Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi there

+14
past-it
Panzerbuilder
Little Ninja
0ldcat
billyw
Rosco
stretchie_
SteveCat
YZFJohn
ellie
greencat
Snowcat
littlecat
c0rps3
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hi there - Page 2 Empty Hi there

Post  c0rps3 Wed Jun 27 2012, 01:12

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone, my names chris, i'm 26 and im a yorkshireman!

Just got back on the bike so to speak after 6 months off the road after some numpty decided the back of my bike looked a little too attractive and promptly made a connection with it :( Causing my Mrs a broken Tib and Fib and me to have to sell the bike to cover the bills with the Mrs being off work for 8 months.

So my biking history, passed DAS at 24, got a 1999 T plate GSXR 600 SRAD as my first bike, lovely bike, nice scorpion exhaust, never let me down and i still think they look nice despite the massive rear end on them. That though was sold after my first years riding as i baught it as a cheap bike incase i slid it down the tarmac, i though watching £1700 slide would be less painful than watching £5000 slide down the road. Thankfully i never found out. i know its sad to name bikes but this one was Bumblebee Smile

Hi there - Page 2 76103_10150090105270516_7169943_n

After this was my Lovely K7 GSXR, got it with 530 Miles on the clock on an 08 plate, full arrow exhaust system, double bubble scree, tail tidy, it looked, sounded and went like heaven to me Smile Added some custom seat covers to finish it off and i was happy as larry! i even took this one to silverstone on a novice only trackday (what an experience that was!)and then to Cadwell park later on in the year! truly amazing machine, so confidence inspiring and planted. no matter how hard i rode it(which wasnt very hard admittedly being only my second trackday) it gripped and just eat up the straights and corners! Grin from ear to ear for sure! During the winter it was brought into the house and stripped completely down, deep cleaned, polished and put back together ready for summer Smile Her name was Elektra

Hi there - Page 2 38097_413653386567_1111973_n
Hi there - Page 2 268351_10150221292166568_1996089_n

Unfortunately though this happened :( - Brace yourself its not pretty :( Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Its the wife!
Hi there - Page 2 283594_10150311097280516_689315_n

I dont have any pics of the bike but rest assured, it was not a pretty sight either, half the back end was caved in, subframe was bent, exhaust was bent, footpeg and exhaust hanger were missing. Gutted :(

Also as i dont like the idea of freezing to death in the winter i also have this pit bike for winter fun, and the odd sunny day too. cheap cheerful and a good laugh.

Hi there - Page 2 601861_10150902219292955_1546267066_n

As you can probably guess the reason i am on here is that i have bought a cat. My dad is now a born again biker and decided he wanted to go see the millau bridge this year, so we decided to make it a bit of a family trip, so me, my dad and my older bro are going to france for 10 days in September. FANTASTIC excuse to buy another motorbike (Mrs B aint all that excited but i am) so as i needed something reliable, cheap and i wasnt prepared to have anything with less than 90bhp and wanted some level of comfort too the cat was perfect! so i picked myself a tatty example up for just over a grand and im just in the process of getting a few bits together to tidy her up (no name for her yet, the wife names all the bikes so will wait till steam stops coming from her ears before getting her to name it or it might be rude). Once i have got the bike into some sort of decent condition i will post up some pics but atm its a red and white cat with a luminous yellow double bubble, a badly sprayed front mudguard and a chipped nose fairing. so if anyon has a red nose fairing going spare ££ are on offer for one in good condition, and if anyone has second hand pipe for it too as its WAAAAAAAAY too quiet also let me know Smile

Thanks for reading my babbling rambling rubbish, you may as well get used to it now Smile
c0rps3
c0rps3
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Hi there - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi there

Post  yamahamad Sun Jul 08 2012, 20:47

Hey & welcome to the site, as said nice & interesting intro.

Sorry to hear of the accident & the wifes injuries, hope for a full recovery.

I stumbled upon the thundercat after crashing my then new gsxr k1 & loved the cat ever since.

Paul.

yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Number of posts : 2002
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Sun Jul 08 2012, 20:56

Hi and welcome. Great intro, nasty accident, get well soon to the Mrs, cat looks promising, go on the TOL...they need somebody to write up the review. One last thing...loose the screen!
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Sun Jul 08 2012, 21:34

hi & welcome to the site hope the claim gets sorted & the boss heals
fred as had to write this as for some reason ive got snow blindness after looking at the cats screen
fred & pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  c0rps3 Mon Jul 16 2012, 19:27

Screen is getting ordered today Wink
here she is atm, no mud guard on front as i'm currently stripping it back and repraying it as it lookes like stevie wonder had pained it with a nail polish brush

Hi there - Page 2 178009_10150916359896568_222720643_o
c0rps3
c0rps3
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum