House

Hotels:
The Petwood Hotel
The Golf Hotel

Self catering accommodation:
The HideAway

Camping, Caravaning & 'Sky' lodges:
Woodhall Country Park
Petwood Caravan Park

Last edited by greencat on Wed Sep 04 2013, 18:16; edited 32 times in total (Reason for editing : Menu choices added, specials board added, food orders updated)
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 Sign Up Page - Page 3 Empty Re: Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 Sign Up Page

Post  DAF Sun Aug 11 2013, 22:23

Thanks Terry

I'm not the best at keeping in touch at the best of times and my life has been on a bumpy road for a while.

Need to start getting back out on the bike a bit more regularly, my 8000 miles and two sets of tyres a year has gone down to a few hundred and thoughts of selling up.
Not done it yet as I know I would want to go out the week after I sold it.

DAF
2Bronze
2Bronze

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 Sign Up Page - Page 3 Empty Re: Taste of Lincolnshire 2013 Sign Up Page

Post  Catapulted Sun Aug 11 2013, 23:00

Darren - Looks like its just me and you early on Saturday morning. James has just confirmed he can't make it. Perhaps
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Mon Aug 12 2013, 09:21

Put me down for a maybe.
I might just be able to make this but it'll be a last minute thing if I can..... Here's hoping!!
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Mon Aug 12 2013, 09:58

Excellent news DBD & DAF & Catapulted!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Mon Aug 12 2013, 10:35

I might also be able to come, but again its going to be a last minute thing. ill camp with the boys if I do come. I shall keep you posted. : )
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Aug 13 2013, 14:07

Welcome back DAF & Catapulted.

Thought you two had vanished.

I hear Chris has bought an industrial laminator and put extra signage up for the first corner to welcome you both back.

Hope y'all have a great time - I'll be thinking of you when I'm up in Oban forcing myself to try to like Whisky.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Tue Aug 13 2013, 18:18

well to be honest , mark needs the second corner signing ???, but banned from doing that as im TEC,, and wont allow it, have stocked up on cuddly teddies !!!!!!!

Welcome back you 2,,
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black

Back to top Go down

Post  Catapulted Tue Aug 13 2013, 22:58

TBH I had completely forgotton about my GS deciding to get a closer look at a Lincolnshire hedgerow. So glad you reminded me. Does my historic hedge mis-hap qualify me for a retrospective numpty point, or do I need to do something equally dumb this year?

Good to hear from you Ross
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Aug 13 2013, 23:06

Catapulted wrote:TBH I had completely forgotton about my GS deciding to get a closer look at a Lincolnshire hedgerow.  So glad you reminded me.   Does my historic hedge mis-hap qualify me for a retrospective numpty point, or do I need to do something equally dumb this year?

Good to hear from you Ross
Hi Mark

It was a memorable day out for everyone that day.  Mevsyd hasn't back-marked since and he is still re-covering after all the weight-lifting that day in the first 30 mins.
Nice to see your boobies bouncing here again though.

I'll sort out your numpty point just shortly (assuming someone will be kind enough to second it)

Cheers
Ross
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Wed Aug 14 2013, 06:29

I will second that , the only bit I didn't sweep that year !!!
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  DAF Mon Aug 19 2013, 21:25

Due to work circumstances I will not be able to stay on the Saturday evening, so I will be heading home after the rideout.
Please remove my menu choices from the list.
Sorry for messing you about Chris.
DAF
DAF
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 19
Hobbies : Composites/Motorbikes, Home Cinema, cycling, cars, gadgets, swimming, Scuba Diving, Skiing. Tripledaf on XBOX live
Humour : I've been banned from telling jokes with threats of violence if I do.
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Mon Aug 19 2013, 22:44

Hi Darren,

No messing about has occurred, but there again the rideout hasn't started!

Shame you have to head back and can't stay for the evening, but it'll be great to see you again.

Have a safe ride up.

Cheers,
Chris
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed Aug 21 2013, 22:42

Really looking forward to this rideout - Lincs has some of my favourite biking roads.

Fingers crossed for great weather :-)
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Thu Aug 22 2013, 12:40

Was hoping to make it after all but my front wheel incident on Monday has left the Panigale in need of repair. Maybe next year!!
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Thu Aug 22 2013, 22:12

An injured Panigale Dave? Chris (greencat) can help you with tips and his organisation is impeccable.

Spill the beans will ya but hopefully you are ok, but gutted I bet about ya bike. (I'd be if I had an incident on the R1).
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Fri Aug 23 2013, 06:14

Check eBay out Dave !!!!
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri Aug 23 2013, 10:29

why pete is he selling it rofl 
pete the other 1
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Fri Aug 23 2013, 10:48

Not paying enough attention. My own fault. Was looking at the next bend and when I looked down the first bend was on me. Going too hot and tried to brake but realised I wasn't making it so tried to throw the bike round the right hander off the brakes and shut my eyes.The more I think about it the luckier I feel. If there wasn't a kerb to bounce off then me and the bike were off skidding down the road.Think the impact threw me and the bike upright and luckily I landed back on it. Front wheel is buckled but thankfully no more damage.
1 life used for sure. And a wee boot up the arse to calm down a bit.
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Robcat Fri Aug 23 2013, 10:59

Me and Linz had a 2 wheel slide on the R1 a few weeks ago on that invisible gravel that accumulates in the middle of the road. Just before and around a left hander.

But glad you come off lightly. Far worse it could of been. Brings back memories of Ross and his front wheel.

Rob
Robcat
Robcat
1Gold
1Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 518
Hobbies : Xbox and crashing planes
Humour : Very Wet!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sat Aug 24 2013, 22:15

DBD, I'm sure you can get a new wheel sorted for 7th September?!Thumb 

ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Sun Aug 25 2013, 11:39

I think he is too busy having bbq's
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Thu Aug 29 2013, 11:52

For the Saturday night meal could I please have the Lincolnshire sausage and mash please (it'll be rude not too!)

I'll prompt Alleycat for his order...

I think it's safe to say that Helmet Dave won't be coming as he hasn't been responding to my efforts.

Cheers

Paul
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Sat Aug 31 2013, 00:01

Hello All,

A week to go and the plans are nearly complete. You just need to turn up and enjoy! great 

I've updated the sign-up page. If I've got anything wrong, or worse, missed someone out, then please let me know.
It's still not too late to join us if you want to, just post up in this tread.
I will be posting up the Specials menu for Saturday night as soon as I get it.
So no rush yet for menu choices, but I'd appreciate you letting me know as soon as you can after I post the menu.

The venue is sorted welcome1 
We are expected. It's a great place. Please enjoy the food and hospitality, but respect any other guests staying at this small venue.

The stops are sorted. Champers 
I'd suggest a couple of days fasting before the weekend as there are 3 fine drink/eatery stops booked.
And that's not including dinner on the evening(s).

The route is sorted. YaY 
Just under 200 miles, but with an optional extra bit if we make good time, haven't over eaten and folk want more after the tea stop.

The weather is booked sunny 
Looking promising, but can't really guarantee that part. It's up to him upstairs Rolling Eyes 

Mechy will be Tail End Charlie for the day, so please follow the marking system. BaseballCat  I don't have time to run around picking up his teddy! whistle There will be a brief explanation of the marking system at the start of the rideout. Alternatively check out the explanation here

I expect to be at the venue by 5pm on Friday. I will leave a list of who is staying at the venue with the staff. They'll allocate those of you who are staying there to your rooms.
On Friday evening folk will be arriving at varying times so I think it best to order food as required. It might mean a bit of a wait for your food, but I think it's more flexible that way. If you know when you're likely to arrive then post it up and I can change the arrangement to suit.

For those arriving on Saturday morning (there are quite a few) you can leave any luggage at the venue in one of our rooms.
Please arrive with sufficient fuel to cover 75 miles; that's to the first fuel stop on the ride out.
The nearest filling stations to the venue are: here & here

I plan to depart just after 9am so please arrive in plenty of time. If you are delayed let me know on 0seven90three 4hundred 468.

Enjoy the ride to ToL. Stay safe.
I look forward to seeing you on Friday or Saturday.

Cheers,
Chris
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Sat Aug 31 2013, 07:03

And just to be sure I have been stocking up on the cuddly toys so beware !!!!!
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sat Aug 31 2013, 07:10

& ive bought a fishing net to scoop them all up with out getting off the bike lachen 
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Sat Aug 31 2013, 09:23

Feeling excited! Very Happy 
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next