Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derbyshire/Bakewell/Macclesfield/Matlock Sunday 22nd July

5 posters

Go down

Derbyshire/Bakewell/Macclesfield/Matlock Sunday 22nd July Empty Derbyshire/Bakewell/Macclesfield/Matlock Sunday 22nd July

Post  Snowcat Thu Jul 19 2012, 20:00

If the weather holds I'm fancying a trip out Derbyshire way on Sunday, early out and early back. Anyone fancy a meet up??
Nothing set in stone, just an idea. Otherwise I might go North Wales or Cumbria/Devils Bridge.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Derbyshire/Bakewell/Macclesfield/Matlock Sunday 22nd July Empty Re: Derbyshire/Bakewell/Macclesfield/Matlock Sunday 22nd July

Post  greencat Thu Jul 19 2012, 20:28

Ahh, great minds! Forecast does look good for Sunday. sunny sunny sunny

Unfortunately I can only get a pass out for the afternoon, which doesn't match up with your plans. Which is a shame.

If anyone's around Lincolnshire I'm intending being at Willingham Woods nr Market Rasen around 2pm (but can be flexible). Hoping Mechy will be along too. If you want to meet for a cuppa and may be head out for a spin then we'd be please to see you.

Ahh, best put this in a separate thread!

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Derbyshire/Bakewell/Macclesfield/Matlock Sunday 22nd July Empty Re: Derbyshire/Bakewell/Macclesfield/Matlock Sunday 22nd July

Post  ellie Fri Jul 20 2012, 07:03

Well I would love too but my bikes in bits in the garage, enjoy folks & stay safe.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Fri Jul 20 2012, 08:24

Better get Nick to pull his finger out Ellie, the small patch of summer is around the corner Wink
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri Jul 20 2012, 19:30

depends on how early the guys comes for the gates & im at work for 2pm so hopefully 10 am till 12 amif i can get out to matlock
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Fri Jul 20 2012, 20:38

The best laid plans of mice and men n all that.... It now appears that something has ce up and I may not be able to hit the road until about 11-11-12 ish!! wall

If I can get away any sooner I'll aim to but the law of sod has conspired against me :(

Update Sunday morning as soon as I know more
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Fri Jul 20 2012, 22:41

Oh, the joys of having responsibilities!

Hope you manage to get out.

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Sat Jul 21 2012, 14:21

dont forget to let me know early enough for me to look up wherever were meeting steve Smile
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 535
Hobbies : artist
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sat Jul 21 2012, 18:02

Would I forget you Wink Will it be easier if you give me a meeting place and then I can give you about an hour and half notice when I'm setting off?
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sun Jul 22 2012, 00:06

ok let us know where when & i,l see if i can make it
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun Jul 22 2012, 08:11

Looking to meet up in Buxton hopefully by 12 but maybe a little later depending on what time I can get away.
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sun Jul 22 2012, 09:53

sorry thats to late for me have to be at work for 2pm
so have a good ride & stay safe
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun Jul 22 2012, 10:09

Hi there slight change of plan now aiming to be in Buxton for 11:30 if that improves things?
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sun Jul 22 2012, 10:18

sorry aim to go out at 10,30 ish 11 back by 12.30 1pm
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun Jul 22 2012, 17:19

Just got back from a great ride out in Derbyshire, managed to meet Cath (Littlecat) in Buxton and as neither of us had a clue where we were going I took the lead, (round a roundabout and a couple of miles down the road) then pulled over for a brew!! (sorry Cath I swear I thought it was further away) After that found some brilliant sweeping roads out of Buxton through Dove Holes towards sheffield the veered off into Bakewell, quick stop then onto Matlock which was pretty rammed with bikes, and some pillock decided to double park his/her VW people carrier in the middle of the road and abandon it!!

All in all great day out, cheers Cath for meeting up and can't wait to get out again soon Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Sun Jul 22 2012, 17:58

thanks steve, thoroughly enjoyed it, makes for interesting filtering when a bus has to overtake a dumped car eh lol
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun Jul 22 2012, 19:51

When I went back the police were there and we're directing the traffic round it, not sure if the car was broke down or just abandoned.

I'm just glad I can hold my own a bit more on the road now I've got a lot more confidence Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Sun Jul 22 2012, 20:13

i wouldnt say you have any problem there steve, and i think im finally getting there lol.
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Sun Jul 22 2012, 21:15

Don't think we did bad for a couple of learners LMAO

..... And next time you're leading Wink

didn't like the pressure of trying to find decent roads when I actually didn't have a clue where I was going, the proof being on the way home I couldn't find that nice road from Bakewell to Buxton and ended up on the shitty A6 :(
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Sun Jul 22 2012, 21:44

i'll maybe have a look at a map before we do it again lol
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Back to top Go down