Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Special SOB

2 posters

Go down

Special SOB Empty Special SOB

Post  reciprocity Sat Aug 13 2011, 18:05

Has anyone on here ever had their bike blown over by wind? As it appears that my bike has somehow hit the ground and the right wing mirror has taken most of the force. If it isnt something that is entirely possible then some special SOB has knocked the damn thing over whilst reversing and then gotten out of their car to prop it back up again then had the cheek to not knock on my door and let me know that they have had a moment of temporary insanity where they were unable to utilise their rear view mirror.
reciprocity
reciprocity
1Silver
1Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2011-07-15

Back to top Go down

Special SOB Empty Re: Special SOB

Post  Rosco Sat Aug 13 2011, 18:47

That's crap mate regardless of how it happened.

It's unlikely to have been blown over by the wind but depending on the camber of the road, how the bike is positioned on it and whether it is left in gear or not will determine how easy it is to fall over.

I've parked up a few times and then then chose to change the position to get it leant over just a bit more. It is more of a problem for lowered bikes if they haven't had the side stand adjusted.

After you work out the cost of damage you could mail-shot all your neighbours (very carefully worded) and see if you get a response - anonymous or otherwise.

Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down