Yamaha Thundercats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please.

+19
Little Ninja
0ldcat
frazmcfraggle
Krusty
greencat
SteveCat
DAF
Robcat
Catapulted
Eddie990
furball
MevsyD
Dirt Bike Dave
Wild-Kat-Wolf
terry lees
Mac jock
yamahamad
billyw
Rosco
23 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please. - Page 4 Empty Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please.

Post  Rosco Wed Jan 19 2011, 00:46

First topic message reminder :

Hi All

Looking for a gauge of interest on this one please.
Probable maybe's and above.

The plan at the moment is to do something a bit different on the Friday night (subject to interest)

Since we are all petrol heads anyway how about seeing if we can get the go-karts on two wheels on the Friday night before the rideout on the Saturday.

Fiona (WkW) and myself have been looking at karting and accommodation in both Edinburgh (near the airport) and Livingston (about 10 miles west). We have since confirmed our booking at Livingston.

The guestimates of cost are currently approx £23 pppn (excluding breakfast) at a Hotel near to the karting (walking distance at Edinburgh Karting and about 2miles away from Livingston Karting)
Karting is working out at £25 pp at Livingston and possibly a bit more (tbc) at Edinburgh

Accomodation cost should be £27.50 pppn Inc breakfast
Cost of the karting should be £25 pp. We need 12 minimum.

Good news and bad news.

Bad news is the only time we can get karting is 5.30 til 7.30 pm on the Friday.
We need to be there at 5pm!!! Shocked

Good news - or is it - we can get to the bar earlier.
You can just turn up at the karting (race-ready) and check in at your accommodation after if that helps.

I'm not forcing people to stay in the accommodation we suggest nor forcing people to attend or participate in the karting.

FYI - For people staying in the group accommodation we normally suggest people share twins (and doubles if you've pulled) and if it turns out we need an additional single room then the full cost is split equally between all people in the group accomodation. If you specifically want a single then you will need to pay any extra yourself.

If enough people want to do the karting for it to be viable them it will go ahead.

If people express an interest in doing a shorter and more fuel economical ride-out then this will go ahead. We've got a volunteer rideout leader ready should there be people wanting this option.
As mentioned in the other post should the two rideout option go ahead then we will probably still have rendezvous points and lunch together so people have the option of changing if they wish. If you are new to rideouts and want to be broken in gently or not so new to rideouts and fancy seeing the views a bit more then this might be just the ticket for you.

Route(s) haven't been 100% sorted yet but we will do our best to ensure we find the best bits.

Show your interest by adding your details below or PM me (with any questions too) with the info required below and I'll add you on. A deposit of £10 will confirm your place (subject to room availability)

Cheers
Rosco

MASTER LIST

[/tr]
Name Karting Stay in Group organised accommodationRideout - Slightly Shorter&SteadyEddie OR Standard £10 Deposit Paid?
e.g. JoeBloggsYes / No No I'll sort my own / I'll be travelling from home / Only on the Sat etc.Shorter&SteadyEddie for me please (be gentle)
Rosco YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard YES
Bravepill6 (Rosco's Pillion) YESFriday and Saturday Night please Standard my beeatch
Billyw YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseSteadyEddie YES
Eddie990 YESFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Terry Lees NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Wild-Kat-Wolf YES No SteadyEddie YES
Jon (WKW OH) YESNo SteadyEddie YES
Dirt Bike Dave YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Mevsyd YESFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Mevsyd's Lass (Pillion?) YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard YES
FurballYES Friday and Saturday NightStandard YES
Christian NoFriday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Catapulted YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard YES
Robcat YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard YES
Little Ninja (Linz)YES Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard (Pillion with Robcat) YES
John No Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard YES
DAF YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard cheque in the post
Stevecat YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard YES
(Lee) YES Friday and Saturday Night Standard cheque in the post
SeanYes ?/ No ? Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard Will sort out with Tes
FrazMcFraggleNoNotbc n/a
TimYes Friday and Saturday Night pleaseStandard Paid by Tes

Last edited by Rosco on Fri Apr 29 2011, 14:20; edited 20 times in total
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 6659
Humour : Oh Go On Then
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please.

Post  terry lees Mon Apr 25 2011, 14:52

thanks for letting us know, can quite understand your reasoning. Tes

terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please. - Page 4 Empty Re: Wee Mac 2011 Sign Up (Fri 29th April - Sunday 1st May) & 4 wheel surprise - Gauge of interest please.

Post  DAF Mon Apr 25 2011, 22:35

Hi Tel

As far as I am aware myself and Mark will still be aiming to meet you in Richmond on Friday, will let you know if anything changes or if we are running late.
DAF
DAF
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 19
Hobbies : Composites/Motorbikes, Home Cinema, cycling, cars, gadgets, swimming, Scuba Diving, Skiing. Tripledaf on XBOX live
Humour : I've been banned from telling jokes with threats of violence if I do.
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Tue Apr 26 2011, 07:43

Hi Darren, Good to hear from you, any probs re delays etc. let me know on 07751120945, we'll be waiting in Richmond. Tes
ps. Iff you're late you'll have Stevecat to answer to, cause he's rather keen to ride up and down a certain hill
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Catapulted Tue Apr 26 2011, 23:25

terry lees wrote:Hi Darren, Good to hear from you, any probs re delays etc. let me know on 07751120945, we'll be waiting in Richmond. Tes
ps. Iff you're late you'll have Stevecat to answer to, cause he's rather keen to ride up and down a certain hill

Not long now...

Where exactly in Richmond do you suggest we meet? Town will probably be deserted at 11am anyway due to a certain event happening at that time.

Bearing in mind all the usual faffing about when a group of bikers get together do we still think meeting at 11am is OK to get to the Karting on time?

Mark
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Tue Apr 26 2011, 23:56

Myself and stevecat are overnight in the black lion hotel so if need be we can set off earlier there is a big market square or we can meet in the car park of the hotel..
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 717
Hobbies : Stone. Sell it..Love it...
Humour : Dry /sarcstic..
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Apr 27 2011, 07:34

Hi All

I've updated the list again which should reflect what everyone is doing. Can you please check this is accurate for you?

The two couples have their doubles sorted. Snory Steve has a single. There is one double that is going to be used as a single so if anyone particularly wants that room for medicinal, snoring or on-the-pull purposes then please let me know.

Cost is £24 pppn regardless (cost's added up and split equally) - total £48 which has to be paid on arrival. After looking through my previous posts I don't think this will include breakfast (an extra £4.50 per day). Therefore the total is more likely to be £57 pp. I'll try and confirm later today.

Please note that the go-karters should be at the karting ready to start the briefing at 5pm. rulez

Folks to sort their own food on Friday night (a few options nearby), organised in the attached oriental restaurant for the Saturday night.

Gonna make it a pre 9am meet up and try and depart soon after 9.15am

Our first fuel stop will be approx 100 miles after leaving the digs so try and make sure you have enough (although we will be passing a service-station before we join the motorway in the morning for those that require it.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catapulted Wed Apr 27 2011, 07:56

MevsyD wrote:Myself and stevecat are overnight in the black lion hotel so if need be we can set off earlier there is a big market square or we can meet in the car park of the hotel..
Darren and I could probably get there a bit earlier, but we do have 200 miles or so before the meet so please be kind!
Catapulted
Catapulted
7Bronze
7Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveCat Wed Apr 27 2011, 09:21

Anyone taking their PMR? I've usually got mine on the bike (no idea why TBH Rolling Eyes )

Well I'll be on my way in less than 24 hours shit happens
SteveCat
SteveCat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5108
Humour : You've gotta be joking

Back to top Go down

Post  sir digby Wed Apr 27 2011, 09:31

hope you all have a good time wish i was going hope to catch up next time
sir digby
sir digby
6Silver
6Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 361
Hobbies : roofer/titting about
Humour : if iam put on life support machine turn it off and on again see if that works
Registration date : 2011-04-19

http://yorkhomeimprovements.com

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Wed Apr 27 2011, 09:54

The square in Richmond is quite a large one, I suggest we meet at the top end [the highest point] you'll see what I mean when you get there. I think this is a better meeting point than the pub car park, as thats a little hard to find if you've never been before. Rough est. to the top of Hartside and the cafe there 1 hour, say 1/2 an hour messin about cup of tea etc. Then about 2&1/2 hours to Livingstone. That should give us ample time for fuel stops etc. Tes
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Wed Apr 27 2011, 10:05

Spot on. There is a greggs in the square if anyone arrives early and needs refreshing. See you all there.
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  0ldcat Wed Apr 27 2011, 14:58

Hope you all have a cracking good time. I look forward to the reports and the writen banter on your safe return home everywhere.
Also looking forward to the multiple array of pictures that usually follow one of these fantastic events.

Ride Safe ~ Stay Safe . . . . . and have a blast clink

Tel
0ldcat
0ldcat
founder

Male Status :

Number of posts : 5229
Hobbies : Motorcycling, Cooking, Rugby
Humour : It shrank in the wash
Registration date : 2008-11-05

https://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

Post  yamahamad Wed Apr 27 2011, 16:30

Have a great & safe time guys & gals. I will just sit here at work :( well at least i have the bike to ride home on.
Looking forward to the pics & stories.
Paul.
yamahamad
yamahamad
6Gold
6Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 2002
Hobbies : Bmw technician. Weight training. Music. Beer.
Humour : big american 4x4?
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  greencat Wed Apr 27 2011, 19:48

Yep, hope you all have a great time on the Wee Mac. Very Happy

The start of the season 'March on Scotland' gets more impressive every year!
Shame I can't make this one, but hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable time.

Spring has sprung and the bunnies :albino: :albino: :albino: are out and about - so don't follow Ross too closely (sorry Euan Embarassed you don't have much option!)

Say hi to Kev from me and I look forward to seeing the pics in due course, and some of you in Wales in June.

Cheers,
Chris
greencat
greencat
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1558
Hobbies : Computers/Landscape/Travel/Sleep
Humour : Lots of things make me laugh!
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Panzerbuilder Wed Apr 27 2011, 21:00

All you lucky ones who are travelling and trying out the "north of the border" weekend thrills, have a good time and I hope the weather is kind and the roads good and safe. great

I wish I was there but he ho, its York tomorrow night, not on the razzle but to pick my son up from the train station at midnight! Again. Rolling Eyes

Enjoy!

ATB Rich.

(I wil be up there in a couple of weeks anyway) In car... :down:

Panzerbuilder
Panzerbuilder
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1221
Humour : Anything that puts a smile on my face ;-)
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  frazmcfraggle Wed Apr 27 2011, 21:27

Barring any disasters I will be along for the run on Saturday morning bright and breezy.

Rosco what junction of Mway is the filling station near as I will likely fill up on the way in to meet you guys ?

Also any chance of PM ing me your mobi number in case I get lost etc - wouldnt want to be riding round Livi looking for you guys and you all wanting to get moving but waiting on me. Hopefully wont happen but I do remember getting lost in Livi in the car before. Will print directions etc but just in case, as the old fella always tells me - Belt n Braces old
frazmcfraggle
frazmcfraggle
2Silver
2Silver

Male Status :

Number of posts : 182
Hobbies : On The Buses
Humour : Sarcastic / Cheeky
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosco Wed Apr 27 2011, 22:36

Hi Fraz

It is J3 of M8 (not 3A)

BP Garage at Deer Park.

Address is Hawkbrae, Livingston

This map might help - HERE

I'm on Oh Heaven 970 Wan 3 Oh 991

Please text me yours.

Cheers
Rosco
Rosco
Rosco
Admin2
Admin2

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Thu Apr 28 2011, 21:16

Right, just got back from Aberdeen an hour ago!!...Check
Pick bike up in morning from Ducati...check
Meet Furballs Davie at 1500 tomorrow...check
Dig out tailpack and pray my leathers still fit...check
Insurance runs out at 1200 on saturday....'doh!! renewed insurance online half an hour ago...check!
whilst rummaging thru docs for insurance i've realised my MOT ran out on the 7th April.....D'OH!!! wall
Which means i cant tax the bike in the morning before i pick it up....aarrgghhh!!
Sooooo i shall be spending tomorrow morning running around Glasgow trying to get it MOT'd...and its a fekkin Bank holiday!!!

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

COULD THIS BE THE FIRST NUMPTY POINT WITHOUT ACTUALLY GETTING AS FAR AS RIDING THE BIKE??

Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Thu Apr 28 2011, 22:20

I've said it before Davie boy, {you know whats coming do'nt you]..........................................................! what you need is a nice little Austin 7 !!!!
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirt Bike Dave Thu Apr 28 2011, 22:26

Tes,
You got a very good point there. At least one of those doesn't need road tax anymore !!
Looking forward to catching up mate.
Dirt Bike Dave
Dirt Bike Dave
Event-Organiser
Event-Organiser

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1592
Hobbies : Bikes and beer
Humour : Feck Off
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  MevsyD Thu Apr 28 2011, 23:01

Well my weekend has started. Sat with Chris, Steve and Angela having a couple of beers in Richmond. Terry just left, nice turnout pre wee mac!
MevsyD
MevsyD
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Back to top Go down

Post  DAF Fri Apr 29 2011, 05:58

Leaving at 6.30 so should easily get to Richmond on time Terry. See you all soon.
DAF
DAF
2Bronze
2Bronze

Male Status :

Number of posts : 19
Hobbies : Composites/Motorbikes, Home Cinema, cycling, cars, gadgets, swimming, Scuba Diving, Skiing. Tripledaf on XBOX live
Humour : I've been banned from telling jokes with threats of violence if I do.
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  ellie Fri Apr 29 2011, 06:56

Have a great time chaps, ride safe xxxxxxxxxx

Just nipped outside and done a sundance so the weathers sorted for you ;-D

Ellie pinkelly
ellie
ellie
Admin2
Admin2

Female Status :

Number of posts : 4347
Registration date : 2009-01-27

http://ellen.shuker@nhs.net

Back to top Go down

Post  kwakkat Fri Apr 29 2011, 09:08

what are you mad your all going to miss the royal wedding you lucky devils pmsl
have a great time
ps the wedding repeated at 9pm tonight so you can watch it in the pub just incase your interested great
pete
kwakkat
kwakkat
4Gold
4Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 1399
Hobbies : living the life
Humour : evil just plain evil

Back to top Go down

Post  terry lees Fri Apr 29 2011, 09:21

Oh yeh, I.m sure we'll all be watching it in the pub, just when the ale will be in freeflow, and the fillet steak sizzling on the plate, oh yeh, ca'nt wait.
terry lees
terry lees
4Gold
4Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  furball Fri Apr 29 2011, 09:26

cards wrote:what are you mad your all going to miss the royal wedding you lucky devils pmsl
have a great time
ps the wedding repeated at 9pm tonight so you can watch it in the pub just incase your interested great
pete

LOL Pete have you got the day of work? The whole point in having the WeeMac today was to miss the going's on...

Davie . right better get kitted up, gonna leave at ten

furball
furball
3Gold
3Gold

Male Status :

Number of posts : 833
Humour : OH!!! Yes Please

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next