Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad news :( cat been stolen :( :(

+15
weasley
Goxethee
Stu
Radar
seancat
stretchie_
Panzerbuilder
Dai-San
ScoldedCat
MrNutt
Rosco
littlecat
sir digby
robertcains
Littledel
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sad news :( cat been stolen :( :( - Page 2 Empty Sad news :( cat been stolen :( :(

Post  Littledel Wed Apr 11 2012, 03:06

First topic message reminder :

Not a happy bunny
Went out for a nice ride Tuesday and to see my brother later that evening. As I came to leave the bike was not there. Some........(major explitives) bike thief had stolen my bike MY BIKE not the low life theiving scum's. Have to say its a horrible thing. Ya work hard play by the rules. And yet someone comes along who doesn't care to ruin it.Makes me wonder why we bother. For of us decent folk, if we want something we work at it to get it....for them they steal it and with the justice system how it is get a slap on the wrist and called a naughty boy/girl. Grrrr they make my blood boil talking bout them. Still all the ranting isn't going to get my beloved puddytat back. However if anyone in the burton area saw a blue and white thundercat at anywhere between 10-midnight or has any info it would be greatly appreciated. Also if you see them riding it or pushing it please feel free to run them over.lol noooo please don't do that.........you might damage whatever you ran them over with. Aye dear feel tealy gutted :( kinda gives me a excuse to buy a Suzuki from a bloke at work tho. Even tho it's not the way I intended on getting a new bike. Also anyone at brands hatch Monday? Now this may sound bad and not hardcore but it was cold and wet. Was exciting racing tho shame bout the people falling off tho :/
Nways just thought I would let you all know what has happend/ have a rant hope everyone is ok?
Matt
Littledel
Littledel
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 91
Hobbies : Engineer
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Sad news :( cat been stolen :( :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Sad news :( cat been stolen :( :(

Post  Wooster Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:40

They were probably too stupid to realise that the sidestand has to be up and the clutch pulled to get it started, then kicked it over in frustration.

Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Sad news :( cat been stolen :( :( - Page 2 Empty Re: Sad news :( cat been stolen :( :(

Post  Goxethee Sun Apr 22 2012, 05:00

Excellent that she's been found Very Happy And not too mangled either Very Happy

Mine starts with the stand down & the clutch not pulled in, is that not normal then?
Goxethee
Goxethee
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Apr 22 2012, 08:05

Goxethee wrote:Mine starts with the stand down & the clutch not pulled in, is that not normal then?
Yes that's normal. It's only when the side stand is down and the bike is in gear that it won't start (even with the clutch in). Stops you doing the old ride away with the side stand down trick. green smile
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sun Apr 22 2012, 09:09

Weird, mine needs both to start..then again I did replace the wiring harness myself. Laughing

...now that I come to think of it, I vaguely recall that the clutch gained an extra connection over the old harness, and there's a distinct possibility that a) the neutral switch has gotten mixed up with the side stand switch (now bypassed), or b) the harness didn't come off a Thundercat at all, despite being described as such on Fleabay. tongue

Let's call it Woosters patent anti-theft system. green smile

... :rite: I think I'm onto something here.
If I took the wires to the clutch switch and connected them to a hidden push switch like this LINK, then there'd be a good chance a thief would never be able to start it without stripping it down (or knowing where the switch is).
It only has to be held while starting, once running it can be released.
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Littledel Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:19

Well this is it Wooster they obviously wernt that clever. Didn't look like they even got it started and the scratches and that were caused by them hiding it. They lay/ dropped it on a pile of rubble and coverd it in cardboard and things to hide it. And that's a good idea about having a hidden switch buuuut kids think if it's someone who's a bit savy about these things, they might rip the bike apart trying to find it? But think its worth doing. Even better I think we should be allowed to attach machine guns to the bike and if the alarm is triggerd they shoot the theives. Instant justice.lol
Littledel
Littledel
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:42

instant justice and natural selection!

we should all put idiot fail safes on our bikes, thief comes along trying to be clever cant start it, loses an arm or and eye or something = natural selection the stupid will be found out!!
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:06

A Katana on a heavy duty spring, hinged at the sidestand would do the trick.
Get the ignition sequence wrong and they lose two feet. green smile
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:44

Shame you can't contact the thieves and give em Ross's address in Shotts, there's a right little minter up there just waiting to be nicked.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Littledel Sun Apr 22 2012, 17:32

Lol i like the idea of a katana.......hmmm anyone thinking a buiness idea here? Flame throwers wud be a good idea. Or a trailer with savage dogs in. In some cases i think takeing the warning labels off things and letting natural selection take its course would iradicate a lot of the stupid people out there.
Littledel
Littledel
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sun Apr 22 2012, 18:09

I think they used flame throwers in South Africa for a while, but I think they nipped it in the bud after someone electrified their door handles.
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Sun Apr 22 2012, 19:35

Littledel wrote:Lol . . . . . In some cases i think takeing the warning labels off things and letting natural selection take its course would iradicate a lot of the stupid people out there.
Ooooh ! Don't let the 'elf & safety fairies hear you say that Shocked . . . . . . . . . . . Brilliant idea tho rofl
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  conyermud Sun Apr 22 2012, 21:00

Bastards. Pardon my French.........
conyermud
conyermud
4Bronze
4Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 33
Hobbies : anything fishing or boats. Or fishing from boats....
Humour : Bill Bailey/Dylan Moran/Father Ted/Inbetweeners
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Goxethee Mon Apr 23 2012, 06:53

0ldcat wrote:
Goxethee wrote:Mine starts with the stand down & the clutch not pulled in, is that not normal then?
Yes that's normal. It's only when the side stand is down and the bike is in gear that it won't start (even with the clutch in). Stops you doing the old ride away with the side stand down trick. green smile

Oh god the number of times I've done that wall
Goxethee
Goxethee
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2