Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad news :( cat been stolen :( :(

+15
weasley
Goxethee
Stu
Radar
seancat
stretchie_
Panzerbuilder
Dai-San
ScoldedCat
MrNutt
Rosco
littlecat
sir digby
robertcains
Littledel
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sad news :( cat been stolen :( :( Empty Sad news :( cat been stolen :( :(

Post  Littledel Wed Apr 11 2012, 03:06

Not a happy bunny
Went out for a nice ride Tuesday and to see my brother later that evening. As I came to leave the bike was not there. Some........(major explitives) bike thief had stolen my bike MY BIKE not the low life theiving scum's. Have to say its a horrible thing. Ya work hard play by the rules. And yet someone comes along who doesn't care to ruin it.Makes me wonder why we bother. For of us decent folk, if we want something we work at it to get it....for them they steal it and with the justice system how it is get a slap on the wrist and called a naughty boy/girl. Grrrr they make my blood boil talking bout them. Still all the ranting isn't going to get my beloved puddytat back. However if anyone in the burton area saw a blue and white thundercat at anywhere between 10-midnight or has any info it would be greatly appreciated. Also if you see them riding it or pushing it please feel free to run them over.lol noooo please don't do that.........you might damage whatever you ran them over with. Aye dear feel tealy gutted :( kinda gives me a excuse to buy a Suzuki from a bloke at work tho. Even tho it's not the way I intended on getting a new bike. Also anyone at brands hatch Monday? Now this may sound bad and not hardcore but it was cold and wet. Was exciting racing tho shame bout the people falling off tho :/
Nways just thought I would let you all know what has happend/ have a rant hope everyone is ok?
Matt
Littledel
Littledel
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 91
Hobbies : Engineer
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Sad news :( cat been stolen :( :( Empty Re: Sad news :( cat been stolen :( :(

Post  robertcains Wed Apr 11 2012, 03:22

Matt, That's awful mate!
It's a good job for them that you didn't catch them at the dirty deed as I'm sure you would have reacted the same way as most of us.
Let's hope the insurance sort things quickly for you without too much hassle.
Thieving scum Steam Ears
robertcains
robertcains
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2160
Humour : Lol. No chance!!
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Littledel Wed Apr 11 2012, 03:29

Cheers Rob
And aye think a theif wud have been calling the police themselves if I ha of caught em.lol and yeaaa hope so need to ring them in the morning :/ dnt like insurance companies. Hope things go smoothly though like ya say. Just a bit pissed as it was me first bike not even got a years no claims had to wait till June for that. But no chance now :(
Littledel
Littledel
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  sir digby Wed Apr 11 2012, 08:20

sorry to hear that i had mine stolen when i was younger its not nice i even found the little s**t who did it and gave him a good kicking till he coughed up to the police who were only bothered about giving me a crime number at first then were going to do me after i did their job for them if only there was someone you could call if you have a problem if only you could hire the A team.
hope you get sorted soon pal
cheers
mark
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 361
Hobbies : roofer/titting about
Humour : if iam put on life support machine turn it off and on again see if that works
Registration date : 2011-04-19

http://yorkhomeimprovements.com

Back to top Go down

Post  littlecat Wed Apr 11 2012, 09:55

sorry to hear that , hope you get it sorted quickly and they find the scumbags
littlecat
littlecat
1Gold
1Gold

Female Status :

Number of posts : 535
Hobbies : artist
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Apr 11 2012, 11:19

Aw crap...gutted is an understatement.

Really sorry to hear that Matt.
Fingers crossed they catch the low life that stole it and the story gets a happy ending.

Rosco

Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  MrNutt Wed Apr 11 2012, 11:20

really sorry to hear that, theifing barstewards!!!

I hope everything goes all smoothly for you with the insurance, as for you no claims stuff dont get to downbeat about it, as you get to start a fresh and at least you hadnt got 5 years and then lost 2 or something like that. I went through the same feeling when I had my crash last summer and found out i would lose my 2 years that I had built up

Sometimes makes you think the insurers are as bad as the thief's.....
MrNutt
MrNutt
5Gold
5Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1767
Hobbies : Events
Registration date : 2011-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  ScoldedCat Wed Apr 11 2012, 11:21

Bugger and damnation, sorry to hear that, can't think of many things more gutting than the bike actually being stolen (with regards to biking that is)!

Hope it all gets sorted soon and their legs fall off!
ScoldedCat
ScoldedCat
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 195
Humour : This parrot is dead!
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Dai-San Wed Apr 11 2012, 12:10

Sorry to hear that mate, had that gut wrenching feeling twice now, nothing worse.

Would love to catch the thieving scum.
Dai-San
Dai-San
5Silver
5Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 338
Hobbies : IT
Humour : I work in IT, am I allowed Humour?
Registration date : 2011-04-10

http://www.dai-san.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Wed Apr 11 2012, 12:51

I hope you get the bike back and whoever gets their dues.

Just to give you hope, back in the 90's my beloved YPVS was pinched but I did get it back. It looked worse for wear and felt dirty but after 5 mins back on it I was glad it was back.

Rich.
Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  stretchie_ Wed Apr 11 2012, 13:34

Gutted for you mate

: (
stretchie_
stretchie_
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1353
Hobbies : Bikes and 4X4's
Humour : Sarcastic... Oh and cheeky, VERY CHEEKY
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Littledel Wed Apr 11 2012, 22:17

Cheers all. Hope I get it back but in one piece. I am kinda doubtfull though. But like you say rich ya got yours back. Do feel with the way the police are the only way they'll find it is if they trip over it arresting someone for spitting on the pavement.lol but of I get it back not fussed how. Even more important to me is that they catch the thriving scum. Spoke to me insurance today thev'e started the claim going. Hopefully won't get dragged out or anything. Specially as the summers nearly here want to b biking for then.
Littledel
Littledel
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  seancat Wed Apr 11 2012, 23:32

Thats s**t mate. fuming
Im gutted for you!

I only saw you outside the Dog and Partridge in Tutbury on Tuesday evening with her!! (Around 5.30pm???)

Where did it get stolen?? In Burton???
Will keep my eye out for it chief, but like you, I fear the worst.......

Will be more wary with my Cat now!

Keep us posted Matt, hope it goes well with the insurance.

Sean.
seancat
seancat
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 152
Hobbies : Designer
Humour : Drier than a Nuns chuff!
Registration date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Radar Wed Apr 11 2012, 23:55

Sorry to hear this. Hope the claim goes well
Radar
Radar
Admin2
Admin2

Number of posts : 2066
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Littledel Thu Apr 12 2012, 00:46

A up Sean
N yup that was the last ride I went on her. Thought I saw you driving up the hill. N cheers mate think it will b long gone tho. And was taken from outside me brothers house on uxbridge street. If any of you know the area. It's........multi cultural to say the least. Thin is almost as if I subconsciously new. I was going to go home and get my car but them thought nahhh may as well go on bike save me a trip. Then I parked it outside me brothers house but thought might b better across the road the way people drive down uxbridge street. So parked it up looked at me brothers house and thought hmmm bit difficult to see from there. However I supose I thought it will b ok. It won't happen to me. On the subject of claims a few of you have had the same experience as me. Is there anything to be wary of with te claim? Any problems or anything anyone has faced?
Littledel
Littledel
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  sir digby Thu Apr 12 2012, 08:36

yea i didnt tell them i had 3 points and the bastards refunded my policy and wouldnt pay out i got the points after i took the insurance out it was a very expensive mistake on my part.
my point been the twats will try and wriggle out of it and pay you as less as they can get away with so make sure you get enough payed out to replace your bike be firm with them.
cheers
mark
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 361
Hobbies : roofer/titting about
Humour : if iam put on life support machine turn it off and on again see if that works
Registration date : 2011-04-19

http://yorkhomeimprovements.com

Back to top Go down

Post  seancat Thu Apr 12 2012, 18:58

Yes mate, that was me. Smile
I caught a glimse of you as I drove past.

Hmmmmm.
Uxbridge street.....I know it very well, unfortunately for all the wrong reasons. :(

But like you say, and Im sure many others have said, "It will be OK" and regretted it.

I was speaking to a copper only a week or so ago about bikes (After he followed me home in a patrol car! He has a Hyabusa, so likes his bikes a bit!), He mentioned that bike theft in Burton and surrounding areas (Swadlincote, Hilton, Tutbury, Woodville Ect, Ect) is on the increase. It is up by 50% on last year, and he has seen more risky thefts for OLDER bikes than ever before, such as thefts from gardens, sheds garages.
I know this is of no help now, but at least if you know anyone else who has bikes (I know your family has a few!!) you can at least warn them to be more vigilant when leaving their pride and joy parked up in our area.

Are you thinking of getting another Cat then Matt???
Or are you tempted by a Quack? Very Happy

Sean.

seancat
seancat
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 152
Hobbies : Designer
Humour : Drier than a Nuns chuff!
Registration date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu Thu Apr 12 2012, 20:29

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, hope things get soted soon.
Stu
Stu
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 129
Hobbies : Engineer/Surfing
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Littledel Thu Apr 12 2012, 21:22

Cheers mark. I was honest with them when I took my policy out and about the theft and that. I know it's tempting but I always think its not worth it. Typical insurance tho. They do everything to bump up the price then try and find any excuse not to pay out. Just hoping its going to be a fairly open and shut case. And yea was gona bob rnd actually Sean when u saw ya but thought ya wud have just been getting in from work. And yeaaa uxbridge street is getting worse me brothers is lookin to move for that reason. And aue one of those things always on the back of ya min but ya always think it won't b mine. I supose I learnt a valuable lesson the hard way. And didnt know it was on te increase :S specially with older bikes this is something that was puzzleing me. Of it was kids wanton to thrash something round a field it's not the sort of bike for that. But as much as I love the thundercat and thinks its a great bike. It wouldn't b the first choice for many. If ya were goin to steal a bike. And not sure what to have next. Dad sold his zx6r at the weekend I was very tempted to bid on that but never.lol but really tempted by this gsxr 600 it's a 05 plate absolutely immaculate and it has a alarm.lol only thing is its a lot to pay for a bike and going to b a lot to insure :/
Littledel
Littledel
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Goxethee Sat Apr 14 2012, 23:47

Oh Matt that's horrible, I really hope you get her back, & in one piece too :( I had a GP100 & a YPVS stolen in the past, didn't have any trouble with the insurance, but then I'm talking about 20-25 years ago :/ Got them both back too Very Happy Though the GP100 had been driven along a bridleway in the woods by some drunk nippers & wrapped round a tree :/ YPVS was found in a ditch a month or so later, out of petrol, just a few scratches, a bit rustier, still fully functional - so you could be lucky, hope you are Very Happy
Goxethee
Goxethee
7Bronze
7Bronze

Female Status :

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Littledel Sat Apr 21 2012, 18:34

The police found the cat Very Happy
Ok so I say they "found" it. It was tucked behind a take away about 100m down the road from where it was taken. And by chance two coppers got hungry and decided to go to the takeaway for some food. And the bright take away man said can ya come and look at this. Annaaaaawayyy the copper rang me to say he'd found it so went to the police station then back to me brothers where it was being loaded onto a recovery lorry so actually saw it.lol it's a cat that's been molested tho :( not badly will want a new ignition barrell and has a few scratches and a little dent in the tank where the scum has thrown it away. But overall it's ok. Have to do battle with the insurance now not really sure what happens now. And still decided to have this gsx-r but least I'll get it back. Depending on what the insurance say.
Littledel
Littledel
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu Sat Apr 21 2012, 19:58

Hope it all sorts its self out soon. Don't suppose the police were able to get any leads?
Stu
Stu
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 129
Hobbies : Engineer/Surfing
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  weasley Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:58

Have you had a payout for the Cat? If so, it's not yours any more. The insurance may offer to sell it back to you, but they don't have to.
weasley
weasley
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1506
Hobbies : Yes
Humour : Yes
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Littledel Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:17

Well the police are going to send the forensic people to look at it on monday. So hopefully they might find something. Although I'm fairly doubtfull :/ and nope not need made a offer yet so touch would I can cancel it or whatever I have to do. Making claims isn't something I do very often so not sure how it works.lol just wondering now if I dnt claim n say I'll pay for the recovery and storage. Plus it's only down the road so cus throw stones at it if from sitting on the sofa.lol so collecting it is no problem. Plus my excess is £400 do wid have to pay it either way. Do I still have to declaire it as a claim if I get insurance on another bike? Even though I technically never actually claimed? Was such a nice feeling to see it one price though fairly untouched. Hopefully manage to get a print or something to catch the little b******s
Littledel
Littledel
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wooster Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:40

They were probably too stupid to realise that the sidestand has to be up and the clutch pulled to get it started, then kicked it over in frustration.
Wooster
Wooster
Mod3
Mod3

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1851
Registration date : 2011-06-03

http://www.woostyandkeas.com/forum/index.php

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next