Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couple reasons iv been quiet lately.....

+9
mechy69
mrfrance
Radar
ellie
Rosco
billyw
robertcains
YZFJohn
Dean-J
13 posters

Go down

Couple reasons iv been quiet lately..... Empty Couple reasons iv been quiet lately.....

Post  Dean-J Tue Oct 30 2012, 10:07

Well first off i sold the Cat - was genuinely a bit gutted when she went but in all honesty there was always something niggling me about the cat, it just didnt "fit" me. Great bike, lovely to ride, handled well, and by the end was set up to perfection for me, but yet it still didnt feel like i was ever truly comfortable on the bike. I cant explain why, as i really dont know, it just wasnt the right bike for me.

Well the day i sold the cat i went and picked up the new bike, a 2004 Yamaha FZ6. She was an auction bike from a repossesion company, that a guy had bought and realised he didnt have a clue what he was doing! She hadnt turned a wheel in a couple of years, so she needed some work, but boy was the price right!! Smile

I got her home, ordered everything i needed ( quite a bloody lot as it turned out!) and set about getting her on the road. All told it took 5 days work to see her right, including bodywork and unforeseen problems, of which there were a few....

She officially hit the road on Wednesday Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

please ignore some of the ghetto bracketry for the speedo etc, but until i have more time and a definate direction on headlight/front end choice it will have to stay as is. Bike is going to be a streetfighter, not just a renthals and headlight job, but a proper full custom bike, will take time and no doubt lots of money, but im in no rush so just going to collect parts and do one job at a time!

As for riding her.... it really shouldnt be as good as it is! She Wheelies all by herself in 1st if your not gentle with the throttle, and lifts going into second, which is nice Smile
soft ass budget crap suspension with no real adjustment should be monumentally shite - but it isnt!! my god im SOOOOO much happier on this bike. I have a set small 4mile run i use to compare bikes on, and i was consistently 15mph faster along it than i ever was on the cat. Cannot wait to get the suspension tweaked and add some dial in capabilities!

But, none of that will be happening in next few months at least......because on Sunday morning at 07:15, This little lady was Born. This is Grace Smile

So there ya have it. I sold my cat, bought something which really should be a downgrade, but definately for me isnt, and had another beautiful daughter to rinse my available funds even more! Busy couple a weeks! Laughing
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 244
Humour : Filthy!
Registration date : 2012-02-02

Back to top Go down

Couple reasons iv been quiet lately..... Empty Re: Couple reasons iv been quiet lately.....

Post  YZFJohn Tue Oct 30 2012, 10:38

Hi Dean,
congrats on the bike and on the wallet buster she looks beautiful.
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Couple reasons iv been quiet lately..... Empty Re: Couple reasons iv been quiet lately.....

Post  robertcains Tue Oct 30 2012, 12:14

Congratulations indeed clink
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  billyw Tue Oct 30 2012, 14:29

Congratulations Dean.
billyw
billyw
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1098
Hobbies : Teacher/ sports/ music
Humour : As often as possible
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Oct 30 2012, 15:02

Congratulations on both counts mate.
They both look great Smile
I'm sure you'll probably end up spending too much on both models but have great fun in the process.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Tue Oct 30 2012, 15:16

Congratulations what a gorgeous baby, they certainly enhance your life.

Enjoy the bike too.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Tue Oct 30 2012, 17:12

Welcome to the world Grace! She looks beautiful

FZ6 is a fun bike, rode one a few years ago...great fun, but uprate the brakes if you can!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  mrfrance Tue Oct 30 2012, 20:47

Congrats mate, they say it comes in threes!
mrfrance
mrfrance
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Tue Oct 30 2012, 20:59

Haha cheers everyone Smile

Radar - not really pushed the bike yet, but brakes i find absolutely adequate, the squishy suspension needs addressing before the brakes! Laughing however i will be fitting an R6 front end at some point, so will run R6 calipers along with wavy discs and braided lines, sure she will stop just fine when im finished! Smile

Paul - i dont need any other surprises mate! Laughing Have to get out for a ride sometime dude, not been out for ages!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  mechy69 Wed Oct 31 2012, 21:01

congratulations on both counts ,, as to the fazer , well what can i say i have the older one and have never been happier

Pete
mechy69
mechy69
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : annoying bmw drivers
Humour : black

Back to top Go down

Post  Roll The Bones Thu Nov 01 2012, 15:49

Congratulations on both your new arrivals.

You know which one is the wallet-buster? But you will have heat-ache, pride and joy for the rest of your days.
Roll The Bones
Roll The Bones
7Silver
7Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Thu Nov 01 2012, 15:55

Congrats on both counts.

My second one is a young filly, 15 now, not really broke the bank...yet.
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Fri Nov 02 2012, 12:16

Thanks guys Smile

She is the 3rd ( and DEFINATELY ) final addition to my little fund rinsing family! I already have Oscar who's 3.5, Amber 2.5, and now Grace.

Im already a massive soft touch with my two other kids, they only have to say Dadaaaaadddyyyyy.... and i buy whatever they want! Laughing

As for the bike, i took her for a short 40mile spin the other day with my mate Andy, and as soon as i got off the bike he said the difference in my riding is massively obvious. Smile
Ok so im still no Rossi, but hey at least now im not a nervous wreck going into the twisty stuff!

Massive plans afoot for this bike, will take a lot of time, effort and money, but if the photoshops iv been doing are anything to go by,boy will they be worth it...!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sat Nov 03 2012, 00:05

Cool Cool

Nice one. wink thumb up
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Thu Jul 04 2013, 00:02

Shall we drag up an old thread...... why not! lol

some updates for you guys an gals!

The FZ6 never got finished,it did get streetfightered and saw various guises, but then something caught my eye and so i sold her. Wont be to everyones tastes, but this is how she looked when i sold her ( i tried to throw the boy in too, but they didnt want him!) :

Then i bought this Ltd edition SV1000SZ:

Which was great an all, but then my mate offered me a swap for my current bike......

Spec list is huge, all it needs to finish it off are an ohlins rear shock, some nice levers and a set of fairings.... thinking Guy Martin TT Tas relentless with white or red wheels......

also, kids got bigger, i had a vasectomy ( See, told you she was 3rd and final!!) and normal life goes on type crap!

so how you guys been??!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Thu Jul 04 2013, 00:03

Thats a pretty crap pic of my bike tuoo... hmmm, no better ones on comp, will update tomorrow with a current one!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Mon Jul 08 2013, 20:45

waited til i had my freshly painted wheels fitted, here she is looking less sorry for herself!!

Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  prime Tue Jul 09 2013, 05:58

very nice mate
prime
prime
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 376
Hobbies : mature student at salford uni, my little family, music (all types), riding and the great outdoors.
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Tue Jul 09 2013, 14:23

Looking good mate.

Your boy looks at home on the street fighter too.
What does he make of this one?

Have you recovered enough to sit on the bike now......ouch?

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean-J Thu Jul 11 2013, 18:02

ha yeah im all healed and back to normal now!

Oscar, and indeed the girls too, all love bikes! My eldest girl unfortunately calls every motorbike or person in leathers or lid, "daddy"! that can be somewhat embarrasing! Laughing

Stuck some 320mm discs on there today to replace the 300mm wavys, should make the already stonking brakes even better! Brembo pads next....

This month is looking quite god work wise, so hoping to order my new fairings and levers at end of the month, then maybe september i can get an ohlins/nitron/maxton/wp etc shock and ill be happy!
Dean-J
Dean-J
3Silver
3Silver

Male Status :

Back to top Go down