Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show us your biking history in pics

+24
Strawballs
dudeofrude
ian505050
HEHORE
littlecat
reciprocity
dixiethedog
sir digby
Panzerbuilder
yamahamad
0ldcat
SimonAKASimon
bigcarl
pipersam
ellie
Radar
robertcains
tcatcarson
redrob600
jacurutu
BlueZed
SteveCat
stretchie_
Catapulted
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Show us your biking history in pics Empty Show us your biking history in pics

Post  Catapulted Thu Nov 13 2008, 22:33

Here's mine.

Started off with a 125 like this one (except mine was black) Slow and seriously uncool, but my first pair of wheels so it was cool to me.

Show us your biking history in pics Etz125

Passed my test and moved on to a heady 33bhp in the form of this:-

Show us your biking history in pics Leftview

2 years probation over and the sportsbike world was my oyster! So I chose this:-

Show us your biking history in pics WelspoolTrip004

Made the mistake of watching Long Way Round once to often, so this joined the stable for a while:-

Show us your biking history in pics Scotland001

Which was replaced with a newer version:-

Show us your biking history in pics Beemer

But I didn't like the colour so it got converted to this:-

Show us your biking history in pics IMGP0703-1

Still love the beemer, fantastic all round bike, but when this came up for sale I couldn't resist:-

Show us your biking history in pics DSC00272

Job permitting, intending to keep both for another summer of fun......!

What's your story?
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Show us your biking history in pics Empty Re: Show us your biking history in pics

Post  stretchie_ Tue Nov 18 2008, 15:31

Old Faithlessful

The 2001 Cat

Show us your biking history in pics Maverick2

Then the 2000 Blade (GORGEOUS BIKE)
Show us your biking history in pics IMAG0043Small

Now the 1997 BlackBird (Or ICBM as some mate call it.. InterContinental Ballistic Missle

Show us your biking history in pics IMAG0094Small
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Show us your biking history in pics Empty My biking history in pictures and many words!

Post  SteveCat Tue Nov 25 2008, 23:17

After more than 3 years campaigning, I was finally allowed to buy a bike in 1975. Scared the folks would change their mind, I bought the first one they agreed to. It was awful, cost me 120 Rand ( these days that is about £9 - then it was a lot of money). It's an early 70's Suzuki AC50. Oh that's a Rover in the background!
I just got home after buying it, parents were convinced I'd kill myself on it, probably that's why the pic was taken Wink

Show us your biking history in pics As5011

After a few months I was able to get a RD50, not a good pic - seems to be the only one I have. My brother had taken it over and I'm aboard my GT750, a side view of the Suz is after this one.

Show us your biking history in pics Rd-gt10

Show us your biking history in pics Gt75010.

I got the 750 because I had long distances to travel to college. When those days were over, I thought I'd downsize to a new GS400.

Show us your biking history in pics Gs40010

The biking bug had bitten, and as great as that little bike was, I needed a real bike, so after 3 months it gave way to the just released GS1000G, ridden here by a friend of mine. Three of us were on a 3 week camping holiday - no decent hard luggage in those days.

Show us your biking history in pics Gs100010

I didn't keep bikes very long before buying a new one, so new bike #3 came along less than 2 years later. I was told the bike wouldn't see two years or 20 000 kms - turbo would blow up etc .. well it went a lot further than that and I kept it for a month short of 21 years - this pic is just before I let her go. Not too bad for someone who didn't believe in washing a bike.

Show us your biking history in pics Turbo10

That was supposed to have been my last bike. I come to England and within a year buy the bike I wanted to get in 1997.

Show us your biking history in pics Thunde10
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Show us your biking history in pics Empty Re: Show us your biking history in pics

Post  BlueZed Fri Nov 28 2008, 12:02

Great idea  Very Happy

So... here's my story...

Started off in 1997 on a 1964 Zündapp Solo M50 as a student. It came in two boxes from one of my parents' neighbours and my dad and I had a lot of fun re-building it. I then used it as a run-about in the city where I was studying. Was way cheaper than the bus and much less exhausting than cycling.

Show us your biking history in pics P0001025

Then I moved to the UK and in 2001 got a "proper" bike license through a DAS course. And on the day I passed I bought myself a 2000 BMW F650GS. Just like this one...

Show us your biking history in pics F650gs10

After a year or so I got a bit bored with the one cylinder and 60 or so bhp so I doubled the cylinder count with a 1998 BMW R1100S.
Now that was the worst bike I've ever owned. Even the Zündapp was more reliable! It broke down 3 times in the 9 or so months I owned it resulting in 3 major repairs and accompanying huge bills of course. The worst breakdown was on the German Autobahn in the left lane going around 200 km/h when the ECU exploded  affraid

Show us your biking history in pics R1100S

That meant it had to go in spring 2003 and I got a 2000 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm instead. Very nice bike and very reliable. Great sound too with those Scorpion cans. But fuel consumption was ridiculous. With the 18 litre tank I only got about 100-120 miles even when not going especially fast!

Show us your biking history in pics CRW_1951_RJ

And then I thought I wanted something different. That was is summer 2004 when I got a brand new Kawasaki Z750. It's the most fun bike I've owned so far and I still have it and ride it. Even took it with me in the lorry when we moved to Germany and now take it to the Alps every now and then. Just awesome and just like it was built for those roads. Don't think I'll change bikes in a hurry and will probably keep this one for good left thumb up

Show us your biking history in pics P1010310

That's it for me  Very Happy

Last edited by BlueZed on Mon Apr 18 2016, 08:47; edited 5 times in total
BlueZed
BlueZed
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 317
Hobbies : Space cadet
Humour : NEIN!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  jacurutu Thu Jan 08 2009, 12:13

Well, after wanting a bike for ages, and both my partner and my parents being dead set against it, I finally persuaded Jenny that when she moved away from her job (working at the local paper, filing RTA stories amongst other things) I could do my test. So, in 2002 when she left, I booked some training and then told her Smile Passed the test then wondered what to buy, until I came across this thing called a thundercat So, off I went, and with some help from a couple of mates who know something about bikes, I picked up this in autumn 2002:

Show us your biking history in pics Pict2010

I actually wanted a silver/yellow one, but the black/silver/orange grew on me. Riding it through the first winter didn't do it any favours, and in 2005 when the brakes and exhaust headers were looking past their best, and I was getting bored of it, I decided it was time to move on. After trying a few things, I came to the conclusion that actually, it's a damn good bike. Still, I exchanged it for a Daytona 955i:

Show us your biking history in pics Pict2011

It was great up until I threw it down the road, at which point I lost all confidence in it and it stopped being fun. And the electrics packed up in the wet (not good for going on rideouts with this group then...). So last year I decided to defect to the dark side and picked up a nice boring Twisted Evil Beemer:

Show us your biking history in pics Dsc58910

Oh dear... now I've started wondering what's next Exclamation

Kev
jacurutu
jacurutu
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 29
Hobbies : Octopush
Humour : Hmm...
Registration date : 2009-01-06

http://www.jacurutu.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  redrob600 Fri Jan 09 2009, 10:40

Well...

Started in 1968 with a 1953 BSA 125 Bantam - looked exactly like this, until I turned it into a cafe racer (yes, it's true), but unfortunately no pics.
Show us your biking history in pics 1952d110

That was replaced by a brand new Suzuki 125 Stinger in 1972 when I started work. Cracking little bike and loads of fun! Think mine was purple!
Show us your biking history in pics Suzt1210

Had that for a couple of years, then my brother passed on his Triumph Tiger 90 (350cc), though mine was all black.
Show us your biking history in pics Triump10

Me and the bike both got scrunched by a lorry in 1975 and was replaced with another that I built from a box of bits, including a 500cc barrel conversion (no pics)

Then in 1978 I got a brand new Honda CB750 K7 with the money from the accident. First time I rode a bike well over the ton.
Show us your biking history in pics Cb750k10

That went when my daughter arrived in 1983, and I was bikeless until 2004 when I treated myself to a Yamaha Diversion 600 for my 50th. This is her on holiday in the Scottish Higlands
Show us your biking history in pics Divers10

And finally bought my beloved beautiful Thundercat last year, (though alas she is now no more as I threw her down Gerrards at Mallory Park)
Show us your biking history in pics Cat110

Will hopefully get my next bike later this year.
redrob600
redrob600
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 56
Hobbies : software developer
Humour : yes please
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Show us your biking history in pics Empty Bike history

Post  Guest Wed Jan 14 2009, 13:55

Not a particularly long list of bikes, but...

Started off with a share in a DT125 (LC?) ridden only off-road (bit of a nail) with a mate in the village I grew up in (north edge of Cotswolds). I would have been 16-17 at the time. No photo... but very much like this:
Show us your biking history in pics Dt12510

Didn't get my road licence until I was in my mid 20s (being a poor student and then repaying debts saw that idea kicked out). First bike was a Kawasaki ER5 (P-plate): (same as this one)
Show us your biking history in pics Er510

After a couple of months I was bored so (for some reason) bought one of these (Bandit 1200S- looked similar to this):
Show us your biking history in pics Bandit11

That didn't last long either- big and heavy, handling was sloppy and the engine was too insane for my inexperience!
So I bought my 1999 'vivid cocktail' red Thundercat in late 2000. Pictured below in Norway.
Show us your biking history in pics Norway10

Loved the Thundercat, did a number of track days and tours and used it for commuting to work all year round. During the 6 years I had the 'Cat I briefly also had a CBR600 Sport and a Kawasaki ZX9R (both bought cheap from friends who were emigrating, tidied up, serviced and sold at a profit...after trying them out around Derbyshire! Took the ZX9R on a Donnington Park track day too...awesome power, but made good money on the bike and resisted keeping it). Think I put close to 45k on the 'Cat before I had a little accident 4 days before my wedding!...
Show us your biking history in pics Dsc00210

Had a year off biking (insurance money disappeared into honeymoon fund Rolling Eyes ). After a year of hating commuting and the traffic around Bristol I bought a cheap bike... a mate's Fazer 600 (right hand bike in the Norway tour photo above). Had the Fazer for the past year, but I need another workhorse so I'm picking up a 2001 BMW R1150GS in the couple of weeks. Been toying with the idea for about 6 years, since riding a friend's old 1100 on and off road and borrowing a couple from Beemer dealers to try them out for a day. Watching Ewan and Charlie cemented the idea... getting married and becoming a Dad reduced my funds a lot, so have had to wait for an affordable example to come along!

Might find I hanker after a sports bike again in the future, but it would be too impractical for my current needs...and a second bike is out of the question right now. grumpy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tcatcarson Fri Feb 06 2009, 08:27

Great topic for a thread, and quite a heritage some of you have! I am still a newb, it would seem...

Passed my test and got a GPZ500s in red, loved it more than air or water.
Show us your biking history in pics Kawasaki_gpz500s_95

Then wanted faster, so bought one of these things.
Show us your biking history in pics Ym50_doc-33-yzf600r

Kept it for a few years and had loads of fun, before starting to worry about my license so changed it for a
Show us your biking history in pics Cb1300d

Here they are together...
Show us your biking history in pics 503760565_26819c2ff6

Missed a fairing, and wanted to see what bikes could really do, so got a
Show us your biking history in pics 503513994_85d852d358

Turns out that what the Suzuki did really well was break down. Am in the throws of organising my next one though, going for a...
Show us your biking history in pics Honda_CB1300S_st6pz

Yes, same as before but with the fairing I missed....
tcatcarson
tcatcarson
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 216
Hobbies : Teacher, cyclist, runner, photographer, father.
Humour : Just desserts, quick thinking
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://www.blipfoto.com/leecarson

Back to top Go down

Show us your biking history in pics Empty My history

Post  robertcains Wed Feb 18 2009, 21:59

Most of my biking history, just a couple of RXS100's missing as far as I can remember.

A 15 yr old me in spray on jeans with my 1977 FS1E owned in 1985
Show us your biking history in pics Img012tx3

Show us your biking history in pics Img018zd3

FS1E after its respray
Show us your biking history in pics Img019fi4

Honda wet dream,owned by me in 1986
Show us your biking history in pics Img016mj8

1977 CB125, owned by me in 1987
Show us your biking history in pics Img014nb2

My favourite bike of all time, 1986 RD125LC owned by me in 1987, best handling bike I've ever owned & ironically the only one I've crashed too. took my bike test on this bike
Show us your biking history in pics Img013rc5

1981 RD350LC, owned by me in 1987, Sheer lunatic bike at 17 yrs oldShow us your biking history in pics Img020kr3

Z250 owned by me in 1988
Show us your biking history in pics Img015fl3

1981 DT175, owned by me in 1988
Show us your biking history in pics Img017pp1

1993 SR125, owned by me in 2006
Show us your biking history in pics Dscn2791ud0

2000 GPZ500s, owned by me in 2007
Show us your biking history in pics Gpzphotowf9

1999 Thundercat, owned by me in 2007
Show us your biking history in pics Img2608uo9
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Fri May 29 2009, 23:50

Some great history and pics from everybody, so here is my story...

A few years ago I had the notion to be a journalist working for a bike magazine and applied so for a job with one of the major titles. As my CV had nothing to do with bikes or biking I decided to submit an alternative CV detailing all the main bikes that I have owned and what impact they had on my life. Didn't get job obviously and the CV has been sitting on my PC ever since. I thought that you lot might find it of interest...

Mar 00 to date
Yamaha YZR600R Thundercat.
Job Description: Sports tourer.

Show us your biking history in pics Bikepics-350461-800

This bike marked my return to the front of the pack, or at least towards the front. Blessed with a stupid name (could be worse could be a Vulcan), a strong engine and soft suspension well suited to the bumpy Worcestershire lanes that surround my home. This bike is first I have ever bought purely as a toy, my demise from day in day out biker to Sunday morning scratcher complete.
Iinitially I was restricted to “600cc squadron”, the group I ventured out with weekends. This was great fun, but the chance to build a relationship with your bike isn’t there, that only comes with constant use and care in all conditions and circumstances. That has come in the last two years as the loss of a company car has meant much more day in, day out riding too. During 2007 I used the T Cat for a stunning 2300 mile, 10 day blast across France, Italy and Switzerland. The T Cat was faultless

Nov 05 to April 07
Yamaha XJR1300SP
Job Description: Proper Bike
After years on poncy sports bikes time for some heavy metal!!!! The XJR was a real muscle bike, and the creamy torque of the big aircooled lump made the big Yam easy to ride. However for some reason the fire did not burn in quite the way I thought and I sold the beast after only 18 months.

Show us your biking history in pics Bikepics-468788-800

Nov. 91 to Mar 00.
Yamaha FZ750 Genesis.
Job Description: Pure Sports (Well, that was what it said on the fairing!).

Show us your biking history in pics Bikepics-348435-800

My “line in the sand”, the encroachment into my biking life that the onset of wife, mortgages and children inevitably brings stopped here. Bought initially as a good all rounder and pressed into daily service. In one glorious summer I crammed 10,000 miles into only four months as I blasted between Norfolk and Worcestershire every weekend. Rarely have I ridden so swiftly and so well, I knew every little nuance of the bikes behaviour, where the engine pulled best, how to exploit the quick steering 16” front wheel, what I could get away with basically. My route was punctuated with clock towers on churches and town halls etc. and I set myself bogie times from clock to clock that I had to match or beat. All very silly of course, but huge fun and a good way a breaking the pattern of the same run time after time.
This bike and I became old friends as I cared for her as she slipped gracefully into her dotage. New suspension, brakes, pipes etc. Gradually she fell from regular use as the pressures of working and family life grew. Even at the end she looked great, Micron pipe glinting in the sun, that iconic 20 valve engine still keen and eager to propel me into a world where troubles are sucked away in the slipstream.
But old father time is unforgiving, unrelenting foe and eventually the time had come to move on. When she slipped from view for last time a lump formed in my throat. Goodbye old friend, still crazy after all these years!

June ’89 to Nov’91.
Yamaha RD350F2.
Job Description: Budget Sports. (I think).

Show us your biking history in pics Bikepics-432630-800

They say never go back out with an old girlfriend, and this bike rather proved the point. After my first YPVS this bike was something of an anti-climax. By the time I bought it new the Powervalve legend was fading, the RGV Suzuki and KR1-S Kawasaki had adopted the mantle of the chosen tool of the lunatic fringe.
A good bike in many ways that I enjoyed riding, but it lacked the edge of the earlier models. The raw fun was gone and our time together was pretty quiet, although blowing away a local nutter on a heavily tuned YPVS engined 350LC was a highlight. To be honest the biggest thrill it provided was that only collecting a brand new bike can bring, that heady mixture of nerves and anticipation.

Sept. ’88 to Mar. ’89.
Honda VF1000FII
Job Description: Dinosaur.

Show us your biking history in pics Bikepics-447321-800

Oh dear, we all make mistakes and this was mine, a huge bike in every respect and I hated it. Quite why I bought it continues to elude me. On the test ride I was pulled out on by a Nun in Transit van of all things, but did I take the hint, oh no. The handling was extremely top heavy and I had no confidence on this bike at all. A powerful, gusty engine was a highlight, but the whole added up to much less than the sum of its’ parts. So here was a bike that at time in my life I could ride at will that I actually chose to leave in the garage. Not surprisingly, it did not last long in my hands and just after we took an unplanned flight literally into the Norfolk countryside (in bid to keep up with a GPZ900 mounted friend), she was hastily sold and money spent on my wedding ~ see, I would do anything to get shot of it!

Jan. ’87 to Sep.’88.
Suzuki GS550E
Job Description: Definitive UJM.

Had a hard act to follow after the manic YPVS that proceeded it. A good solid bike that did many things well, and went about its day with a minimum of fuss. The first and to date, only bike I have taken to the IOM. At time when I was buying my first house the GS was a good tool to keep my hand in. Not the greatest bike, but hey, a bike is a bike!

Mar. ’85 to Jan.’87.
Yamaha RD350YPVS.
Job Description: Adrenaline Pump.

Show us your biking history in pics Bikepics-432676-800

The absolute DB’s! This bike and I spent a roller coaster 18 months together, thrashed and ultimately perhaps inevitably, crashed. The bond between bike and rider was strong here, and at the time I owned this bike they were THE machines for the young lunatic about town!
There were so many highs and so many lows. Formation wheelies in traffic, side by side with my best mate aboard an identical bike, crazy high speed rides to nowhere just for the hell of it. The thrill of scaring your girlfriends shitless! It was not big, it was not clever, it never impressed the girlfriends, but so what!
In 18 glorious months it ate 7 tyres, countless brake pads and I generally poured money into my habit ~ everything had to be scarified to allow worship at the altar of the POWERVALVE.
It had to end in tears and sure enough on September evening I came second in an unequal fight with a Bedford lorry - boy did that hurt. The bike was put back together again, but something had gone, the feeling of invincibility that only the I high octane mix of ignorance and youth can bring. Time to move on, but the memories will linger forever.

April 1984 to March 1985.
Yamaha RD250LC.
Job Description: First Sports Bike.

Show us your biking history in pics Bikepics-432673-800

My first step into “big bikes”, the LC was a great fun bike. Light, fast and furious it really was the best bike for me as a (fairly) skinny 18-year-old seeking cheap kicks. The first bike I clocked 100 mph on, the first I took touring with my mates, and this first bike I took to pieces. After my CB100 the bike seemed so fast and I felt I had the respect of my peers. The LC provided me with a year of fun, what more could I ask for?

October 1983 to April 1984.
Honda CB100N-A
Job Description: Learner legal sports.

Show us your biking history in pics Bikepics-432671-800

Where the habit I can’t just kick all started. I really wanted a 125LC but could not afford the insurance! I learnt to ride on this bike wobbling around the car park of disused factory, then later passed my test too. I discovered the world of “Bikers” when I joined a local club, the bike redefined my life in a way I had not imagined possible. The joys of “going prone”, pulling my first wheelie getting my first conviction ~ all done on this little bike. I thrashed it to within an inch of its life, but somehow I never managed to fall off. We all seem to keep a special place in our affections for our first bike, and I am no different.

A have also owned a various points: FZ600, 2 Superdreams, another 2 YPVS RD350s, 2 CB250RS, RD250E, RD250LC a KH250 and a CD185
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 24 2009, 21:05

Ok, here is my biking history then (now I've managed to sort out getting pictures posted on the site). Unfortunately there are some bikes I have owned that I do not have pictures of, so I have "pinched" them from elsewhere.

I started riding at the age of 16 (legally, before that if truth be known though). My first moped was one of these beasties

Show us your biking history in pics Ph013023

Pretty cool eh? A Honda PC50. Quite heavy and pathetically slow (for a teenager with a need for speed). Needless to say, it went after about 2 months and I got myself one of these beauties

Show us your biking history in pics 1962-NSU-QUICKLY New picture now added at end.

This is an NSU Quickly. Mine was a 1962 model, 2 speed and quite quick (45 - 50mph, downhill, wind behind, just having had a plateful of beans). A truly great moped. Bear in mind, this was the day of the Yammy FS1E and this little beauty could keep up with them, much to the annoyance of the Fizzy owners.

Anyway, had that one until the age of 17, then I moved up to big bikes (on an L Plate). I bought this one for £25 in 1975, it cost me £25 to put on the road and I had this 1963 BSA C15

Show us your biking history in pics Bsac15

until I was 21 when I discovered cars, women and surfing, not in that order (the women did come a bit before that). I did take my test on this bike when I was 18 but like a plonker failed it, never took it again until much later. My Dad bought the BSA off me and it stayed in our family up until about 6 or 7 years ago. I still see it about now.

So, I had a break from biking from the age of 21 until I was 41. I then took the 3 Day Direct Access course on a Kawasaki ER5, passed and promptly bought the bike that I had learnt to ride on. This one

Show us your biking history in pics Kawasaki_ER-5_2004_01_1024

A reasonable bike, to get me back into it. I outgrew it though within a couple of months and went out and bought myself this

Show us your biking history in pics Yamaha-thundercat

Quite a big jump at the time and it took me a couple of hours (lol) to get used to it. Seriously though, it was a fantastic bike in the best colours (same as picture). The Thundercat and I did many fantastic trips abroad and at home. It had done some laps of the Nurburgring, taken me through Europe, down into Italy, all over France, many times, and into Spain. It also featured, along with me and a few others who are still about, in a Yamaha Thundercat feature in MotorCycleNews. After 2 years and 22,000 miles though it was time to be replaced and I bought this one

Show us your biking history in pics Blade4Medium

Those of you that know me will know I still have this bike now. A 2001 Honda Fireblade CBR929. Bought in 2002 with 1,000 miles on the clock. It now has 34,000 miles and has been to so many places at home and abroad. Just a great bike, comfortable, quick and I love it too bits. Can't see me getting rid of it for a while yet.

I have just got rid of one of these on eBay

Show us your biking history in pics HondaCB750F811

It was a 1980 Honda CB750 which I bought with the intention of restoring. Didn't really get the chance to do too much to it though and I sold it a couple of weeks ago and bought this one which I am just putting back on the road

Show us your biking history in pics HondaXL100S021

My 1979 Honda XL100S. I've done more work on this one in 2 weeks than I did in two years owning the CB750. It is well on the way to being back on the road. I'm going to use it as my winter commute and also for some green laning (I live on a farm so plenty of lanes/trails around to use). Can't wait.

Anyway, that's my biking history. It's in the blood. My Dad is 80 in November and he still rides all the time. Admittedly it's old bikes (he's just been and bought a Triumph T100S, 500cc, to restore and he currently rides a Matchless GSR 650cc) but he's still on it. I hope I can follow in his tyre tracks.

So, come on then. Anyone else want to share their biking history?

Tony

Last edited by topcatbones on Sun Jan 10 2010, 12:57; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Mon Sep 28 2009, 14:18

Here you go

Show us your biking history in pics BikeMontage2
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Show us your biking history in pics Empty Biking history -updated!

Post  ellie Mon Sep 28 2009, 14:56

Well, my biking history stretches over many years........one to be precise!!  This was my first bike....a 125cc Honda Varedero, bloody great bike.

Show us your biking history in pics Varede11

My second and present bike.......

Show us your biking history in pics Surf_a11

Better update this!!

Next bike......

Triumph Daytona 650....

Show us your biking history in pics C60FF6CC-47A8-4000-8364-7FC063BC2D16-1114-00000081B3C1A8F7

And now the latest addition....

Show us your biking history in pics Null-138

The latest addition!

Show us your biking history in pics Null_zps25cb646c

Last edited by ellie on Thu Nov 14 2013, 11:53; edited 2 times in total
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 10 2010, 13:01

I've just discovered this picture of me on my NSU Quickly. A 1963 model, 2 speed. This was taken in 1974 and I was 16.

No laughing please.

Show us your biking history in pics Tony1974NSUQuickly
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Sun Jan 10 2010, 14:28

pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
lol2 lol2 lol2 lol2 lol2 lol2 lol2 lol2 lol2 lol2 lol2
hehe hehe hehe hehe hehe hehe hehe hehe hehe

Nice Jumper...and even nicer hair style!!!
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  pipersam Thu Aug 12 2010, 23:20

I love this thread and it deserves to be continued!

So my history is fairly simple

Done my CBT at 16 on this scooter which I had bought, an Aprilia Mojito Custom 50cc

Show us your biking history in pics Mojito%20125%20Custom%20schwarz

It was beautiful to a 16 year olds eyes who hated crossers and didnt have enough money to buy a decent RS50.

I then took my restricted access course after practising on some older kids bikes Laughing and bought myself a shiney red honda hornet 600

Show us your biking history in pics Car_id_14_1

Absolutely loved this bike but had a bad off in wet conditions, so decided to give biking a rest for a while.

Now I own a thundercat (which I'm still waiting to pick up) and so cant really talk much about it. Yet. fnarfnar

Show us your biking history in pics YAMAHA%20THUNDERCAT4
pipersam
pipersam
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  bigcarl Fri Aug 27 2010, 21:32

My biking history started when i was 18 with the Yamaha Dragstar 125cc which i bought from infinity motorcycles in Farnborough with my dad my first and only New bike. i loved this bike and had some amazing adventures on it, it took me from Aldershot to Penzance and back again and what a ride. I sold it to get a car in 2003

[img]Show us your biking history in pics Yamaha12[/img]

my second bike was the Yamaha Thundercat which i got when i passed my test in october 2009 and as soon as i saw it i loved it and it was an amazing bike to own, i used it all through the winter even dropped it in the snow but it still kept on moving.

[img]Show us your biking history in pics Untitl14[/img]

i sold the thundercat in July to get a newer bike as i cant keep anything for more than 2 minutes and settled for the GSXR 750 K1 which is amazing.

[img]Show us your biking history in pics 35202_12[/img]
bigcarl
bigcarl
6Bronze
6Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 54
Hobbies : royal navy
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post  SimonAKASimon Mon Aug 30 2010, 20:23

I don't have a lot of history with my bikes - so i've added an extra one with Luggage :-)

DAS course in 2002, first bike bought and collected on my 30th birthday from Birmingham area - nice motorway ride back ( first ride since passing the previous year :-)
Show us your biking history in pics Yzf60011

And it did get fat and have some luggage added.
Show us your biking history in pics Imgp0010

Then after 6 years or so with the same bike, things went a little silly...
Show us your biking history in pics Blade10

Miss the comfort of the thundercat, but love the power and the handling. Had the thundercat in the shed for a year after buying the blade, and it only got used twice.

Strangely, Jane prefers the blade for pillion riding - more comfortable position with the strap on the front rather than the grab handles....

Anyway - I've posted more posts on here today than nearly the whole of the last couple of years.

Have fun all ..

Simon ( SimonAKASimon - ex Northern Cats of old )

SimonAKASimon
2Bronze
2Bronze

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Mon Aug 30 2010, 21:06

SimonAKASimon wrote:Anyway - I've posted more posts on here today than nearly the whole of the last couple of years.

Have fun all ..

Simon ( SimonAKASimon - ex Northern Cats of old )

Yer not bing bong AKAsimonAKA What a Face

Last seen or heard of on BC 1 if memory serves ponder Question
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  SimonAKASimon Mon Aug 30 2010, 22:08

Yep Tel, Last seen at Bishops Castle Indeed - thats the one .. but think I was riding said thundercat at that point.

Been stuck taking the lady out on the back of the blade and not really the same old 'Northern Cat' scene here any more ... keep in touch with Jez+Bry but thats about it - did see Gail (catlass) last year up Shipton way for the day, but thats about it.

Never know, I may yet pull out a surpise TOL visit yet ... need to be in Norfolk next week, so maybe some juggling and we (missus and I) could turn up out of the blue like last time at BC ...
SimonAKASimon
2Bronze
2Bronze

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 13 2010, 18:24

My biking history is very brief as I only passed my test Jan 25th this year .This is my first bike that I rode on L plates for a while . An unusual bike to change up the gears you had to press the gear lever down .....mmmm[img]Show us your biking history in pics Honda-1[/img]
And then I bought my Cat before I'd actually passed my test , which was famously "Ditched" by my bro-in-law on TOL7 . Then in March I bought the VMAX , so I have the Cat and the Max , both completely different but both so loveable in their own ways.And thats my very brief biking history Very Happy [img]Show us your biking history in pics SDC10382-1

How things change so quickly !! A QUICK UPDATE . SO still having the VMAX and Cat , I then bought this which was meant to be a replacement for the Cat - but it wasn't an all year round bike - I was seduced my it's looks :Show us your biking history in pics SDC10783

So I was running out of room in my garage - I had the VMAX , Cat , TNT, and then I rescued this little fellow which had been dumped in the work car parkShow us your biking history in pics Photo1
I eventually sold the TNT and the Aprillia and still had the Cat and Max , although I've just sold the Cat in the last few

And then in April 2011 I bought : and affraid:
Show us your biking history in pics Bmw4

so to summise I now have the VMAX and the Beemer , and I hope that I won't be in here for a very long time to update my biking history !Show us your biking history in pics Bmwvmax

Last edited by espaceman3 on Sun Jul 10 2011, 12:38; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Mon Sep 13 2010, 22:30

My biking history started 11 years ago when i went & bought a brand new suzuki gsxf 600 but had no licence. Did the cbt & started direct access but wanted to get on two wheels straight away so bought a 500 quid scrapper very much like this.
Show us your biking history in pics 8279
Honda cg125 brazilia, mine was much rustier than this but i loved it.

When i passed my test i went straight from the test centre to pick up the gsxf.
Show us your biking history in pics 2000_GSX600F_blue_250

Loved the gsxf so much & rode it every minute i was not at work but one day called in to colin appleyards with a friend who wanted a new helmet & saw this.
Show us your biking history in pics 3474081420_58877d3487
Only owned the gsxf 6 months & i bought a new gsxr (Must have had money before i had kids)
Had the gsxr for 2 wonderful years before throwing it down the road when i ran out of talent & while rebuilding it bought this little beauty.
Show us your biking history in pics IMG_2940

Rebuilt the gsxr & replaced everything damaged with new (spent over a grand in parts) & then after riding the cat & gsxr back to back realised the cat was a much better road bike so sold the gsxr. Still have the cat to this day although it had a bit of a makeover 2 winters ago.
Show us your biking history in pics DSC00321
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Show us your biking history in pics Empty Rich's Steeds (Past and Present)

Post  Panzerbuilder Fri Jan 14 2011, 19:40

I forgot about this until Tygra just posted his selection.

Well here is mine. Very short and sweet.

1981 - for my 16th birthday my parents bought me one of these.

Show us your biking history in pics Suzuki10

It was in the garage a month before my birthday so I nearly polished it away and did about 10 miles going from one corner, of the garage, to the other. I even remember the reg. TAT 660R. :down:

Then as my mates turned 17, I was one of the youngest in my year, they all got bigger bikes. You could ride up to a 250cc in them days without passing your test. RD125 twin, RD200 twin electric start, X5, X7 and a DT80. Then RD350LCs. I became jealous. green smile

So I took my first part test, passed and borrowed a RD125 twin to take my test. The examiner, on foot, watched me do a LH and then a RH circuit of local roads and then I was safe to get any bike I wanted. So it was down to 5 ways motorcycles to get one of these. A brand new A reg one. I just painted the wheels red to just make it different.

Show us your biking history in pics Yamaha10

A beautiful bike that ended being embeded in the side of a Lada. pale

So after some time the insurance coughed up and I bought another! This time B reg and I couldn't get a black one so settled on this one.

Show us your biking history in pics Rd_35010

This one hit a mini on the way home from work, was done up and then was knicked. I had met my wife to be so the next bike was the 4 wheeled type. It had a roof, a radio and heating! This was until 2010 when my passion was ignited again and I bought Yoda.

Show us your biking history in pics Yzf_pi14

Now I'm back into 2 wheels and sucking lemons to wipe the grin from my face after been out on it! Smile

And that they say, is that. Until the next time, no next bike.... naughty
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  sir digby Sat Jun 11 2011, 17:57

Well ive just come across this post brilliant bikes and hair cuts so heres mineShow us your biking history in pics Spaceh10
after getting a taste of personal transport early on
Show us your biking history in pics Four_w10
i tried different modes of transport
Show us your biking history in pics Mt510
upon turning 14 errr 16 i got myself an mt50 which i had bored out to a 80 put bigger cogs on and managed to get a big 49mph out of
Show us your biking history in pics H100s10
then came the looney machine honda H100s still to this day the most fun you can have on a bike apart from my mate having a yam80 chicken chaser that kept up with me very annoying
Show us your biking history in pics Jailin10
then the jailing jh125 my biggest mistake i bought my first brand new bike wanted a honda XL let the salesman talk me into getting this heap of shyrte awfull awfull cheap cack as luck would have it some poor sod stole it hahaha
Show us your biking history in pics 02511
after a few years repopulating the earth i got back on the bike
Show us your biking history in pics 12710
the cbr600f didnt really do it for me so at a loss what to get next and the traffic taliban not letting me drive for a year i came across a certain website and the good people on it convinced me the cat was a good idea they was right
Show us your biking history in pics Vfr80010
but one of these next year or year after
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 361
Hobbies : roofer/titting about
Humour : if iam put on life support machine turn it off and on again see if that works
Registration date : 2011-04-19

http://yorkhomeimprovements.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sir digby Sat Jun 11 2011, 22:06

hey dont diss the socks
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 361
Hobbies : roofer/titting about
Humour : if iam put on life support machine turn it off and on again see if that works
Registration date : 2011-04-19

http://yorkhomeimprovements.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next