Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi there

+14
past-it
Panzerbuilder
Little Ninja
0ldcat
billyw
Rosco
stretchie_
SteveCat
YZFJohn
ellie
greencat
Snowcat
littlecat
c0rps3
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hi there Empty Hi there

Post  c0rps3 Wed Jun 27 2012, 01:12

Hi everyone, my names chris, i'm 26 and im a yorkshireman!

Just got back on the bike so to speak after 6 months off the road after some numpty decided the back of my bike looked a little too attractive and promptly made a connection with it :( Causing my Mrs a broken Tib and Fib and me to have to sell the bike to cover the bills with the Mrs being off work for 8 months.

So my biking history, passed DAS at 24, got a 1999 T plate GSXR 600 SRAD as my first bike, lovely bike, nice scorpion exhaust, never let me down and i still think they look nice despite the massive rear end on them. That though was sold after my first years riding as i baught it as a cheap bike incase i slid it down the tarmac, i though watching £1700 slide would be less painful than watching £5000 slide down the road. Thankfully i never found out. i know its sad to name bikes but this one was Bumblebee Smile

Hi there 76103_10150090105270516_7169943_n

After this was my Lovely K7 GSXR, got it with 530 Miles on the clock on an 08 plate, full arrow exhaust system, double bubble scree, tail tidy, it looked, sounded and went like heaven to me Smile Added some custom seat covers to finish it off and i was happy as larry! i even took this one to silverstone on a novice only trackday (what an experience that was!)and then to Cadwell park later on in the year! truly amazing machine, so confidence inspiring and planted. no matter how hard i rode it(which wasnt very hard admittedly being only my second trackday) it gripped and just eat up the straights and corners! Grin from ear to ear for sure! During the winter it was brought into the house and stripped completely down, deep cleaned, polished and put back together ready for summer Smile Her name was Elektra

Hi there 38097_413653386567_1111973_n
Hi there 268351_10150221292166568_1996089_n

Unfortunately though this happened :( - Brace yourself its not pretty :( Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Its the wife!
Hi there 283594_10150311097280516_689315_n

I dont have any pics of the bike but rest assured, it was not a pretty sight either, half the back end was caved in, subframe was bent, exhaust was bent, footpeg and exhaust hanger were missing. Gutted :(

Also as i dont like the idea of freezing to death in the winter i also have this pit bike for winter fun, and the odd sunny day too. cheap cheerful and a good laugh.

Hi there 601861_10150902219292955_1546267066_n

As you can probably guess the reason i am on here is that i have bought a cat. My dad is now a born again biker and decided he wanted to go see the millau bridge this year, so we decided to make it a bit of a family trip, so me, my dad and my older bro are going to france for 10 days in September. FANTASTIC excuse to buy another motorbike (Mrs B aint all that excited but i am) so as i needed something reliable, cheap and i wasnt prepared to have anything with less than 90bhp and wanted some level of comfort too the cat was perfect! so i picked myself a tatty example up for just over a grand and im just in the process of getting a few bits together to tidy her up (no name for her yet, the wife names all the bikes so will wait till steam stops coming from her ears before getting her to name it or it might be rude). Once i have got the bike into some sort of decent condition i will post up some pics but atm its a red and white cat with a luminous yellow double bubble, a badly sprayed front mudguard and a chipped nose fairing. so if anyon has a red nose fairing going spare ££ are on offer for one in good condition, and if anyone has second hand pipe for it too as its WAAAAAAAAY too quiet also let me know Smile

Thanks for reading my babbling rambling rubbish, you may as well get used to it now Smile
c0rps3
c0rps3
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Hi there Empty Re: Hi there

Post  littlecat Wed Jun 27 2012, 07:31

hi Chris, great intro..welcome to the forum
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 535
Hobbies : artist
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Wed Jun 27 2012, 07:45

Hello there Chris, welcome to the forum
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Wed Jun 27 2012, 08:27

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the site. Now that's a proper introduction! Thumb

Nice to have another 'local' member on the site. I'm in N Lincs, work in Gainsborough.

Seems like you've had your fair share of misfortune. I hope the 'cat is the start of better things. Enjoy your trip. Supernaut on here has done the Milau. It looks amazing!

Post up some pics of the bike in due course and join one of the meets this year if you get the chance.

Cheers,
Chris

Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed Jun 27 2012, 08:35

Hi Chris,

Great introduction, hope your wife's legs OK now & she goes easy on you with the new bike!

We're just down the road from you, good to see new members.

Join us for a rideout sometime, TOL is in Beverley this year which isn't too far for you.

Good luck with the foreign trip, let us know how it goes with that & the make-over.

Ellie
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  YZFJohn Wed Jun 27 2012, 08:44

Hi Chris,
welcome, maybe see you at TOL?
YZFJohn
YZFJohn
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1687
Hobbies : Job: IT/ Hobbies: Biking/ Fishing
Humour : Gradually Leaving me.
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Jun 27 2012, 09:05

Hi Chris, great intro, welcome.
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Wed Jun 27 2012, 09:31

c0rps3 wrote:I'm a yorkshireman!

That's alright mate, we let allsorts in here Laughing

Welcome in sonny, kettle is over there, mines a black coffee with two sugars

Smile
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Jun 27 2012, 09:32

Hi Chris

Great intro.

Loving the air you got on the pit-bike and how you managed to get your gixer front wheel on the white line.
I quickly scrolled the pics and thought it was you with the painted toe-nails.....nice!
Really sorry to hear about the incident and your wife's injuries....What were the circumstances if you don't mind me asking and what was your insurance claim experience like?

As others have said - The Taste of Lincolnshire run in August will be your next 'local' rideout if you fancy it.

Cheers
Rosco

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  billyw Wed Jun 27 2012, 10:00

Hi Chris - welcome and great intro. Liking the yellow leathers.

Cheers
Billy
billyw
billyw
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1098
Hobbies : Teacher/ sports/ music
Humour : As often as possible
Registration date : 2010-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  c0rps3 Wed Jun 27 2012, 12:15

Thanks for the welcomes, will have a look at the meets section and see what i can do as far as meeting up with a few as im always up for a natter about bikes and general rubish.

Rosco

I was stopped at some temp traffic lightsa just outside betws-y-coed when another bike hit the back of our bike, he tried to braker and swerve round us but took the back corner of the bike and Sarahs leg. Obviousely not watching where he was going properly. Thankfully for some reason i was sat with my front brake on(i dont normally so dunno why i had this time, 6th sense?? maybe, i call it luck) so the forks dove when he hit but i managed to keep the bike shiny side up and then roll it off out of the way of traffic to get the Mrs off the bike and lay her down to wait for 30 mins for an ambulace.

Insurance clain was simple, straight forward and easy, my bike was fixed in weeks, i had a coutrtesy bike while it was away so no drama there. The Mrs leg is still broke unfortunately though :( 9 months on as her leg broke it moved apart at an angle, so there is a bigger gap at the back of her leg in her bone than at the fron thewrefore the front half of her tib has healed and the gap at the back of her tib will take another 12 months to heal properly so she is still not allowed to carry anythng over 5Kg or do anything more strenuous(spelling??) than walking. Her injury soliciter has been muh more of a pain in the backside then the insurace company, getting details wrong, sending out letters with mig chunks of information missing, asking for the same information multiple times and gereally just being complete crap!

Thankfully she is now back at work and living an almost normal life but it certainly put her off biking, i dont thin she will ever go for a ride on the cat but i will keep my fingers crossed that she changes her mind.

Contemplating taking the Cat on track but a 160mm rear tyre makes me a little nervous, ive never riden anything other than a 180mm or 190mm rear since i passed my test so dont know where the edge of the tyre is going to be :S

Greencat

I'm based in rothertham but one of my regular evening ride routed taskes me outh through retford to gainsboro(you will know the road) and back so maybe a coke at the white pub next to the canal might be in order one day Wink

Also, i do have some blue and black RST leathers for the GSXR but my old yellow ones were for trackday use Smile i had to match my bike didnt i Wink
c0rps3
c0rps3
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed Jun 27 2012, 12:29

Hi & Welcome to the forum Chris,

Excellent intro there m8 Thumb

Sorry to hear of the woes and of course the missus injuries. Hopefully one day she may get over the nervse and get back on.

If your injury lawyer is that bad I'd change to a better one that specializes in motorcycle claims. It's your right and I believe I read in MCN once (in the legal advice column), costs nothing. Worth looking into.

Hope to maybe see you on a ride out one day.

Cheers
Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  c0rps3 Wed Jun 27 2012, 12:45

To be fair he seems to have got all the info correct now so we are just waiting for an offer as we have been told Sarahs reovery will be complete and will leave no lasting effect so its just the process of waiting for an offer and seeing what happens but i cant see it happening fast, nothing seems to when soliciters etc are involved.
c0rps3
c0rps3
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  c0rps3 Wed Jun 27 2012, 12:57

Here she is, this is her good side lol. things will be changing soon enough firstly that HIDEOUS screen!

Hi there 165892_10150870007661568_193780291_n
c0rps3
c0rps3
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ninja Wed Jun 27 2012, 13:42

Hello and welcome to the forum. Myself and Robcat live in Worksop so not far from you and regularly do the Reford to Gainsborough run and stop at the Trent Port so let us know if you are going and we can hopefully meet up to say hello.

Linz
Little Ninja
Little Ninja
3Silver
3Silver

Female Status :

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  c0rps3 Wed Jun 27 2012, 14:00

Sounds good, i work in dinnington so i'm hardly a stones throw away tbh. will have to meet up a the trent as you say Smile gotta love that retford to gainsboro road! one of my favourites tbh
c0rps3
c0rps3
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Ninja Wed Jun 27 2012, 14:04

It is a favourite of Rob's too so I'm sure we can arrange to meet up soon
Little Ninja
Little Ninja
3Silver
3Silver

Female Status :

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Wed Jun 27 2012, 14:06

Lovely road!! Give us a buzz if your out and about peeps.
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowcat Wed Jun 27 2012, 16:43

You're right about that screen!! Nice apart from that though Smile
Snowcat
Snowcat
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2426
Hobbies : Aluminium & Stainless Steel Sales : Motorcycling, snooker, football, not going out
Humour : Dry, sarcastic, funny, bit cruel, p*ss taking
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  c0rps3 Wed Jun 27 2012, 18:51

i just ask myself why?????? its luminous! it glows in the friggin dark! i mean what the!?!
c0rps3
c0rps3
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Thu Jun 28 2012, 19:22

Hi Chris. Welcome.

Enjoy the site and well maybe meet up as your only down t road. M62 that is!

Rich.
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  c0rps3 Fri Jun 29 2012, 10:10

I may well bump into some of you at willingham Woods some time. at least with that screen its obvious who i am!
c0rps3
c0rps3
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  past-it Fri Jun 29 2012, 13:00

Are you sure you've not photo shopped the screen to make it so" outstanding" Hi there 605104 If not, ten out of ten for the previous owner finding such a screen that blends flawlessly into the rest of the bike Hi there 3077217049 . Looking on the BRIGHT side no one can say they didn't see you.
past-it
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2011-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post  ian505050 Sun Jul 08 2012, 19:31

Welcome.I am also a Yorkshire man from Bradford. I bought a thundercat a few months ago just bimble round on and had to change the screen as well.

I fitted a light tint screen as seen in the picture. It was £15.99 delivered but did take 25 days to be delivered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251070972082?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Hi there IMAG0450

ian505050
ian505050
3Bronze
3Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Sun Jul 08 2012, 20:47

Hey & welcome to the site, as said nice & interesting intro.

Sorry to hear of the accident & the wifes injuries, hope for a full recovery.

I stumbled upon the thundercat after crashing my then new gsxr k1 & loved the cat ever since.

Paul.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum