Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scottish biker road signs - special meaning?

2 posters

Go down

Scottish biker road signs - special meaning? Empty Scottish biker road signs - special meaning?

Post  SteveCat Fri Jun 04 2010, 09:56

Cross posted from Favorite Roads

Rosco wrote:After seeing the Motorbike 'hazard' signs on the A72
I was asked if I knew the meaning of the sign.

Jokingly I tried 'Better biking roads ahead?'and 'oi you in the helmet who don't read road sign's this one's sharp?'

I have been told it has a specific meaning, was just wondering if it was true.

Apparently some bikers have been leaning over in the bends and their heads/helmets have strayed over the white line into oncoming vehicles with deadly consequences. If that is the case then the sign is reminding us of correct positioning and the other road users to be careful of stray bikes for those who don't.

Just curious
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Scottish biker road signs - special meaning? Empty Re: Scottish biker road signs - special meaning?

Post  Guest Fri Jun 04 2010, 21:21

Steve,

As far as i'm aware yes it does mean that - i've also seen a sign somewhere (and can't for the life of me think where) that also warns this - of a biker leaning sideways and middle road markings to warn not to put your head over the white line.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Scottish biker road signs - special meaning? Empty Re: Scottish biker road signs - special meaning?

Post  Rosco Fri Jun 04 2010, 21:42

I've always seen it as a 'great biking road ahead' sign.
Straying on to the wrong side on a bend is asking for trouble....don't think we need a special sign for that.
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down