Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

speedo cable probs

2 posters

Go down

speedo cable probs Empty speedo cable probs

Post  Guest Mon Apr 27 2009, 21:42

hello, my speedo cable when disconnected from the wheel gubbins spins ok and the speedo ticks up and down but when placed back into gubbins it doesnt work...the clocks seem to work ok then but its the wheel gubbins thats knackered ,,, seeing as its fixed solidly to the wheel ..how do you fix it ?

topdec - kev.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

speedo cable probs Empty Re: speedo cable probs

Post  Wild-Kat-Wolf Mon Apr 27 2009, 22:42

Hey Kev

You can buy a 2nd hand one from Fleabay or a new one from Fowlers... and fit it... had to do this for my Ace as it died a death - cable was fine but the speedo drive was fooked - it does come off the wheel as a separate part. On saying that, when mine went the clocks stopped counting up as well, i.e. no speed shown, no miles being covered.

Fi
Wild-Kat-Wolf
Wild-Kat-Wolf
3Gold
3Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 734
Hobbies : Generally being as naughty as I can ;o)
Humour : Hell yeah!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

speedo cable probs Empty Re: speedo cable probs

Post  Deso Tue Apr 28 2009, 08:49

Just had a simialar issue with my CBR. The speed sensor completely went. This is an electro magnetic reader that sits in the engine just behind the cylinders and reads off the gears. I couldn't find one on fleabay (rearer then rocking horse sh**) I had to get a new one fitted. I got charged 2 hours labour, which wasn't too bad.

This is what the little blighter looks like. It's bolted to the top of the engine and is connected to the odometer via 3 wires.

speedo cable probs Speed_Sensor

The cost for that was £120 + vat Shocked Shocked

£207 and some pennies to get it done.

I hope yours is a cheaper fix bud. Let us know how you get on.
Deso
Deso
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 74
Hobbies : Driving Instructor/ Bikes
Humour : I have a bit
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down